Why is it so hard to make friends in America?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why is it so hard to make friends in America?

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 1:31 am
NY Post says the average American hasn't made a friend in 5 years.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/09/why-the-a ... n-5-years/
That's an interesting article and if these lockdowns continue for a year or two more (like some people are projecting), it will be even longer for people in the US to make any friends. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
statnerd
Freshman Poster

Post by statnerd »

I think it's mainly the culture of selfishness and not trusting other people, combined with the passive aggressive, two-faced nature of most Americans. I too have noticed that I get along much better with immigrants, especially in the workplace. I enjoyed working with an Indian and a Nigerian. They were very down to Earth and friendly, and I had fun interacting with them. My American-born coworkers have been cold and fake for the most part.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

statnerd wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 11:58 am
I think it's mainly the culture of selfishness and not trusting other people, combined with the passive aggressive, two-faced nature of most Americans. I too have noticed that I get along much better with immigrants, especially in the workplace. I enjoyed working with an Indian and a Nigerian. They were very down to Earth and friendly, and I had fun interacting with them. My American-born coworkers have been cold and fake for the most part.
I wonder if everything in America became that way after an a certain group of People, staged a secret coup but it is visible for anyone who can view reality without a bias (towards political correctness or not wanting to be called a racist, or Nazi, or other term). The disproportionate representation among all the highest positions in the top stratas of all White Nations would not happen by chance or by skill, but by an intentional conspiracy.

Or if it's another reason like how America has a Puritan foundation. The Puritans or Anabaptists left Europe, mainly Britain, because they were viewed as fanatics or a fringe group with fanatical ideas. The single largest Protestant element of America was a fanatic religious group that got mainstreamed over time. When one considers that, it is easy to see why America is selfish, has do many rules and laws and prisoners, too much poverty, and not enough if a welfare system.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Question for @HouseMD or other mainstream types here who have a decent social life in the US or Taiwan:

1. Most mainstream people in America and Taiwan freely admit to me that they don't talk to strangers and have no business or interest in doing so. How then do they make friends in the first place then if they aren't open to talking to strangers or meeting new people? How do their friendships begin then? Seems like a paradox. Can you resolve it?

2. Suppose your social network was reset to zero, meaning you had zero friends now, and everyone ditched you for no reason. How then would you go about making friends if you don't like talking to strangers? Seems like a paradox to me. I've always wondered about this and what mainstream people, aka "normies" or "neurotypicals" (non-aspies), would say to this.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne