My family disagrees when I discuss the US dating scene

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

My family disagrees when I discuss the US dating scene

Post by MattHanson1990 »

So a lot of times these days when I talk to my dad and my sister over the phone, I discuss with them about how terrible the dating scene in the US is these days. Before I go into more detail, my sister graduated from Los Alamos High School in 2004 while my dad is 72 years old and retired from Los Alamos National Laboratory 2 years ago about 4 months before my mom suddenly passed away. Well, my dad disagrees with me when I tell him American women are stuck up, and both my dad and sister disagree when I tell them that most AW today prefer bad boys and thugs instead of nice guys. My dad thinks its still the 1960s, when AW were in fact more down to earth compared to today's AW. Also, many students attending Los Alamos High School tend to be more authentic and down to earth than if you attend high school pretty much elsewhere in the US. It's unbelievable how my sister disagrees with the statement that most AW prefer bad boys over nice guys considering she's from Generation Y like me; she thinks it's the other way around, but I've seen a lot of hot AW with guys with tattoos and wearing baseball caps backwards, which are clearly bad boy trademarks. And my dad asks me "Is (female friend's husband) a bad boy?." I have a close female friend who graduated Los Alamos High School in 2005 and is currently married to a guy who graduated LAHS in '04; they're both down to earth people.

Another thing that really made me mad is when I told my dad about how single men outnumber single women by a lot in the US and he told me I CAN PUT UP WITH IT :x

Both my dad and sister want me to stay in the US because it has the best job market in the world and the highest standard of living compared to other countries, including other first world countries such as Australia and those in Western Europe.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Why are you arguing with two people who can in no relate to the plight of the 18-40 year old modern american male?

They will deny everything because they simply are unable to see it from their point of view. Spend the energy arguing with improving your own life situation.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: My family disagrees when I discuss the US dating scene

Post by Yohan »

MattHanson1990 wrote: Both my dad and sister want me to stay in the US because it has the best job market in the world and the highest standard of living compared to other countries, including other first world countries such as Australia and those in Western Europe.
This argument for sure is not true!

Living standard in USA is not bad, but there are at least 20 or more countries worldwide which are offering the same or even higher standard.

Australia is not a cheap place at all and has a high living standard, and same can be said about Northern and Central Europe.
I don't think my life in Japan is worse than it could be in USA.

I think US-citizens in USA are often badly informed. There are plenty reports about impoverished countries in the US-media, Iraq, Sudan, Pakistan and so on, but there is very little information about countries which are at least equal or higher in income and quality of life compared to USA.

To talk about the dating scene in USA is a totally different matter - while living standard is not bad in USA for men, there is clearly a discussion going on about how to find a female partner if you are an average young male and straight.

I also consider the dating scene as very risky in the USA, as there are plenty of false accusations, a very biased legal situation against men, legal defense is very expensive and might bankrupt you even in case you did nothing wrong. - It seems to be single is the best for a straight man in the States.

While the dating scene is broken in many Western countries due to feminism as well, the overall situation is less hateful and less mistrusting against men elsewhere. Actually, super-feminist countries like Sweden, Norway or Germany have a very gentle execution of their laws in case a man finds himself in troubles because of women and children. Lawyer's fees are often fixed, alimony is strictly time-limited, punishments are lenient, and for sure not every woman is obese, into drugs and alcohol, suffering of paranoia and sees a rapist everywhere, even in the supermarket or in the library.

Only people who have never been outside of USA can claim living standard in USA are superior compared to any country worldwide.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 20th, 2020, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

The idea that the US is the best place to be is a fairy tale people tell themselves to remain docile and complacent. I went to a $10,000 massage school for 7 1/2 months and my friends in Costa Rica think that is insane! For that much I am told I can get 6 years of medical school in Costa Rica. Ignorance perpetuates the status quo.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

The idea that the US is the best place to be is a fairy tale people tell themselves to remain docile and complacent. I went to a $10,000 massage school for 7 1/2 months and my friends in Costa Rica think that is insane! For that much I am told I can get 6 years of medical school in Costa Rica. Ignorance perpetuates the status quo.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

My sister and I were talking about dating foreign women and she told me she heard stories on the news about American men meeting foreign women only to have their money taken away; she also said they're desperate to come to the US and get a green card. My dad said the same thing. Also, my sister told me I should seek out people my own age rather than college students as college students are definitely superficial as I am set to graduate from college in two months.

I still feel the only place in America to find decent women is El Paso, Texas.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

MattHanson1990 wrote:My sister and I were talking about dating foreign women and she told me she heard stories on the news about American men meeting foreign women only to have their money taken away; she also said they're desperate to come to the US and get a green card. My dad said the same thing. Also, my sister told me I should seek out people my own age rather than college students as college students are definitely superficial as I am set to graduate from college in two months.

I still feel the only place in America to find decent women is El Paso, Texas.
Matt,
Let us homeschool you. This is more than likely the best place for you to acquire a vocational certificate in "Manosphere" Here's the curricula:

Rites of Passage/How To Be A Man
with a double minor in Frugality & Womanizing

with a double minor in Entrepreneurism/Residual Income & Lotharianism (i.e. how to d.ick down as many h'o's as your c.ock can take without "Jim Hats" and when to know if she were a Foreign woman to bring home to your family just for short vacay and send her back to her co untry of origin and get married there ....oops that's Expatriation minor...maybe this should be triple minor?)

with a double minor in Riddance of American Idiosyncrases & Expatriation (Undergrad)
(courses in over 30 languages are available for the Riddance minor)

with a double minor in Riddance of American Idiosyncrases & Expatriation (Graduate Program)
(courses in over 30 languages are available for the Riddance minor)

And this school's called University At Happier Abroad Online Webinars lmao

But seriously, that is not far fro the truth that you would learn there! :-D

Furthemore, when I was in El Paso last year right before the end of 2013, I had gone to Juarez City right across the border in Mexico and came back. But when I was in El Paso, the cops didn't f.uck with me, Mexicans/Hispanics RUN that city coldly, but they were very nice people. Nobody tried to mess with me at the money-exchange place.....Even at the Greyhound, the security cop was laissez-faire passive-as-all-get-out when a crazy guy was creating a disturbance.
rainbanx
Freshman Poster

Post by rainbanx »

Hi Matt,

Even you're own family, friends and coworker can be your worst enemy. Always listen to what is in your heart and soul. You cannot let anyone dictate your happiness, only you can. Happiness comes from within. When I told my family, that I will be heading to Siberia 2017 (Mid of nowhere in Russia), they seem really shock. "Oh, they might kill you, they might eat you alive, they might send you to gulag" "they may take out your organs, blah blah blah". Best decision I ever had was to go, and I was shocked how people in Russia are more hospitable, acceptable and open minded. When I met my girl (now ex) from Siberia, I told her that I gonna stay in a hotel, but she wanted me to stay on her place. (Even meeting her for the 1st time!). In America, people dont do that. Unless if they know you very well. I cannot wait to start new life somewhere where I can have a better social, dating, and sex life.