Were any of you traumatized by high school and carry baggage from it?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Were any of you traumatized by high school and carry baggage from it?

Post by yick »

I think your bad dreams might be down to exercise? I run most nights before bed time and have great sleep, I don't think I have had a bad dream for over 20 years and the last time I did was a case of sleep paralysis - horrible it was, but maybe your bad dreams is down to a lack of aerobic activity which of course clogs up the brain. My school days were crap also but I don't think I have ever had a nightmare about it in my life.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

yick wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 3:23 pm
I think your bad dreams might be down to exercise? I run most nights before bed time and have great sleep, I don't think I have had a bad dream for over 20 years and the last time I did was a case of sleep paralysis - horrible it was, but maybe your bad dreams is down to a lack of aerobic activity which of course clogs up the brain. My school days were crap also but I don't think I have ever had a nightmare about it in my life.
Actually, heavy exercise before going to sleep is detrimental to a good night's sleep. A light jog around the block, as @yick suggests, is probably much better.
AndrewFord
Freshman Poster

Post by AndrewFord »

High school is just traumatizing.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://essaypapers.reviews/
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Winston wrote:
December 17th, 2014, 1:18 pm
Were ... earth.
Winston's so naive.

I would like to explain why algebra and geometry is the most difficult subject for someone like you. Why you would you need to go to Taiwan to finally understand it.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Not high school, but maybe college.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I was traumatized in elementary school. High school was OK since I was able to fit into one of those high-achieving nerdy Asian high schools in Silicon Valley.

In elementary school, I was a shy, innocent kid who was constantly bullied (verbally, physically, socially) and ostracized for being timid and "different." Even today, I still don't have any friends from elementary school. I still feel uneasy when visiting Western elementary schools because all those bad memories would start coming back in.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

What a coincidence. I was talking to @Lucas88 about this yesterday. Our experience through both primary school and High school wasn't very pleasant.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

High school 10-12th grade was the worst period of my life. I wanted to shell my old High School with M777 howitzers(figuratively speaking)
gun down and slit all those cocks*ckers throats for excluding me and not inviting me to all the fun things(figuratively speaking). :x

University was ok, but I was lonely. Played MMORPGs in my dorm room and did a part time job at the library.

Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 22nd, 2023, 1:21 am
What a coincidence. I was talking to @Lucas88 about this yesterday. Our experience through both primary school and High school wasn't very pleasant.
I did indeed despise primary school but I quite liked high school (i.e., UK secondary school).

Primary school was horrible. I felt depressed just being there. Not only were most of the kids awful but also some of the teachers were sadistic assholes who used to bully us. I hated the teachers at that fcukin' shitty school. I remember when the cretin of a headmistress locked me in the library (which nowadays would constitute child abuse), when a coalition of teachers separated us on the playground and forbade any interaction between us, and also that time when two kids were fighting each other and we were merely innocent onlookers yet the fat bitch teacher decided to punish us instead of the actual culprits.

To make matters worse, the school was a Christian school and most of the teachers were religious fanatics who had free rein to ram their retarded religious beliefs down our throats. I hated having to listen to their bullshit Bible sermons in assembly, sing hymns to their Jewish tyrant god, pray to the crucified, and be lectured on their Christard serf values. As a kid with well-above-average intelligence, I intuited that it was all nonsense and consisted of indoctrination and a form of child abuse. Most of those teachers were human garbage (most religious fanatics are). Mr. Hyde was the only decent teacher there who showed us kindness and respect.

High school, on the other hand, was completely different. I immediately made a small circle of new friends, got along much better with the teachers, found the people a lot more interesting, and liked the campus. Moreover, I have so many memories of our fun adventures. I remember us playing manhunt throughout the campus, sneaking into off-limits parts of the school during lunch break, playing wrestling on the playing field with a load of other kids, and our gang fighting with rival gangs. It was all just so fun. I wasn't bullied much in high school either. I started lifting weights and practicing martial arts and so after a certain point very few kids dared to fcuk with me. Becoming strong and knowing how to fight has its advantages.

High school marked a high point of my life. Sixth form college was pretty good too. But primary school was hell (I got very bad vibes from that school on my first day) and university was pretty dull.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Lucas88, your experience sounds very similar to mine!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I moved a lot growing up. My parents moved us near a small town in Kentucky for 2nd and 3rd grade, far from my dad's construction project but as close as they could find. I made a friend on the bus and a kid on the bus hated that guy and I think he turned his friends against me. I felt like I didn't have any friends in the class, and I hated that. The teacher would leave a kids to take names if we talked. One girl put my name on tge board for moving my mouth (breathing). Another one had a power trip and asked the kids to vote to put my name on the board. They voted yes. She did that to other kids, and got busted
If it was just me, maybe she would have gotten away with it.
I had a teacher who wouldn't let my class on the monkey bars.

I went to a middle school for one year where I did not fit in. It seems like I had one person I really talked to at lunch most years in high school, and I went to three of the. I hung out with a group of kids from church throughout most of high school, which were kind of like a second family to me. Two of my girls are close with kids from a church youth group.

There are usually a few popular kids. Probably most kids feel kind of ignored in high school at least sometimes, got teased, felt rejected at times, etc.