Man Takes Selfie at Target

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Inter2002
Freshman Poster

Man Takes Selfie at Target

Post by Inter2002 »

I came across this link http://www.freerangekids.com/man-takes- ... h-threats/

Have you ever had a similar experience where you are accused if being a creep, pedophile, rapist? If so when and where did it take place? How old were you then?

As for me being 28 years old looking like 19ish and living in Texas, I did not get to experience any of that when approached to kids. One time at Golden Corral I was in line and this Hispanic girl who was like 9 told me if I was in line, and I said "no, I'm just waiting". This other time when I walk to the mail this black girl who's like 6 said "hi" to me. Another time this was back in 2003 when I was 17 years old I was in the waiting room with my sister (7 years at that time), and there was this Hispanic mom with her 2 daughters ages 7 &10 were horsing around, the girls played with us and goofed around. Not so long ago I was in Wal-Mart at the express lane where this white grandmother was with the cashier along with her white 2 year old granddaughter. The 2 year old granddaughter walked up to me and said hi. I hesitated and reluctantly said "hi" because I didn't want the grandmother to hear it, and or others to think that I was a creep. The point what I'm trying to say is that non-white parents aren't paranoid, especially non-white kids appear to be less shy and approach more to strangers, then say white kids.

Have any of you had encountered this type of accusation amongst whites in Eastern Europe, South America?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Man Takes Selfie at Target

Post by Jester »

I know what you mean about nonwhites being more open, but here in Mexico you find suspicion about pedos, organ thieves, etc.

Its not strictly about race, in other words. More like the outward fringe of media culture. "Ignorant" people are more likely to be normal, natural, unaffected.

When I was in Armenia in the 1970's, it was normal as a teen to play with a 5 year old, or supervise a three year old. It was just a normal place back then.

And come to think of it, growing up in Armenian California in the early 1960's and White-suburban Athens Georgia in the early 1970's, it was also normal for older teens to entertain, chase and give piggyback rides etc to the younger kids, down to (the tougher) toddlers.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Inter2002
Freshman Poster

Post by Inter2002 »

Jester wrote:
I know what you mean about nonwhites being more open, but here in Mexico you find suspicion about pedos, organ thieves, etc.
Oh really? It seems that Mexicans aren't as paranoid, and hysterical as White Angelo Americans. So are you saying that ALL HISPANICS are paranoid irrational just like White Angelo Americans are?
Its not strictly about race, in other words. More like the outward fringe of media culture. "Ignorant" people are more likely to be normal, natural, unaffected.
What do you mean by that? You mean that Hispanics, Asians, Blacks, can be paranoid as White Angelo Americans when it comes to child predators?
Stag
Freshman Poster

Post by Stag »

Yeah, the so called 'stranger danger' seems prevalent. But, more children are abused by those known to the family circle.
Inter2002
Freshman Poster

Post by Inter2002 »

Stag wrote:Yeah, the so called 'stranger danger' seems prevalent. But, more children are abused by those known to the family circle.
That's very true.At least 76% of the cases involve someone that the child knows. The media is making it seem that this stranger danger has gotten worse of the course of 40 years, when it hasn't. It has been relatively the same.