I Hate Work

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Eric
Experienced Poster

I Hate Work

Post by Eric »

I absolutely hate my work. I love what I do - love the teaching; if I could just get to teach...that'd be different, but it's not. Instead, I have to deal with an environment of vicious prowlers who are all about their own ego, 15 or so of us in an enclosed areas. Everything's tense. I've noticed the Americans, they have the largest but weakest egos...everything has to revolve around them. You cant say anything to them or about them without them being sore about it, they also talk the loudest and most, say the stupidest shit, and generally have the mentality of fools...so that everybody around them has to bear it. I can literally see why people hate/dislike Americans. I put up with it while I was there, but I never liked it; I always knew it was stupid bullshit and a waste of time.

The Ct's (assistants) are all asian and for the most part I get along with them just fine. They are professional, kind and courteous and do their work. Then there's the Europeans, who constantly want to be American - but can't...so they walk around and sit sulking around, trying like begging dogs to be part of the Americans conversations, it's really sad.
Then, you have the women... the mainly North American women are a serious pain in the ass. Always moody, unpredictable, will go off on you in an instant to make a scene - type girl. There are a few of them, I can't stand it and believe they need to be smacked.
It just seems like it is such an awful environment. I realize every work place is probably like this, which is sad.
It's like a bunch of vicious animals all competing for space, time and heirarchy. That's what it seems like, they don't act like humans. The Chinese ones are civilized because they know they have to be.
The longer I'm here the more I read the Bible and am away from America, the more I return to common sense, ethics, and morality. Everybodies so sensitive at work. The Americans are by far the hardest to interact with - because they refuse to get along with anyone; unless you cater to their egos, or join the boys club. They are like Giant Children - who expect the world to conform to them and entitled. They even have the appearance of children...the males look like boys, like they haven't developed - I think that's for a reason. Like children, they act passive aggressive if they see that, you are better than them. Instead of being wise or humble for themselves, they act passive aggressively...not talking to you, making scowling faces, shutting you out; these are adults.
I really can't stand this. It's coercive. They literally leave you a choice of being cliquish, and denigrating your integrity, morals, work ethic and entire sense of individuality and self-hood, just so you won't get attacked; and occasionally get a pat on the back. No one ever excels in these groups, because they are too busy being mediocre together and supporting it - no one strives to pull ahead. The dynamic of suck is so entirely strong I can completely see why everyone gives to it -even the Europeans do and they don't even live in America. It has to be the most powerful negative force on people I can imagine. It splits people into choosing what's right - or just conforming to the click of ignorant fools, so they won't get attacked.
This type of behavior in any civilized society would not be allowed - that's why it's center stage in America - the mess.
America the mess.
Americans have messed up the entire world - even the Europeans in my office are messed up now.

Work exhausts me. I am literally straight up miserable by the time I get out, and it's not from actual work. It's from bullshit politics. I'm thinking about how to deal with this.

I am thinking about pulling an fschmidt - except in a Jewish community or a really intelligent One of some other kind. Or just completely giving up on wisdom and living a fool's life where I'd fit in because I'd do it with a wisdom, if that makes sense.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 27th, 2019, 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Re: I Hate Work

Post by Nomad »

The disciplined Americans you are thinking of was lost in the 1950's. These spoiled things we have now are pretty much going to be America's world leaders in 30 years and the debt is already at 19 trillion.

Do the math.
CB8
Freshman Poster

Post by CB8 »

Wow, I really relate to everything you've just said. Getting along with Americans at work is definitely about assuaging their fragile egos. Most are just mediocre workers who try to talk themselves up as if they're the best workers imaginable.

And yes, the office politics are what make the job harder than it should be. I deal with it by just nodding and agreeing with these egotists about how great they are until they're satisfied and go away. That's usually all they want anyway.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

CB8 wrote:Wow, I really relate to everything you've just said. Getting along with Americans at work is definitely about assuaging their fragile egos. Most are just mediocre workers who try to talk themselves up as if they're the best workers imaginable.

And yes, the office politics are what make the job harder than it should be. I deal with it by just nodding and agreeing with these egotists about how great they are until they're satisfied and go away. That's usually all they want anyway.
I used to work at office jobs and believe me, they are very stressful because of the office politics and having to deal with women.

Having a woman for a boss is difficult. I have heard women tell me they would rather have a man for a boss rather than a woman, because women are too petty and emotional.

Office jobs do suck, you sit in a cubicle all day long, talk on a phone and type information into a computer. How boring is that? :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Post by Nomad »

jamesbond wrote:
CB8 wrote:Wow, I really relate to everything you've just said. Getting along with Americans at work is definitely about assuaging their fragile egos. Most are just mediocre workers who try to talk themselves up as if they're the best workers imaginable.

I used to work at office jobs and believe me, they are very stressful because of the office politics and having to deal with women.

Having a woman for a boss is difficult. I have heard women tell me they would rather have a man for a boss rather than a woman, because women are too petty and emotional.

Office jobs do suck, you sit in a cubicle all day long, talk on a phone and type information into a computer. How boring is that? :roll:
I can testify to your statements. I hated my cubical job and what finally made me quit was when our male manager left and got replaced with a female manager. She was a pain in everyone's ass. Instead of getting fired though for the worst management our department ever seen.. they just "moved" her.

When men mess up with poor performance, they get fired for it. When women mess up, well it would be politically incorrect to fire her, so just move the incompetent woman to another department! GENIUS!!!

I swear I wonder why some of these corps aren't loosing billions in revenue.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

jamesbond wrote:

Where do you work if you don't work in an office?
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

The American work environment is full of more assholes than ever before. Since 2010s I’ve worked with more assholes than ever before. The work environment seems to be one place that people can be rewarded for this aggressive asshole behavior. I see it all the time. Finding nice laid back people to work with is less common than ever. The work is not difficult. What is difficult is dealing with the assholes that make every simple task into a crisis. :twisted:
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

There is one woman in our office who comes in - walks in lazily every day, with a slow pace. She must be about 24 or so but acts like she is 18. She never does any work...but acts like its a monumental task to just move. She's moody, bitchy, hard to talk to; you have to dance around her.
She's so entitled it's unbelievable. She's always talking to our (female) boss, complaining about female problems and sitting moping around and lying down in the office.

I, or other men, would get no such accommodations. She's disgusting to me and I want to smack her, but I can't.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

WorldTraveler wrote:The American work environment is full of more assholes than ever before. Since 2010s I’ve worked with more assholes than ever before. The work environment seems to be one place that people can be rewarded for this aggressive asshole behavior. I see it all the time. Finding nice laid back people to work with is less common than ever. The work is not difficult. What is difficult is dealing with the assholes that make every simple task into a crisis. :twisted:

This. It's a treacherous environment.
adann
Freshman Poster

Post by adann »

Just nod, agree and talk as little as you have to. Short answers work best. Concentrate on what you need to do to get the job done right. Keep contact with coworkers to a minimum. I never participate in office talk. Just be the quiet guy that doesn't talk much. Why let others give you stress and drive you crazy?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I was working in a language school (but not as a teacher) for a while - jeez teachers drive me crazy. They all cried the day of the Brexit result, whereas I actually voted for it lol.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
ezinho
Freshman Poster

Post by ezinho »

All jobs suck, everyone knows this. Welcome to the real world.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwiXRxIIJSo[/youtube]
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Post by w.p.o. »

I love my job. It's the work I hate.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

ezinho wrote:All jobs suck, everyone knows this. Welcome to the real world.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwiXRxIIJSo[/youtube]
Exactly, most people hate their jobs. Welcome to reality. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."