Why do so many men feel ashamed about wanting to meet girls?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Re: Why do so many men feel ashamed about wanting to meet girls?

Post by Mercury »

jamesbond wrote:
August 13th, 2022, 10:20 pm
mattyman wrote:
July 20th, 2017, 5:20 am
I've noticed a pretty disturbing trend, not only are a lot of guys lonely, but they won't admit that they would like company of the opposite sex that's both good company and attractive. It's unacceptable to admit that you're lonely, it's doubly unacceptable to admit that you'd want a woman in your life. It's that I want to get to th bottom of. There's two issues I want to raise in this thread.

I was watching some great Russian folk music on youtube. What caught my eye below one of the videos was a comment asking regarding 'why are so many comments about the women rather than the singing'. I feel inclined to reply 'because a) they're men and because b) they're from an environment where they never get to interact with women like that and c) there's nothing shameful about being open that you find people pretty. It's that, it's that sort of negativity towards men admiring people they find attractive, trying to somehow tell them that it's wrong to be open about the simple fact that you find the performers pretty? The undercurrent of trying to imply that it's misogynistic or objectifying.

Men in Anglo countries are not supposed to admit that they like women who are thin and pretty because to do so would make him sound like a misogynist, it's ridiculous but true.

The fat acceptance movement has become mainstream and tells men that they are misogynists if they like women who are physically fit. It's a sad world we live in when men who desire women who are healthy and in shape are considered misogynists. :shock:
In the USA, men are constantly told that a woman has to be at least 300 pounds or bigger to have a heart and make a good wife. And men in American southern states (Hawaii, Florida, Texas, California, etc) who say that sedentary lifestyles have no excuse in a tropical climate and belong up north are labeled slave masters and traitors. Americans are allergic to the outdoors and expect everyone to remain indoors. Americans are paranoid to where the sound of the wind in the trees sets them into a mad stampede as if fleeing from a nuclear bomb. Americans have worse than what is known as rabbit fear of the outdoors.