Why is western fashion going downhill?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Why is western fashion going downhill?

Post by mattyman »

OK this is something I've wanted to have a rant about for a while. There's one particular fashion trend that I think is awful, people walking around in public as if they've just been to the gym & couldn't be bothered to get changed (only a lot of those people don't look like the types that go to gyms). This trend of sportswear that's taking over in public, it's ghastly & looks trashy in my opinion. You know how sloppily-dressed western people are, this trend is getting WORSE.

How come you RARELY see women in dresses? Even going to bars, I swear the number of women dressed in tight sexy dresses has been declining sharply. I don't know whether it's age. Why can't western women try to emulate the sort of girls you see in Russian lessons?

What do you think of todays female fashion trends? I think western fashion is crap and going downhill.
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Why is western fashion going downhill?

Post by Neo »

Yoga pants and leggins are tight and form fitting. Unfortunately, lots of women have strayed from both modesty and femininity in dress. This is something I also notice. If I see a woman wearing a dress, it is rarely a long summer type dress. And then there are all the girls who love to wear their short shorts and miniskirts.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 9th, 2019, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

Today fashion is GHASTLY!

Mini skirts would be an improvement (a trend I miss). I like bootcut and flared jeans too, especially the tight ones on a woman, OMG, that's so HOT. Shame it's super rare now.

I agree regarding the revolting trend of leggings, straying from both femininity and modesty.

I also don't like the trend of ripped skinny, high-waisted jeans on women (especially if combined with T-shirts, horrid look). Why is it getting so bad? Some might disagree and find what I've described attractive, that's cool. Still, I think most men wish women would dress better.
CB8
Freshman Poster

Post by CB8 »

Modern women probably don't want to wear dresses because they're so blatantly feminine. Nowadays, I see more women dressing like men, wearing baggy sweatpants and hoodies. I honestly mistake a lot of them for men until I see them up close. Wearing a dress is probably degrading to the modern American woman, who is trying to be as masculine as men.

Regarding the topic question, western fashion is going downhill because most Americans are ugly anyway, and I'm sure most Americans are aware of it. Most are overweight/obese. Most don't care to dress up, which is why you'll see people walking around in their pajama bottoms. So, when people look at the ugly slobs around them, most are going to think "why bother dressing up just to attract some slob?"
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

What in the West isn't going downhill?
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Western civilization is in decline, but it had such a tremendous head start over the rest of the world that it will be awhile yet before somewhere else starts looking more attractive.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

Western civilization is in decline, but it had such a tremendous head start over the rest of the world that it will be awhile yet before somewhere else starts looking more attractive.
There are many places still attractive. Let's make the discussion about halting that decline.

On oe note of music, Tourdion; quand je bois le vin claret... (ce chanson/song on my mind, I played in the pub).

On the other note of music (for this discussion), look up Μalou or Μαλου, AMAZING! A Brazilian Greek, the music is better than a lot of western (anglo-american) nonsense. On the visuals, why I'm saying, what fashion SHOULD be.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just saw a woman at a grocery store yesterday wearing a pajama top and sweat pants! She looked like she weighed about 250 lbs! The fashion trends that women in America have are disgusting! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Ruamtow
Freshman Poster

Post by Ruamtow »

Indeed fashion becomes crazy nowadays.
Berg
Freshman Poster

Post by Berg »

To maintain the tiny waist needed to look good in most styles, women wore girdles. A girdle could fit slightly above the waist or just to the waistline. Some girdles extended down to the thigh. Girdles were worn with dresses, skirts, and pants to create a smooth, slim look.
Jonnyblond
Freshman Poster

Post by Jonnyblond »

It’s all about women being comfortable these days. Not to long ago. Women used to freak out if another girl wore something somewhat similar. But it seems like every chick these days wear the same yoga pants and tank top and in shape or not. It’s just such a lazy style and truly unattractive. I thought what happened to women over here. Did they just get uglier or did we always have pretty average looking women. But my eyes truly woke up when I went overseas and got a taste of how women dress to kill over there and my god I was a huge fan after that. Of course when women put very little effort into how they dress these days because after you’ve been with a girl for quite a while. Why get into a battle and tell her the truth that she pretty much looks like a hobo. Most men lie and say..I love a woman that a dresses down and doesn’t care about her appearance. Same thing when women try things that men do and guys go wild and think..wow..I need a woman that goes hunting, fishing and scratches her crotch just like us because that is what makes her cool being one of the boys. It’s usually all a front thought. But yes..I’m glad I have a woman that jeans or yoga pants are a very very last resort to wear ever. But I’ve made it clear that it’s not attractive. If my chick came a certain way. Stay that way. The best way for a girl from overseas not to get assimilated by our trash is when she has no interest in making friends over here.