I hate Oahu with a passion

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
cheesesweat
Freshman Poster

I hate Oahu with a passion

Post by cheesesweat »

I HATE the island of Oahu with a passion. I hope a tidal wave drowns this disgusting shithole one day. I freaking loathe this place.

Now, I had a chance to go to Kauai for a few days, and surprisingly it felt a LITTLE better being there than being on Oahu. It surprised me because I wasn’t expecting to feel any different. But it was more relaxed. It’s mostly white, so is more racially homogenous. And although it was only slight, there did seem to be a bit more of a connection to strangers, slightly less of a standoffish vibe. I think that people were more relaxed around others in public. I seemed to feel that way also.

Spiritually the vibe was better. Took me a couple days to really notice it, but my mood after the third day was definitely improved. When I came back to Oahu my mood went to SHIT in a day.

Interesting because Maui feels probably even more empty than Oahu does and even more of a social dead zone. Maui is also not very racially diverse either(mostly whites and then Hawaiians) I don’t know why Kauai feels better. Whatever the reason is, that slight bit of improvement went a long way. It was absolutely nothing in comparison to Korea or Japan for me, but a slight improvement can go a long way.

There are a lot of reasons in my opinion why Oahu is such a shit pit. One reason is that this place is way too diverse racially. There are just too many different races of people here. The different races of Polynesians aren’t all buds with each other. The different races of Asians aren’t all buds with each other. Many of these different races do their own thing, have their own language and their own culture. The whites that live here fit pretty much all of the negative descriptions that Winston lays out about Americans. So oftentimes relationships end up being business related and people just tolerate each other. I’d have to write a lot more to lay out all of the social, racial problems here; but to sum it up it’s just plain and simply bad.

The place is a stroooong dummycrat state as well. The government is a corrupt, inept worthless pile of crap. Almost anyone here will admit that. Lots of drugs, petty crimes, homelessness, and low income wage slaves. Tons of buildings and infrastructure are decrepit, partially because of the weather and sloppy, half ass, poorly planned work. Traffic is terrible and gets worse every day. Going shopping at some of the popular shopping centers means dodging people pretty much constantly to get to where you need to go. I could write a book about this place and try to go in depth on the racial, societal, and cultural problems here, but to some it all up, as of 2020 it freaking SUCKS here.

If I was single I would have been gone years ago. I’d be traveling the world maybe, backpacking through Europe or something like that. But I’m married, have a good paying job and must provide stability for my family. If I can ever find a way to get out of this garbage dump of an island and culturally, societally and economically rotting country I’d leave in a heartbeat. I can not wait for my next vacation.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I hate Oahu with a passion

Post by MrMan »

cheesesweat wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 5:08 pm
I HATE the island of Oahu with a passion. I hope a tidal wave drowns this disgusting shithole one day. I freaking loathe this place.

Now, I had a chance to go to Kauai for a few days, and surprisingly it felt a LITTLE better being there than being on Oahu. It surprised me because I wasn’t expecting to feel any different. But it was more relaxed. It’s mostly white, so is more racially homogenous. And although it was only slight, there did seem to be a bit more of a connection to strangers, slightly less of a standoffish vibe. I think that people were more relaxed around others in public. I seemed to feel that way also.

Spiritually the vibe was better. Took me a couple days to really notice it, but my mood after the third day was definitely improved. When I came back to Oahu my mood went to SHIT in a day.

Interesting because Maui feels probably even more empty than Oahu does and even more of a social dead zone. Maui is also not very racially diverse either(mostly whites and then Hawaiians) I don’t know why Kauai feels better. Whatever the reason is, that slight bit of improvement went a long way. It was absolutely nothing in comparison to Korea or Japan for me, but a slight improvement can go a long way.

There are a lot of reasons in my opinion why Oahu is such a shit pit. One reason is that this place is way too diverse racially. There are just too many different races of people here. The different races of Polynesians aren’t all buds with each other. The different races of Asians aren’t all buds with each other. Many of these different races do their own thing, have their own language and their own culture. The whites that live here fit pretty much all of the negative descriptions that Winston lays out about Americans. So oftentimes relationships end up being business related and people just tolerate each other. I’d have to write a lot more to lay out all of the social, racial problems here; but to sum it up it’s just plain and simply bad.

The place is a stroooong dummycrat state as well. The government is a corrupt, inept worthless pile of crap. Almost anyone here will admit that. Lots of drugs, petty crimes, homelessness, and low income wage slaves. Tons of buildings and infrastructure are decrepit, partially because of the weather and sloppy, half ass, poorly planned work. Traffic is terrible and gets worse every day. Going shopping at some of the popular shopping centers means dodging people pretty much constantly to get to where you need to go. I could write a book about this place and try to go in depth on the racial, societal, and cultural problems here, but to some it all up, as of 2020 it freaking SUCKS here.

If I was single I would have been gone years ago. I’d be traveling the world maybe, backpacking through Europe or something like that. But I’m married, have a good paying job and must provide stability for my family. If I can ever find a way to get out of this garbage dump of an island and culturally, societally and economically rotting country I’d leave in a heartbeat. I can not wait for my next vacation.
I have spent quite a bit of time there. I'm not nearly as negative about the place as you are. Are you white by any chances? There are some locals there who don't like whites, but I got along even with the promonarchy activists I met, there.

I kind of liked the diversity if for nothing else than the food. There are a lot of great Phoa places to eat, and Phuket Thai had good food and it was pretty cheap. There's Korean food and plenty of Japanese food. I also got to know a lot of 'local people', some Japanese, Filippinos, Micronesians, etc.

The place is crazy Democrat, though a lot of people I knew there were Republicans. I found myself a the convention before an election, and it turns out there were a lot of familiar faces. I heard Cleveland, OH figured out it was cheaper to fly the homeless to Hawaii than to provide social services for them, so they sent them out there. I was waiting for Oahu to figure out that it was cheaper to ship them back to Cleveland in early summer when it might be a bit more appealing to them. Or they could just let them choose a destination on the mainland to decrease the chance of their being shipped back. The Micronesians have a legal right to go the US as part of the deal for nuking on of their islands with our tests. One of them told me the way really poor Micronesians could wait around at the airport for a really long time to fly standby really cheap to get there. Many of the Micronesians would set up in tents on the sidewalk in certain areas until they got situated. Several years ago, Hawaii got a judge to rule that the US government had to cough up money for the social services for them instead of taking it out of Hawaii's budget.

If you actually managed to get a decent job on Oahu, that's a really good thing. Is it a career where you could find more opportunities on the mainland? If you have a decent job, then you can buy tickets to somewhere else. I saw that a lot of local people there who did not graduate college or have a trade worked two or three jobs and had to run around and pick up their kids after school (in the city where there are no school buses), and the wages were low. Apartments are high. They call it the cost of living in paradise. You can live in a cramped apartment, but go down to the beach. Even in town, Ala Moana beach park is spectacular, with the ocean, the little harbor there, the banyan trees, and all the rainbows in the distance if you get there before sunset. It is much better than Waikiki. The homeless did stink up the banyan trees. It's close to the Ala Wai if a sewage pipe breaks, one of those infrastructure problems on the island.

How is that train coming along? Financially, it didn't make any sense at all.

As far as the traffic goes, sure it can get jammed up there. But it's nothing compared to some of the large Asian cities. I avoided most traffic in my daily routine and didn't go out on the H-1 much if ever during rush hour.

I still like the place. I'm not crazy about it, though. My wife has asked me several times if I wanted to retire there. In my experience, though, it's a nicer place to visit than to live. I though Waikiki beaches, as nice as they are, pale in comparison to many of the other places around there, so if I went back for a vacation, I'd probably prefer something around Kalianda or even one of those hotels behind the mall there in Ala Moana or at the edge of Waikiki near the Ala Wai canal.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

@CheezeRaider Sounds like the traffic and the daily grind is getting to you, maybe you could live on a ranch in the future. I know what you're going through we make our lives worse by not being honest with our feelings and putting ourselves into positions where we have to put up with people and places we don't like. We tell ourselves it's only temporary but it's just not worth it in the end.

Now answer me these questions please. How do the beach towns that you've been to in America or elsewhere compare to Hawaii? Both in the quality of beach and the way people are. When you live in a tropical place with natural beauty all around you how long does it take for you to not notice the flora and fauna anymore and take it for granted and feel like you might as well be in New York? Is there a honeymoon period to living there? Does it come back once you are away for a while or is it only the first time? Do you feel like you get any benefits from living in Hawaii like the fresh air helping you live longer or are they all negatives? And if there are positives are you conscious of them daily or are they something you only realize once you leave and live somewhere with bad weather?
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

cheesesweat wrote:
I'm your huckleberry. I've got less than one week on this island before it's off to try living in Vietnam; I liked that country the best out of the ones I've seen in southeast Asia.

I might return to Oahu at a later date. Don't hate it here. It's just expensive.
cheesesweat
Freshman Poster

Post by cheesesweat »

@HappyGuy
@CheezeRaider Sounds like the traffic and the daily grind is getting to you, maybe you could live on a ranch in the future. I know what you're going through we make our lives worse by not being honest with our feelings and putting ourselves into positions where we have to put up with people and places we don't like. We tell ourselves it's only temporary but it's just not worth it in the end.

Now answer me these questions please. How do the beach towns that you've been to in America or elsewhere compare to Hawaii? Both in the quality of the beach and the way people are.

The beaches in Hawaii, especially Oahu are rated the best in the world; and they are indeed nice. I don’t care much for beach activities to be honest though. I do enjoy a good beach bar b que though. People really don’t bother you and mind their own business, same for people on the beach. Basically everyone has their own group or family and you generally don’t interact with others.

When you live in a tropical place with natural beauty all around you how long does it take for you to not notice the flora and fauna anymore and take it for granted and feel like you might as well be in New York?

I do take it for granted sometimes because I lived in Indiana for a short time and the weather/nature made it the pits. Flat, cold, overcast, very plain trees and shrubs. Hawaii is definitely more beautiful. I remind myself of this, but downtown Honolulu is pretty ugly now to be honest, not that it’s hard to drive away and see the natural beauty.

Is there a honeymoon period to living there?

Some people love this place and stay in love their whole life. Some people hate it within a couple weeks. Some have mixed feelings. I would say that almost every body is tired of the traffic and high cost of living though and probably the homelessness and drug problem.

Does it come back once you are away for a while or is it only the first time?

I’ve never missed Hawaii being away. The only thing I missed was being warm when I happened to be freezing my butt off in certain places.

Do you feel like you get any benefits from living in Hawaii like the fresh air helping you live longer or are they all negatives? And if there are positives are you conscious of them daily or are they something you only realize once you leave and live somewhere with bad weather?

I would say that the positives are generally good weather besides summer being pretty hot and humid. It’s rare to encounter mega Assholes here. The assholes usually need to be provoked before throwing a fit. Coworkers can be pricks though. There are a lot of jobs here. Compared to many places on the mainland there are waaaay more jobs. Lots of construction jobs, decent amount of government jobs, lots of service related business opportunity here as well. For example if you were to start a cleaning company of some kind and were willing to work hard you could kick butt here. There are tons of different restaurants, especially Asian which I like. But there’s all kind of American, Italian, even some decent Mexican restaurants as well. People are mellow. I find many to be complete simpletons, but I think that’s better than an typical uptight asshole from Boston or something. There are lots of outdoor activities obviously. It is generally a lot more pedestrian/bicycle friendly than many other places on the mainland.

I wasn’t planning on doing another write up, but since I’ve already typed up this much I’ll say some more.

Another issue I have(and I do not blame Hawaii for this one) is that I don’t do well with tropical plants. For some reason the pollens and molds that are all over the air wears my body down. I have a strong intolerance to the pollens and molds of all these jungle plants. It makes me feel crappy pretty much 24/7. When I go to drier climates such as California, Arizona I feel much better physically. I do think that the plant stuff in the air effects everyone here to a degree. For some it may actually make them feel better, for some I think it just makes their body more relaxed and others I think that it bogs their system down more. I’m just a lot more sensitive than the average person. Doing intense excercise and sweating a lot helps me to tolerate it better.

My main issue is the way I feel spiritually here. In my opinion this is because Hawaii has gotten a lot more corrupt over the years. There is a massive drug problem here. Hawaii is not a place of serial killers, serial rapists and hardcore gangsters, it’s a place where the moderate low lives love to chill, the kind of people that wouldn’t kill you but they’d wait for you to leave so they can steal tools out of your garage to support their drug habit, then go home and smoke a bowl with their kids nearby and perhaps smack their food stamp queen wife around a bit in the evening. I’m not exaggerating. I would say this is a characterization of a significant amount of the Polynesian population, especially with the drug issue. Drugs drugs drugs. Lots of shoplifting, lots of thievery, burglaries, drug dealing, welfare mooching and ignorance. Are they all like this? Of course not, but there is no beating around the bush anymore; a lot of them do this kind of stuff, and they’re freaking low lives because of it.

What can I say about the Asians here? The Hawaii born Asians here can be really dull and simple. For example a local Japanese person living in Wahiawa for example is not at all going to be like a person from mainland japan. Hard workers? Yes. Safe neighborhoods well enough maintained. Yes But you will find many extremely dull and boring, with Hawaii and its “local” culture as their whole world. Now, I will say that because of their hard work and intelligence they do keep a lot of things running around here. But if you’re a red pilled person person that has seen some of the world and likes an intellectually stimulating conversation at least once in a while you can forget it.

I think also being a white person, especially where I live you’ll feel like a fish out of water. Can you work, practice your hobbies, get what you need and have a shallow/friendly chit chat with all types of different races of people? Sure. But this only goes so far. You’re white and you’re not part of their racial tribe. You will only be accepted so far in the group. You will not on an intellectual, emotional or social level have a deep connection with the general local Polynesian/Asian population.

For example at the gym there are many Hawaiians(mixed race Hawaiians almost none are 100% anymore). You’re not gonna want to just have a chit chat with them and try to work your way into their social circle. They probably don’t like you. And if they don’t have an issue with your race they still would prefer that you don’t enter their family/social circle. You go to the gym. Mind your own business and Gtfo.

That’s the thing really. You can go about your business just fine, but people generally don’t want you in their racial group. And the funny thing is that even if you can work your way into being friends with them you won’t have much of a connection anyway, in my opinion. I’ve stayed, hung out with some Hawaiians at their house, and we just operate on a different wavelength. Now if your were to get drunk and enjoy a good football game with them and have a bar b que then sure you’ll probably have a decent time.

But here on happierabroad a big part of Winston’s complain about America is the shallowness, blue pilled sheeple mentality have. Hawaii is probably one of the worst places in the country for that. So if you agree with Winston on having conversations deeper than the weather, food and sports you’re gonna be disappointed 99% of he time.

People here are strong dummycrats. You can forget about a political talk with the overwhelming percentage of the population here if you are a conservative.

Back to the racism thing. There is an anti white sentiment in the air in combination with a rudeness and dullness. Many people are not friendly anymore, except for business.

It’s really hard to sum up why it’s so crappy here because people, societies, race cultures are complex. But to sum up why I freaking hate here,Generally, OF COURSE not all is...

The low lives typically of Polynesian and mixed Asian/Polynesian decent. There are of course white low lives and drug addicts as well. The traffic is terrible and there is an overcrowdedness. You are basically dodging people at Walmart, Costco, Don Quixote etc.. The willful ignorance and stupidity and ignorance of the local population. Yes, I do mean willful. You want a conversation similar to what Winston wu’s articles talk about? FORGET IT. Local elitism. There is an attitude, arrogance from many locals here that their culture is superior and badass or something. I have no idea why, lol. People are generally not friendly anymore. It is superficial. If they are friendly it is usually business related. For whites, you basically just conduct business, forget about connection with others. You can definitely be on good terms and even be friends with some locals, but in my opinion that is freaking boring at best anyway.

The spiritual atmosphere is empty, dead and dark. The city and many neighborhoods are very ugly, depressingly ugly. At least in Japan the buildings are neat and well kept although extremely bland in many cases. It is super expensive here. Forget about buying a house unless you’re rich. And any pocket of the island that is decent is getting bought out by people from the mainland and Asia predominately. The vibe is super dull and boring. It’s so dull, empty and ugly in downtown Honolulu that it soul draining.

The white people on Oahu are oftentimes grumps and bland as well. I’d say it’s pretty much everything Winston hates. But he would have to come here and see for himself.

Now I went to Kauai, and that was much better. Last time I said it was slightly better, but it’s actually much better. My guess is that Kauai is 80% white and 20% Hawaiian. People were genuinely friendlier. Strangers were more friendly. There was mildly positive spiritual vibe. It’s more relaxing. It’s more beautiful because of the lack of overdevelopment. And for me it was nice being in a majority and talking with friendly white people. I felt appreciated, felt connection and had some good conversations with some of the people there. Felt accepted racially. It was very refreshing. And the “locals” on Oahu claim to have all the Aloha. Hahahahaha... Aloha MY ASS.

Since Kauai was clearly better. That makes me realize that there are places in the United States that are obviously spiritually, socially better off. That leads me to my next conclusion. Perhaps I will scope out some places on the mainland and find a town or city that is much better than this island shithole. This place SUCKS.

I’m gonna post some YouTube links about some of the racism in Hawaii. Keep in mind things have definitely improved, but in many cases the hate is there just more subtle.

This is BigDawsTV is a very funny YouTube prankster. Look at how this probably Hawaiian/Asian mixed bitch reacts to his prank. Granted I’d be kinda annoyed too, but she was a real bitch. Guaranteed there was white hate in there as well.
https://youtu.be/Mx59jx3sNPo

Now look how the people on the mainland react.
https://youtu.be/rmQCV_m1z9s

This guy is being very nice about what he actually experienced. I can guarantee you that.
https://youtu.be/JewvDfYBGeQ

“Local” mutt gets pissed at white people for being called out on beating a dog.
https://youtu.be/zG0YEI8aIm8

Hawaiian racial mutt goes racist on driving instructor.
https://youtu.be/YKdqHFo2Xlc
cheesesweat
Freshman Poster

Post by cheesesweat »

@flowerthief00 I’ve heard good things about Vietnam. Hawaii is way too expensive to live unless you plan on renting a crappy apartment your entire life. Hope things go well for you in Vietnam. I would like to visit that country myself one day.
cheesesweat
Freshman Poster

Post by cheesesweat »

MrMan wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 8:38 am
cheesesweat wrote:

I have spent quite a bit of time there. I'm not nearly as negative about the place as you are. Are you white by any chances? There are some locals there who don't like whites, but I got along even with the promonarchy activists I met, there.

I kind of liked the diversity if for nothing else than the food. There are a lot of great Phoa places to eat, and Phuket Thai had good food and it was pretty cheap. There's Korean food and plenty of Japanese food. I also got to know a lot of 'local people', some Japanese, Filippinos, Micronesians, etc.

The place is crazy Democrat, though a lot of people I knew there were Republicans. I found myself a the convention before an election, and it turns out there were a lot of familiar faces. I heard Cleveland, OH figured out it was cheaper to fly the homeless to Hawaii than to provide social services for them, so they sent them out there. I was waiting for Oahu to figure out that it was cheaper to ship them back to Cleveland in early summer when it might be a bit more appealing to them. Or they could just let them choose a destination on the mainland to decrease the chance of their being shipped back. The Micronesians have a legal right to go the US as part of the deal for nuking on of their islands with our tests. One of them told me the way really poor Micronesians could wait around at the airport for a really long time to fly standby really cheap to get there. Many of the Micronesians would set up in tents on the sidewalk in certain areas until they got situated. Several years ago, Hawaii got a judge to rule that the US government had to cough up money for the social services for them instead of taking it out of Hawaii's budget.

If you actually managed to get a decent job on Oahu, that's a really good thing. Is it a career where you could find more opportunities on the mainland? If you have a decent job, then you can buy tickets to somewhere else. I saw that a lot of local people there who did not graduate college or have a trade worked two or three jobs and had to run around and pick up their kids after school (in the city where there are no school buses), and the wages were low. Apartments are high. They call it the cost of living in paradise. You can live in a cramped apartment, but go down to the beach. Even in town, Ala Moana beach park is spectacular, with the ocean, the little harbor there, the banyan trees, and all the rainbows in the distance if you get there before sunset. It is much better than Waikiki. The homeless did stink up the banyan trees. It's close to the Ala Wai if a sewage pipe breaks, one of those infrastructure problems on the island.

How is that train coming along? Financially, it didn't make any sense at all.

As far as the traffic goes, sure it can get jammed up there. But it's nothing compared to some of the large Asian cities. I avoided most traffic in my daily routine and didn't go out on the H-1 much if ever during rush hour.

I still like the place. I'm not crazy about it, though. My wife has asked me several times if I wanted to retire there. In my experience, though, it's a nicer place to visit than to live. I though Waikiki beaches, as nice as they are, pale in comparison to many of the other places around there, so if I went back for a vacation, I'd probably prefer something around Kalianda or even one of those hotels behind the mall there in Ala Moana or at the edge of Waikiki near the Ala Wai canal.
For several years my attitude about this place was closer to yours. But after living here most of my life I’ve had enough of the BS here. It is absolutely ridiculous that a total piece of crap house can cost a million dollars because it’s in a semi decent area. And the way things are going it probably wouldn’t even worth with the ever increasing traffic. I definitely do not think it is the worst place in the world, but it still sucks in my opinion. I don’t really see anyway out at the moment. So I’m just dealing with it for now. I have a good construction job that pays the bills. Like you I also enjoy the multitude of restaurants, Ala Moana, certain parks, and hikes, but it’s not enough anymore.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

cheesesweat wrote:
January 25th, 2020, 11:19 pm

For several years my attitude about this place was closer to yours. But after living here most of my life I’ve had enough of the BS here. It is absolutely ridiculous that a total piece of crap house can cost a million dollars because it’s in a semi decent area. And the way things are going it probably wouldn’t even worth with the ever increasing traffic. I definitely do not think it is the worst place in the world, but it still sucks in my opinion. I don’t really see anyway out at the moment. So I’m just dealing with it for now. I have a good construction job that pays the bills. Like you I also enjoy the multitude of restaurants, Ala Moana, certain parks, and hikes, but it’s not enough anymore.

I don't really want to live there either. I don't hate it, though. It is a nice place to visit. I could really enjoy it, even though I lived there, so it feels a little less special and new. It's beautiful, especially after living in a drab Asian city like I did just before the first time I lived there. I went back to the mainland and saw my parents after that. My mom said I talked more about my few days in Hawaii than the year in Korea.

My wife occasionally mentions the idea of retiring there. It does not appeal to me that much. If the kids lived there, maybe, after our parents were gone. But you have to fly so far to go anywhere...but Hawaii.
cheesesweat
Freshman Poster

Post by cheesesweat »

@MrMan
The negative aspects are what Winston describes in his articles about America society, social life, and mentality. As much as this place prides itself on being different than the mainland I find that people here are basically work oriented sheeple who are also extremely dull. So they’re not THAT different.

For people that like Asian food, services and products there are quite a few different places here to try. This is probably one of the few places with with lots of Japanese. Recently, I’ve been been trying more Japanese restaurants, and there are some great places. There’s plenty of shopping centers and services here as well. I use Yelp all the time and find some pretty great businesses to get things done here. I like the Japanese run Cosmo Yajima station to get my car washed and Waxed while I enjoy their nice waiting room. I found an absolutely fantastic little bento shop here as well. So there are some cool things here and you can certainly find some entertainment by trying different things.

But just to reiterate what I said before. I find this place spiritually depressing and empty. I find the society here extremely dull, boring and also corrupt. I think that I like to try many of these different restaurants, services and shops because I’m just miserable and it passes the time. I find myself thinking so many negative thoughts here, but when I leave most of those negative thoughts go away.

Like I said, some people love it. Some people hate it. Some people have mixed feelings. I think the downsides here are just far too many, even for those that basically enjoy it here. It’s simply too expensive and too overcrowded.

In the news recently there was a new pavilion or something installed at Waimea bay I think, a popular surfing spot. Several paintings of famous lifeguards and surfers were on the posts of the pavilion. They recently were vandalized with graffiti. One those guys is pretty famous for putting his life on the line to save people in the oftentimes dangerous surf. He eventually died one day trying to save someone, Eddie Aikau I believe. Anyway, it got vandalized with graffiti, and people were surprised. I was thinking, “No shit it got vandalized.” It’s Hawaii 2020. People will vandalize and steal anything. And most of it the theft is probably drug related.

I was driving through Kalihi this morning. It’s pretty pitiful how run down that place is. The roads are just littered with bumps and potholes, and the road work never ends. The sewage system is totally outdated, so they’re always digging up the road to fix that up. The buildings and houses are super drab and dull, sometimes falling apart. Ghetto neighborhoods with section 8 housing and dope. It is what is is.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

cheesesweat wrote:
January 25th, 2020, 10:59 pm
@flowerthief00 I’ve heard good things about Vietnam. Hawaii is way too expensive to live unless you plan on renting a crappy apartment your entire life. Hope things go well for you in Vietnam. I would like to visit that country myself one day.
Thanks. I'm having a great time so far, paying 20-25% of what I was paying for rent in Waikiki for an arguably nicer place with bi-weekly cleaning services included. An extra $50/month to have breakfast made for me and laundry done for me every day. And the food is AMAZING.

If you think Oahu is dirty, tho, you may not like Vietnam. Really, Oahu is quite clean all things considered. You may have to see southeast Asia for yourself to grok how ghetto these cities can be. (doesn't bother me tho)
cheesesweat
Freshman Poster

Post by cheesesweat »

flowerthief00 wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 6:11 am
cheesesweat wrote:
January 25th, 2020, 10:59 pm
Thanks. I'm having a great time so far, paying 20-25% of what I was paying for rent in Waikiki for an arguably nicer place with bi-weekly cleaning services included. An extra $50/month to have breakfast made for me and laundry done for me every day. And the food is AMAZING.

If you think Oahu is dirty, tho, you may not like Vietnam. Really, Oahu is quite clean all things considered. You may have to see southeast Asia for yourself to grok how ghetto these cities can be. (doesn't bother me tho)
I’m jealous. I still hate it here. I personally love clean countries. That’s one thing that I REALLY liked about Japan. Even the nooks and crannies of that country were clean. But if a place has a lot of other things going for it I could deal with some dirtiness. I really hope things work out for you. I believe you about the food. Food in Hawaii is pretty crap, especially since lots of it is shipped over from the mainland. Every Asian country I’ve been to so far had much better food. I’m pissed that I’m still stuck here. Live your life well, man.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

@flowerthief00
If you think Oahu is dirty, tho, you may not like Vietnam.
You don't know what you're talking about. I've been living in Vietnam on and off for the last 3 years. I did a bike trip along the coastline of Vietnam, been to many cities and towns.

Top 3 Places in Vietnam (in order):

#1) Nha Trang
#2) Da Nang
#3) Con Dao Island

Those places in high season when it's sunny and warm every day are paradises. And they are clean. Vietnamese people are VERY friendly and kind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

You know I was talking about the cities. The cities are certified dumps. Litter everywhere you look, practically unusable sidewalks, rats the size of small automobiles....

Vietnam has nice beaches and nature, but so does Oahu.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I've been to Oahu before. There's a lot of racial mixing in Hawaii, so I'm surprised you said that all the ethnic groups don't like each other that much.

Food is also expensive. The Rainbow Drive-through offered the cheapest filling meals that I could find.

Expensive housing and homelessness are big problems on Oahu. Not that different from NYC or urban California.