I guess Winston is right! The social desert IS nationwide!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
traveller
Junior Poster

I guess Winston is right! The social desert IS nationwide!

Post by traveller »

Things are looking very bad in Southwest Florida. I moved here from Chicago to make friends and find a girlfriend, but every single single woman I meet, barely a quarter of a year later, they are off with a new man, like she wants to live in Los Angeles or San Francisco. True, I made a few mistakes and did some things I shouldn't have, but the people here are very unforgiving. People are blocking me left and right, people are backstabbing me, people whom I thought were friends, they are making like I committed capital treason, now I am alone again, just like I was in Chicago. It's like they are two-faced. It's like "southern hospitality" is actually a facade.

And being developmentally disabled and unable to handle a full-time job, I really don't think any other country would ever let me in. I certainly ain't moving to icy, frozen Canada. Far too cold for my taste. I would never be able to handle snow in July and -70s in December, January, and February. I like palm trees, especially Royal palms and Coconut palms. And second and third world countries, as far as I know it, they don't have Medicare, Medicaid, Section-8 subsidized housing or anything similar, or Social Security Disability. And immigration laws in other countries are very tough. Also, I have a collection of antiques that I really wouldn't want to let go of (until I am at least 70 years old or older), and in order to move to Southeast Asia, Europe, aka the Old World, I would need a cargo ship or cargo plane to transport my stuff there.
Last edited by traveller on October 5th, 2020, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: I guess Winston is right! The social desert IS nationwide!

Post by kangarunner »

People in Florida and pretty much everywhere in the US except for a few states have a "hit and run" mindset, everyone is racing around only looking out for themselves and they have a "get mine and f**k everyone else" mindset. You gotta get outta there man. SE Asia, Thailand, Vietnam, great life out here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

traveller wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 8:14 pm
Things are looking very bad in Southwest Florida. I moved here from Chicago to make friends and find a girlfriend, but every single single woman I meet, barely a quarter of a year later, they are off with a new man, like she wants to live in Los Angeles or San Francisco. True, I made a few mistakes and did some things I shouldn't have, but the people here are very unforgiving. People are blocking me left and right, people are backstabbing me, people whom I thought were friends, they are making like I committed capital treason, now I am alone again, just like I was in Chicago. It's like they are two-faced. It's like "southern hospitality" is actually a facade.

And being developmentally disabled and unable to handle a full-time job, I really don't think any other country would ever let me in. I certainly ain't moving to icy, frozen Canada. Far too cold for my taste. I would never be able to handle snow in July and -70s in December, January, and February. I like palm trees, especially Royal palms and Coconut palms. And second and third world countries, as far as I know it, they don't have Medicare, Medicaid, Section-8 subsidized housing or anything similar, or Social Security Disability. And immigration laws in other countries are very tough. Also, I have a collection of antiques that I really wouldn't want to let go of (until I am at least 70 years old or older), and in order to move to Southeast Asia, Europe, aka the Old World, I would need a cargo ship or cargo plane to transport my stuff there.
That's what all of us have been trying to tell you! No matter which of the 50 states you go to, Americans are the same nationwide. No part of the country is any better than Chicago. Illinois and Florida = Two states of the same country! Two states. Same country, same toxic culture, same laws as enforced by the FBI and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security!

And indeed, it's practically impossible being disabled, unemployed, and knowing you can't leave the country without losing your benefits or having your new citizenship and green card rejected by the country you are trying to move to due to your unemployment. Just like third class passengers on the Titanic being locked below decks, condemned to go down with the ship, and also like third class male passengers getting shot and killed by armed crew members guarding the lifeboats.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

traveller wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 8:14 pm
Hmmm... how awful, have you ever thought about, moving abroad? :lol:
And being developmentally disabled and unable to handle a full-time job,
Que? :?
I really don't think any other country would ever let me in. I certainly ain't moving to icy, frozen Canada. Far too cold for my taste. I would never be able to handle snow in July and -70s in December, January, and February. I like palm trees, especially Royal palms and Coconut palms. And second and third world countries, as far as I know it, they don't have Medicare, Medicaid, Section-8 subsidized housing or anything similar, or Social Security Disability. And immigration laws in other countries are very tough. Also, I have a collection of antiques that I really wouldn't want to let go of (until I am at least 70 years old or older), and in order to move to Southeast Asia, Europe, aka the Old World, I would need a cargo ship or cargo plane to transport my stuff there.
You have all your excuses in place just to stay right where you are and be miserable.

This site is called 'Happier Abroad' not 'Miserable in America and I am going to do f**k all to change my situation'

Here, have one of these :roll: you need a backbone, a set of guts and a pair of testicles from somewhere, see if you can get them in exchange for your collection of antiques :lol: