Facebook is a toxic shithole

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Facebook is a toxic shithole

Post by mattyman »

How come everything is one-sided?

I like the 'post' function, because it says 'what's on your mind'. I assert what I'm feeling at the time. Never criticising other people, the worst is gripes at the world at large. I also reply on other people's posts, but no-one does on mine (I thought that was the rationale for what these platforms were set-up for). I make well-thought out posts that until recently, got ignored. When things like this happen, it's easy to conclude.. they don't like me. They hate he.

Worse, I reply to people's PM's and I rarely hear anything back.

Now, the BIG WEAKNESS of Facebook is that it doesn't offer a PM function (email-like or the PM you'd get on forums like this one and the many others), it only offers IM.

Either posts with comments conversation or IM.

The other thing is that it can MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE SHITE. People only posting the good bits about their life (yeah I know it's supposed to be an inspiration, a way for other people to show-off). This part can make you feel like shite. Not a source of conversation, just a way for the poster to say 'hey, my life is so much better than yours'. This is well-documented in mental-health circles (this is probably what's wrecking western women too). This dynamic is fuelling an anorexia epidemic, a depression epidemic, an acoholism epidemic & god-know-what-ism epidemics.

Facebook is shite as a way to contact ppl. Yes it's an alternative to texting or calling. That's partly what it was meant to be, but with the forum aspect to it. I prefer the f***ing phone or email.

Facebook has become a lot more toxic in recent times

There's so many stupid unwritten rules and regulations (punishment having no views, likes, comments). Bloody money-grubbing bastards.

Rant over.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Facebook is a toxic shithole

Post by Yohan »

I do not use such kind of social media. You have to be very careful about what you write about other people and opinions before you publish it online.

About me:
No facebook - no hassle
No twitter - no hassle
No Instagram - no hassle

etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Lol. Facebook thinks it knows better than you about what's true and what isn't. Lol. Hope the courts and governments will sue their ass.

https://www.facebook.com/business/help/ ... 2479947730
Ensuring that fewer people see misinformation: Once a fact-checker rates a piece of content as False, Altered or Partly False, it will appear lower in News Feed, be filtered out of Explore on Instagram, and be featured less prominently in Feed and Stories. This significantly reduces the number of people who see it. We also reject ads with content that has been rated by fact-checkers.

Taking action against repeat offenders: Pages and websites that repeatedly share misinformation rated False or Altered will have some restrictions, including having their distribution reduced. They may also have their ability to monetize and advertise removed, and their ability to register as a news Page removed for a given time period.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Many people won't answer messages, even some people who were nice in person. I guess for a person to respond, it would have to have been a relatively closer friendship than just work associates.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Neo wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 4:52 am
Many people won't answer messages, even some people who were nice in person. I guess for a person to respond, it would have to have been a relatively closer friendship than just work associates.
I noticed that too. Even my childhood friends on Facebook rarely reply if ever. Some reply to only 10 percent of my messages if at all. Why is everyone like that? Did everyone turn into a clone? It's like something ate their soul. Even most of my cousins won't talk to me on FB or social media. Do any of you experience that too? It's like they are trying to forget you exist. Totally different to what you see on TV. Very sad and inhuman. I don't understand why the elite socially engineer it this way. Don't they have any empathy?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 11:59 am
Neo wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 4:52 am
I noticed that too. Even my childhood friends on Facebook rarely reply if ever. Some reply to only 10 percent of my messages if at all. Why is everyone like that? Did everyone turn into a clone? It's like something ate their soul. Even most of my cousins won't talk to me on FB or social media. Do any of you experience that too? It's like they are trying to forget you exist. Totally different to what you see on TV. Very sad and inhuman. I don't understand why the elite socially engineer it this way. Don't they have any empathy?
I really don't have much of a clue on this one. Who knows what goes on in their minds? But I figure I won't bother people who don't want to talk to me.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Facebook is only toxic if you are an unattractive or low-status male. If you are high status or at least physically attractive, it's quite fun as a medium, the likes and 'hearts' from female friends can be encouraging and sure enough, your PMs will not go unnoticed.

I personally quite enjoy Facebook, though only in small doses. ;)
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Facebook should be for people you know and like and really - try and keep politics out of your posts! If I have to read right-wing shite from my friends - who I love and respect - all I am going to do is block their feeds from coming onto mine so I will never get to see their right-wing crap and get angry at them and unfollow them - probably if you're writing too many political posts then your friends have zoned out and blocked your posts from coming onto their feed.

Facebook has been wonderful in getting me back in contact with my old army friends and people who I would never have been able to be in contact with - that's all it is fit for.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

Facebook should be for people you know and like and really - try and keep politics out of your posts! If I have to read right-wing shite from my friends - who I love and respect - all I am going to do is block their feeds from coming onto mine so I will never get to see their right-wing crap and get angry at them and unfollow them - probably if you're writing too many political posts then your friends have zoned out and blocked your posts from coming onto their feed.
That's true, it was originally set up for that purpose of keeping in contact & keeping-up with people, checking out what people are upto, organising get-togethers etc. This year I recently got back in touch with an old school friend, which was one of the main reasons I started checking in.

The main other thing I was having a go at IN THE op & which I think is toxic (which applies to all social media) is the envy, the 'keeping-up with the jones's' you know how people only portray the best of themselves, the comparing yourself & all that (the effect is well-documented by psychologists). During times you're socially-isolated things like that can affect you more.

Twitter is better for news and politics, however that shouldn't mean you shouldn't be able to voice how you're feeling & share your thoughts on current affairs (especially things such as fundamental freedoms). After all, it does say 'what's on your mind'. What likely happened is that I made the mistake of..posting how I feel about the above-mentioned dynamic. What I'm mentioning, I've seen friends also say similar things. If they're allowed to, then I don't see why not. Yes, it's probably advisable to keep politics-related stuff in moderation (best behaviour!). We all make mistakes.

Another note is (and how to and how not to use social media); as long as you don't acciddently make people feel guilty or abligated, there shouldn't be a problem. So yeah, I admit I probably made a bit of a mistake. Hopefully it won't result in being hated for all eternity. We all make silly mistakes sometimes.

The main disadvantage of social media is that it's easy to get caught-up in comparing yourself to others and that sort of thing, getting focused on other people's likes, comments and that load of rubbish. Here's another points; when you're more socially-active, silly things like that don't bother me as much. So yeah, has it's place, should be used in moderation.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Face book is also known as "Fake Book" because so many people lie about how many friends they have and how great of a social life they are having.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."