How Companies Have Exploited People Through Covid.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

How Companies Have Exploited People Through Covid.

Post by Pixel--Dude »

This is a rant about something that has really boiled my piss lately. Since the Covid Scamdemic companies adopted a system of prebooking slots online in order to partake in certain activities or use that company's services.

There are a few reasons why this is a f***ing scam these companies have universally latched onto in order to exploit people.

1. Nonrefundable Purchases. If I want to take my daughter to the farm for the day, yet when the day comes and it is pissing it down with rain I have the choice of either not going and losing the money I paid for the slot, or dragging a miserable little girl around in the cold and rain all day. Purchases are nonrefundable so the company (in this example the farm) are secure in knowing that they get to keep your money regardless of whether you can make your alloted slot or not.

2. Alloted Slots. This is a shitty one in my opinion. I think before covid I could take my daughter to a soft play park where you turn up and pay their price and have as long as you want there. Now, post covid, the same park with the same price but only I have to leave after an hour! Same with the local swimming pool and all the rest of it. It never used to be that you had to leave after an hour. You could pay and stay as long as you wanted. My theory is they kept this shitty system in place to get more people in and put of the door to make more money. Exploiting us more and more.

3. No Spontaneity. Gone are the days where I could say to my kid "fancy going to the farm today?" Now, I've got to book days or weeks in advance to guarantee they will even let me in. Even though most of the farm is massive and outdoor space anyway. I remember once driving my kid to a nearby zoo only to be turned away because we didn't book online. My kid was devastated and I was furious. The car park was half f***ing empty as well! As someone who rarely knows what f***ing day it is from one day to the next, this is something that seriously pisses me off.

What do you guys think? Has anyone else experienced or thought about anything like this? Is all this necessary or are these arsehole companies taking the piss out of us?!
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Re: How Companies Have Exploited People Through Covid.

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 31st, 2022, 1:58 pm
This is a rant about something that has really boiled my piss lately. Since the Covid Scamdemic companies adopted a system of prebooking slots online in order to partake in certain activities or use that company's services.

There are a few reasons why this is a f***ing scam these companies have universally latched onto in order to exploit people.

1. Nonrefundable Purchases. If I want to take my daughter to the farm for the day, yet when the day comes and it is pissing it down with rain I have the choice of either not going and losing the money I paid for the slot, or dragging a miserable little girl around in the cold and rain all day. Purchases are nonrefundable so the company (in this example the farm) are secure in knowing that they get to keep your money regardless of whether you can make your alloted slot or not.

2. Alloted Slots. This is a shitty one in my opinion. I think before covid I could take my daughter to a soft play park where you turn up and pay their price and have as long as you want there. Now, post covid, the same park with the same price but only I have to leave after an hour! Same with the local swimming pool and all the rest of it. It never used to be that you had to leave after an hour. You could pay and stay as long as you wanted. My theory is they kept this shitty system in place to get more people in and put of the door to make more money. Exploiting us more and more.

3. No Spontaneity. Gone are the days where I could say to my kid "fancy going to the farm today?" Now, I've got to book days or weeks in advance to guarantee they will even let me in. Even though most of the farm is massive and outdoor space anyway. I remember once driving my kid to a nearby zoo only to be turned away because we didn't book online. My kid was devastated and I was furious. The car park was half f***ing empty as well! As someone who rarely knows what f***ing day it is from one day to the next, this is something that seriously pisses me off.

What do you guys think? Has anyone else experienced or thought about anything like this? Is all this necessary or are these arsehole companies taking the piss out of us?!
I rarely even go out anymore and I've not been indoors inside any place selling goods since 2015. I honestly can't stand Walmart and would rather just shop at Kmart if they still existed. Things have certainly changed a lot, and I'd do anything to go back to the days when people weren't trying to exploit and take advantage at every goddamn opportunity just because shit done got extremely bad. I know some people that are trying to stay super positive and strongly believe all of this will blow over and life will return to normal, but I feel like this is really it...Hell my internet service provider wants $160 a month just for the goddamn internet and so I have to either try to get on some BS gov assist program to keep or do without it. I f***ing hate what's become of society today. I also responded to you in the shoutout box about the grunge thing.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

In Feb 2021, I've gotten shat on from a so-called "recording studio"...they call themselves that, but the soundproofing was EU Class F for flunkie-failing (although this had happened in Dallas, TX, USA).

They kept my deposit AFTER I CLEANED UP MY RENTED SPACE in that they were claiming I would lose part of my deposit of $900 USD if I didn't tidy it up upon depature whereas I got NONE of my deposit returned back to me!!!! No sense in suing over a paltry stack of money, but I got shat on.

Another instance is Uber starting last year. OAuth (eg. in laymens' terms, taking Google login credentials and using them by proxy to log into another website) is a big thing with Uber, and I lost track of which Gmail accounts I used to login, order, and have the recurring UberEats $9.99 USD/month.

So when I had dialed up Uber cust. service, it was some dizzy Filipina bitch that couldn't ascertain which account had the recurring charge.

So now, Uber "moves the goal post" monthly WITH A DIFFERENT PORTMANTEAU SUBNAME to extract 9.99 every month!!!! :shock:

BofA cannot block them for fcuk-shit I kid you the fcuk not!

At least BofA (my bank) agrees that if I call in every THREE months or so, they will let me appeal to the UberEats recurring charges in getting my money soon rolled back onto my account.

Isn't that foul???!

3rd and last true example: LA Fitness became EsporteFitness (Hispanics took the franchise over and named it the latter).

So Esporte Fitness KEPT ON EXTRACTING 19.99 USD monthly from my checking account and I NEVER WENT TO THAT GYM FOR FOUR MONTHS AFTER I cancelled in writing my GODDAMN description.

Finally BofA was able to block their vendor account from ass-raping my checking account on a recurring basis from EsporteFitness. I guess EsporteFitness does not know how to finesse customers as well as UberEats does!!!!
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
September 2nd, 2022, 4:28 am
In Feb 2021, I've gotten shat on from a so-called "recording studio"...they call themselves that, but the soundproofing was EU Class F for flunkie-failing (although this had happened in Dallas, TX, USA).

They kept my deposit AFTER I CLEANED UP MY RENTED SPACE in that they were claiming I would lose part of my deposit of $900 USD if I didn't tidy it up upon depature whereas I got NONE of my deposit returned back to me!!!! No sense in suing over a paltry stack of money, but I got shat on.

Another instance is Uber starting last year. OAuth (eg. in laymens' terms, taking Google login credentials and using them by proxy to log into another website) is a big thing with Uber, and I lost track of which Gmail accounts I used to login, order, and have the recurring UberEats $9.99 USD/month.

So when I had dialed up Uber cust. service, it was some dizzy Filipina bitch that couldn't ascertain which account had the recurring charge.

So now, Uber "moves the goal post" monthly WITH A DIFFERENT PORTMANTEAU SUBNAME to extract 9.99 every month!!!! :shock:

At least BofA (my bank) agrees that if I call in every THREE months or so, they will let me appeal to the UberEats recurring charges in getting my money soon rolled back onto my account.

Isn't that foul???!

3rd and last true example: LA Fitness became EsporteFitness (Hispanics took the franchise over and named it the latter).

So Esporte Fitness KEPT ON EXTRACTING 19.99 USD monthly from my checking account and I NEVER WENT TO THAT GYM FOR FOUR MONTHS AFTER I cancelled in writing my GODDAMN description.

Finally BofA was able to block their vendor account from ass-raping my checking account on a recurring basis from EsporteFitness. I guess EsporteFitness does not know how to finesse customers as well as UberEats does!!!!
Yeah that is pretty f***ing shit. Especially the stuff about Uber Eats. I'm sick to death of these companies absolutely taking the piss out of people. Is there no way you can get your money back?

I was never a fan of Capitalism to begin with, lately though it seems to be on f***ing steroids as society keeps shovelling in people by the thousands into the greedy jaws of the machine that is capitalism lol. I am going to make a post about capitalism when I feel a bit better in the following days.
WanderingProtagonist wrote:
August 31st, 2022, 10:17 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:

I rarely even go out anymore and I've not been indoors inside any place selling goods since 2015. I honestly can't stand Walmart and would rather just shop at Kmart if they still existed. Things have certainly changed a lot, and I'd do anything to go back to the days when people weren't trying to exploit and take advantage at every goddamn opportunity just because shit done got extremely bad. I know some people that are trying to stay super positive and strongly believe all of this will blow over and life will return to normal, but I feel like this is really it...Hell my internet service provider wants $160 a month just for the goddamn internet and so I have to either try to get on some BS gov assist program to keep or do without it. I f***ing hate what's become of society today. I also responded to you in the shoutout box about the grunge thing.
I am honestly not surprised at all. Society, which was never fantastic to begin with, has gone to shit more so in the last few years and now they are blaming both Covid and Putin for prices skyrocketing! I reckon people are going to die when it comes to the winter seasons. I think it is all artificial though! They could stop it if they wanted to.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 2nd, 2022, 3:06 pm

Isn't that foul???!

Yeah that is pretty f***ing shit. Especially the stuff about Uber Eats. I'm sick to death of these companies absolutely taking the piss out of people. Is there no way you can get your money back?

I was never a fan of Capitalism to begin with, lately though it seems to be on f***ing steroids as society keeps shovelling in people by the thousands into the greedy jaws of the machine that is capitalism lol. I am going to make a post about capitalism when I feel a bit better in the following days.
Pixel--Dude wrote:

I am honestly not surprised at all. Society, which was never fantastic to begin with, has gone to shit more so in the last few years and now they are blaming both Covid and Putin for prices skyrocketing! I reckon people are going to die when it comes to the winter seasons. I think it is all artificial though! They could stop it if they wanted to.
To some extent it was still fairly okay, I don't remember ever being depressed, or as miserable as I am now. I can understand why guys in some countries would just drop out of the world, end their lives because they felt it was too damn impossible to do anything about their situation. You then have people like me that spent a great deal of their lives trying to rise up and never could or only made matters for themselves even worse than it was before.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

September 6th, 2022, 7:54 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 2nd, 2022, 3:06 pm

Isn't that foul???!

Pixel--Dude wrote:

To some extent it was still fairly okay, I don't remember ever being depressed, or as miserable as I am now. I can understand why guys in some countries would just drop out of the world, end their lives because they felt it was too damn impossible to do anything about their situation. You then have people like me that spent a great deal of their lives trying to rise up and never could or only made matters for themselves even worse than it was before.
Had my fair share of depression. It can be a struggle. If you ever need to talk to someone in confidence you can always send me a private message, dude.

I found that a few things helped me with my depression. Exercise for releasing endorphins. Plus getting into good shape boosts your self esteem. Meditation for relaxing and clearing the mind. If you are feeling adventurous you could try magic mushrooms. They have always been like a negativity detox for me.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I hear you, and I can tell you this is a major problem just everywhere worldwide - in Europe, in Asia...in every country I know.
After you rent a space, regardless if business or for living and the owner asks you for a 'deposit', you will never see this money again. If you stay for a long time, well the deposit is lost but not such a big deal, but if you stay only a year or so, it's nothing but a surcharge of your rent you pay monthly.
What you can do is maybe to refuse to pay the last rent, telling the owner that he can use your deposit instead of it.

-----

A long time ago, when I was still young and had nothing I had exactly the same problem, but later on, despite it required me to save money for the first payment and this was not easy, I can tell you the ONLY solution if you consider to stay at the same address for at least 5 years, is to BUY. Of course you might have to pay back some loan to a bank - but when you move out and sell your room (as I did it in Europe) I got my money back and also had a little profit, so for about 7 years I never paid rent and did not suffer any loss of my money.

About our condominium now in Japan, we were able to save up money, and it belongs 100 percent to us - fully paid - as registered owners in the land title and we pay only maintenance fees, but no rent or loan. -

Same with my condo units in Thailand, I use them since more than 20 years, we (I, wife, and our children) always use them several times a year and therefore we never pay for hotel rooms or rent a serviced apartments.

I always considered rent as something horrible. You have to live somewhere, have to pay money to somebody who owns the place you live and that person can kick you out anytime and even if you leave by yourself and give notice in advance, you never see any deposit money again.

Make the poor poorer and the rich richer...
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

@Yohan, I couldn't stand how poorly the recording studio was (was NOT) soundproofed well @ all (I have thought about not paying the last month; that's the only way you'll get even - literally and financially) so I had to prematurely move out. Thanks for reminding me of how to handle such pieces-of-ish's like that.
Mew6ix
Freshman Poster

Post by Mew6ix »

Embed your YouTube and Spotify music on here, and you're gonna get a start up with views.

Those feminist White ladies in America sure love R&B singers like Benzino. Man I can't stop laughing how Benzino got an OnlyFans and American women are sponsoring him and shit lol

I hope that the recording studio refunds you partially because what is a recording booth without soundproof? Isn't that the main reason singers rent recording booths to not get into trouble in their apartments?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Mew6ix wrote:
September 9th, 2022, 7:21 pm
Embed your YouTube and Spotify music on here, and you're gonna get a start up with views.

Those feminist White ladies in America sure love R&B singers like Benzino. Man I can't stop laughing how Benzino got an OnlyFans and American women are sponsoring him and shit lol

I hope that the recording studio refunds you partially because what is a recording booth without soundproof? Isn't that the main reason singers rent recording booths to not get into trouble in their apartments?
Great minds think alike. Thank you; I anticipated all of what you said to me. It's coming around slowly but surely. Benzino is not an R&B singer, he was a rapper and a Hip Hop magazine owner. Why do many people conflate Hip Hop with R&B nowadays? LoL
Mew6ix
Freshman Poster

Post by Mew6ix »

Benzino dropped his Bigger Picture video that went viral in Toronto for the wrong reasons. He changed his image to R&B. The first rapper to have an OnlyFans lol