The gender difference in our Happier Abroad Forum.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

the lovely bellaruth said: I think I'm the only girl here, and I only joined recently (as a mistake! Thought it was a general 'going abroad' forum!). Before then it was just men. You might have seen nice replies, but I got a lot of negativity when I joined. One user even quit the forum, and I read a lot of comments saying I shouldn't be here at all. Some were direct personal insults.

I only stayed because I was asked to by the admin as it adds diversity to the forum, otherwise I would have left (not in outrage, but because I was told/felt this should be a kind of 'locker room' for men).

I've noticed a lot of interest in new male members but they don't always formally introduce themselves.

I think the reason why I got a lot of replies was because it was a novelty and a controversy. No one wanted to win any favours. If anything I feel as if I'm forcing myself in a little here, still.

f**k those idiots. i never came to these forums for gay locker room talk. I actually came here to see if people would bash winston. The boards grew and became more entertaining. There is tons of stupid morons here like in life but who said you should let your life be run by them? I never thought this site to be all male. In fact i actually hoped for women's prospective. I can never just see one's side of the coin. Its stupid people sent you stupid messages like that and that they werent banned. I wouldve. This forum should be for all except spammers and arguers with no merits of course. Im glad you stayed otherwise we wouldve never come across enjoy your stay here.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Btw, for what it's worth, if any of you miss FuzzX and want to try to get him to come back, here's his email in his profile:

dogbotREMOVETHISNOSPAMMSG@hotmail.com

I've already changed his user name back to what it was before. Tell him he is welcome back as long as he behaves civilly and fairly.
If you're going to post someone's e-mail, at least add a NOSPAM part to it, so his e-mail address won't be harvested by spam bots.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Master wrote:
the lovely bellaruth said: I think I'm the only girl here, and I only joined recently (as a mistake! Thought it was a general 'going abroad' forum!). Before then it was just men. You might have seen nice replies, but I got a lot of negativity when I joined. One user even quit the forum, and I read a lot of comments saying I shouldn't be here at all. Some were direct personal insults.

I only stayed because I was asked to by the admin as it adds diversity to the forum, otherwise I would have left (not in outrage, but because I was told/felt this should be a kind of 'locker room' for men).

I've noticed a lot of interest in new male members but they don't always formally introduce themselves.

I think the reason why I got a lot of replies was because it was a novelty and a controversy. No one wanted to win any favours. If anything I feel as if I'm forcing myself in a little here, still.

f**k those idiots. i never came to these forums for gay locker room talk. I actually came here to see if people would bash winston. The boards grew and became more entertaining. There is tons of stupid morons here like in life but who said you should let your life be run by them? I never thought this site to be all male. In fact i actually hoped for women's prospective. I can never just see one's side of the coin. Its stupid people sent you stupid messages like that and that they werent banned. I wouldve. This forum should be for all except spammers and arguers with no merits of course. Im glad you stayed otherwise we wouldve never come across enjoy your stay here.
If you get a morbid entertainment from reading people bash me, I can show you where to find that. Not here though.

I'm glad you agree with me, that this should not be an exclusive forum. People should be judged by their behavior. If we become exclusive, it'd be hypocritical since we are complaining about people being antisocial and noninclusive in America.

Plus, we should not turn into an American women hate group like AWS. That spreads negative energy and only makes things worse. Instead, we should promote the benefits and positive aspects of foreign women and culture. That in itself gives hope and solutions to our target audience. But it is good once in a while, for newcomers, to vent their frustrations about American women on this board. That is natural and to be expected. And that's ok. I do that too sometimes too. But hate shouldn't be the primary focus of this site, nor should it determine rules on this forum such as "no American women allowed".

Remember when you are in the right, you can beat the other side on a level playing field. There is nothing to be afraid of.
Last edited by Winston on July 1st, 2010, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw Master,
Why do you use that avatar? You know that movie sucked don't you? It was a huge let down and had a very cheesy cliched ending.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

The fact is that Winston is too easy for me to deal with and not worth my time. I can just point out how odd it is that he goes around preaching all these good things about other places yet he fills his boards with tons of ads and tries to make a huge profit from it and even though he advertises all this stuff there is no actual proof of actual success. I have no interest in having a words of war with Mr. Winston because frankly its not worth my time and because he is at a major disadvantage. You can say what you want about making money of it. The fact is that many people have blogs and do it out of love with no intention of making profit. I’m not saying you shouldn’t get a real job or that what you say is a lie, I am just saying it is raises eye brows to say the least.

One more thing you have several issues and one of them is to jump into things without really acknowledging it. I never said I get as you call it a “morbid� entertainment out of it. I clearly said I came here to see if people would bash you. That doesn’t mean I was expecting it or I was wanting it, just to see if you have an opposite force or what people thought of you.

I also get from your target audience that you have become a marketing tool or seller. I doubt you really started like that or I hope not. I’m not really sure your details on how you started all this but it seems to me you started with good intentions and then you made it an all out business. I’m not saying you shouldn’t but to make it your primary purpose again raises eye brows.

To answer your questions is for several reasons.

But while we’re at it these topics( forums) are sooo….. interesting yet so cheapen by ads. Models, spam. If these boards were run down more mature it might be taken more seriously. When an average joe comes to this site you feel like your in one of those japan streets where they advertise tons of hookers. So to answer your question with a question what is it with your avatar? Or avatar’s? It feels like your advertising easy women and exploiting them for your own gain.

As for mine, it has several things to do with several things. For one of the many you are Asian so I figured I felt Asian in these boards because you are the head it feels like some foreigner venting on the differences of the world. Its not like a pure American did this site. It has a foreign feel so I decided to make it foreign. I also like eastern ideas and cultural.

You say this movie was cliché as to say that there isn’t many cliché films or as I shouldn’t like something so washed down. But what? I cant like a popcorn movie?

The film might sucked in your opinion but that doesn’t mean that many people didn’t like it. It far out grossed its budget making millions. I know those are not indicators for a good film but you cant just say it was a total bust. The film had many Chinese historical references and some pretty good cgi. I also like Jet Li in the film. You can also say I like cheesy.

Now as for you to point me out like this show’s bad taste and which is why I posted this. You should consider the consequences before what you say to people.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Master,
I don't know what your point is, but there is nothing wrong with monetizing this site. It's common nowadays to do that. What do you have against that exactly? No one is forcing you to click on any ads. You can ignore them if you like. They are an option.

Of course some will bash me, and they have on the wooweasel group.

Yes there is proof of actual success. Not only in my life, but in others. You can see their testimonials on this forum and at http://www.happierabroad.com/testimonials.php

That Mummy movie sucked! I'm talking about the latest one, but I think the first one sucked too. No one with any taste liked it. If you go to rottentomatoes.com and enter in that movie, you'll see that every critic hated it too. Same if you look up the user reviews on IMDB.com. It was a total bust. The ending was a huge let down too.