The OK Karen Meme

Share funny jokes, stories or comical content.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

The OK Karen Meme

Post by jamesbond »

Great video explaining the OK Karen meme that's been floating around for a while.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The OK Karen Meme

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I love it, but it is far more than just a meme at this point. It is a downright title, slur, or putdown which can be used in public.

The Karen phenomenon is just middle age women reacting to the lost social capital of being young and attractive, so they rely on bullying and dominance instead. I used to work with several so I know how they evolve.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

A new "Karen" calls the cops and makes a false report on a black man and now she's in HUGE trouble. Turns out that she is a VP at Franklin Templeton and she has been placed on leave pending her employment fate. I also read that she has lost her dog since she all but choked it to death durign her malicious meltdown.

Now that cell phones are everywhere, these toxic "Karens" around the country are taking big time losses.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here are some "Karen's" freaking out in public. :lol:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Didn't know what a 'Karen' was, had to look it up...

Have to say, there are plenty of male 'Karens' as well. Just as bad and just as many who are f***ing everything up.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

yick wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:39 am
Didn't know what a 'Karen' was, had to look it up...

Have to say, there are plenty of male 'Karens' as well. Just as bad and just as many who are f***ing everything up.
The key thing about Karens is they have that middle aged, White, female chip on their shoulder that grows bigger about the time that their youthful beauty wears off.

There are men who are indeed obnoxious pricks as well, but men have a way of keeping in in line because of the threat of someone kicking their ass. Karens don’t have that fear so they are 10 times worse than the worst male.

I suppose a flamboyantly gay male could be close to a Karen, but I have not yet seen one.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

In Facebook I have seen quite a number of OK Karens.

But some women do struggle past a certain age, to get male attention.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Here's the best way shut up a mouthy Karen:

I just couldn't resist posting this :lol:
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 9:13 pm
Here's the best way shut up a mouthy Karen:

I just couldn't resist posting this :lol:

That was hilarious! :lol:

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

I'm completely un-PC too, but personally don't mind at all if "strong" outspoken women say whatever they want-- as long as they're not control freaks who actually have some deranged sense of entitlement to actually force everyone by law to comply with whatever they say we have to do, or outlawing any expression of views they disagree with, cancelling people who disagree with them...
But when it comes to all these contemporary bolshevik control-freaks stamping around breathing fire out their nostrils and bellowing at everyone to follow their sets of obsessive control-freak rules and "compliance" programs, damn... way to "reap what they sow" when black women turn the tables on them with Karen memes, and then the angry Karens are too much of a bunch of wimps to even take back some of the vitriol that they've been dishing out!

Funniest example of this I've seen so far:
A raging jewish Karen named "Weiner" (you can't make this @#$ up, LOL) wrote a piece last year in the Jew York Times titled "The Seductive Appeal of Pandemic Shaming", whining that black womens' Karen memes had effectively "silenced" her from being able to go around braying at people on the streets if they did anything she thought wasn't fully compliant with her checklist of backseat driving covid control freak rules and regulations.

Quotes directly from Weiner's enraged op-ed piece (I swear I'm not making these quotes up, LOL, and I hope for all your sake you don't actually pay to read the NYT, but the piece is still online https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/opin ... aming.html):
Normally, when I see sidewalk-spitting — sadly, a regular feature of my life here in Philadelphia — I’m mildly revolted. I roll my eyes and get on with my day. When I saw that man the other morning, I was not mildly anything. I was instantly, immediately enraged. Don’t you know there’s a pandemic? I wanted to yell. Don’t you care?
The anger is always with me these days, thumping through my bloodstream, a simmer waiting to burst into a boil.
There was even more ranting I'm cutting out with a big list of "I am angry when blahblahblah, I am angry when blah-blah-blah, I am angry when blah-blahblahblahblah" items, but here's my favorite part of her rant:
I understand (thanks, therapy!) that anger is a manifestation of fear, a way of exerting a tiny measure of control. I have no power over the pandemic. I can’t control who gets sick and if my hospital is ready and when we might return to something that looks like normal. But yelling at a guy on the sidewalk, or posting his picture on Nextdoor.com with the caption “So gross!” or “Can you believe this!?” — that I can do.
I’m not alone in my fury, or my impulses. My Nextdoor.com is writhing with finger-pointing; my Facebook groups are roiling with gotchas. I saw a supermarket cashier without a mask! I saw a man use an A.T.M. pad with his bare hands! My idiot cousin is posting conspiracy theories! My mom went and got a pedicure!
[[LOL can you believe this BS is a real piece instead of satire? "Ohhhhhh, I saw someone without a mask!!! / using an ATM pad with their bare hands!!! / posting "conspiracy theories"!! (i.e. 'conspiracy theories' meaning any information, factual or theoretical, that deranged bolshevik control freaks don't want any other people to be allowed to say or even have the chance to think about and consider--- even when the control freaks don't even deny that they themselves are both overtly mentally ill and in therapy, as well as living in a maelstrom of boiling rage and fear.]]]

Anyway, then she goes on to actually whine about fear of being called a Karen if she followed her impulses to go around being one: :lol:
But with that impulse comes a different fear — the fear of being that white lady of a certain age who would like to speak to your manager. The fear of being Coronavirus Karen.
And she concludes by actually getting pro-active (!) and saying that she and her fellow Karens need to focus their control-freak actions at the targets that might yield the highest payoff:
Professor Bhanot says we should aim our inner Karen at companies or institutions with power. Instead of posting a picture of a grocery store clerk without a mask, tweet at the company’s chief executive and urge him or her to make sure the employees are safe. Instead of railing at the kids on the beach, use social media to ask mayors and governors why the beaches are still open.
Be the Karen you want to see in the world: a Karen who uses her power — her supersensitivity to rule-breaking, her refusal to just let it go, her ability to always, always, always get a supervisor on the phone — for good instead of evil; who protects the noncompliant, instead of getting them in trouble; who believes that we’re all in this together. Because that Karen might be the one who can save us.
:wink:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

WilliamSmith wrote:
December 22nd, 2021, 1:49 pm

Quotes directly from Weiner's enraged op-ed piece (I swear I'm not making these quotes up, LOL, and I hope for all your sake you don't actually pay to read the NYT, but the piece is still online https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/opin ... aming.html):
Normally, when I see sidewalk-spitting — sadly, a regular feature of my life here in Philadelphia — I’m mildly revolted. I roll my eyes and get on with my day. When I saw that man the other morning, I was not mildly anything. I was instantly, immediately enraged. Don’t you know there’s a pandemic? I wanted to yell. Don’t you care?
The anger is always with me these days, thumping through my bloodstream, a simmer waiting to burst into a boil.
I also get mildly revolted and somewhat enraged if I see sidewalk spitting but for completely different reasons.

First, it's not polite and it isn't proper etiquette. It's savagery for lowest common denominators. If people legitimately need to spit, they should do it in a trash bin or go to an alley.

Second, it can indeed spread airborne viruses and bacteria. There is indeed a sanitary issue.

Third, people need to be respectful and courteous. Spitting on a sidewalk is neither.

There are codes of conduct that must be followed to create a healthy civilization with civilized people.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »