Homeowner disputes

Share funny jokes, stories or comical content.
HappyGuy

Homeowner disputes

Post by HappyGuy »

Apr 6, 2018 (Houston)
HOA demands homeowners to keep garage doors open

Apr 25, 2019 (Orlando)
Video:Property owner builds fence through pool

Jul 22, 2011
Texas Man Buys $330k House for $16

May 19, 2004 Racist Neighborhood (WFOR-TV)
Neighbors mad at family for painting their house red

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Homeowner disputes

Post by jamesbond »

Homeowner associations have a lot of power and sometimes they are run by people who are power hungry or incompetent (or both). That's why it's best to buy a house and not have to deal with a homeowner association and all their rules and regulations.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

jamesbond wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 11:23 pm
Homeowner associations have a lot of power and sometimes they are run by people who are power hungry or incompetent (or both). That's why it's best to buy a house and not have to deal with a homeowner association and all their rules and regulations.
Be careful as many single family homes are also part of an HOA. I understand the need for an HOA in condos and townhouses as there's a lot of shared spaces like pools, landscaping, snow removal etc. that need some owner oversight.

But an HOA for a neighborhood of single family homes is another issue. It's mostly a way that bored housewives and retirees with no hobbies get their moment to shine and go on a power trip about home appearances. A coworker of mine lives in a single family home HOA and if he wants to paints his house, he needs prior approval from the HOA, and there are only a few different colors they will allow. He also received a warning about keeping his cars parked on the driveway for several weeks :shock: (he was installing wood floors and needed to temporarily convert his garage to a work shop and staging area)

Also, a lot of municipal governments around here have started cracking down on "blight" and unkept lawns...

Best bet is to buy a nice large piece of land 1+ hour outside of a major metro area where you can do whatever the hell you want and no neighbor would even see it.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

CannedHam wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 8:22 am
Best bet is to buy a nice large piece of land 1+ hour outside of a major metro area where you can do whatever the hell you want and no neighbor would even see it.

I agree 100%, someday I will buy a home out in the middle of nowhere, with no neighbors around me. I want to do this as soon as I can. Right now I live in a condo and have to pay a homeowners association fee each month and deal with my neighbors.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

jamesbond wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 10:11 pm
CannedHam wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 8:22 am

I agree 100%, someday I will buy a home out in the middle of nowhere, with no neighbors around me. I want to do this as soon as I can. Right now I live in a condo and have to pay a homeowners association fee each month and deal with my neighbors.
I kind of agree, but the problem here is that lots of people have the same idea so such properties cost much more that they should. I don't know if there is a term for them in America, but here they are called "lifestyle blocks". You also have problems with emergency service response times, utilities and such.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Sep 29, 2015 - Rooter Rite worker to client: ‘They’re scamming you’

"A local man says a frustrating situation turned dangerous when a Salem plumbing company allegedly tried to take advantage of him."
:lol:

Aug 11, 2017
Suburban America is on a steady decline

Return to “Jokes, Humor, Comic Relief”