Would Winston be happier abroad in Europe?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Would Winston be happier abroad in Europe?

Post by Winston »

Wow Yick. Those pictures look very clean and modern. Where are they from?

One good thing about South America and Europe and Russia is that you can go there alone as a single guy and freewheel it and meet girls by random chance encounters, just like you see in the movies, only in real life. But in Chinese and American cultures you can't really do that as much, because they are more socially conservative, in that social life is only within cliques and established networks. Thus you have to establish a solid social network in Chinese and American cultures to meet people or to meet eligible women to date. You can't just freewheel it as a single guy there from nowhere like in the movies and rely on lucky chance encounters. Women in Chinese and American cultures don't like talking to strangers or getting picked up by strangers. That's the downside of Chinese and American cultures.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 12:00 am
Wow Yick. Those pictures look very clean and modern. Where are they from?

One good thing about South America and Europe and Russia is that you can go there alone as a single guy and freewheel it and meet girls by random chance encounters, just like you see in the movies, only in real life. But in Chinese and American cultures you can't really do that as much, because they are more socially conservative, in that social life is only within cliques and established networks. Thus you have to establish a solid social network in Chinese and American cultures to meet people or to meet eligible women to date. You can't just freewheel it as a single guy there from nowhere like in the movies and rely on lucky chance encounters. Women in Chinese and American cultures don't like talking to strangers or getting picked up by strangers. That's the downside of Chinese and American cultures.
Rosario Argentina - get your arse over there - it is cheap as shite if you're bringing in dollars. 8)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yick,
What's good about Rosario, Argentina? Can you make a list of pros and cons? Or a list of good things to love about it? Are the women very approachable and not cliquish?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 3:49 am
Yick,
What's good about Rosario, Argentina? Can you make a list of pros and cons? Or a list of good things to love about it? Are the women very approachable and not cliquish?
Pro's

European culture but people are friendly and easy to make friends in line with Latin American culture
Safe
Nice architecture - a cafe culture
If you like pizza, steak and ice cream - the food is excellent
It is a university city so it is full of young people - women especially
Argentinian women are very pretty - most of them are a mix of Spanish, Italian and Native American (though this is more pronounced the further north you go...)
Your money goes a long way, especially now
Nice climate
Very lax visa system - you can keep coming and going every 3-6 months without immigration being on your arse
Argentinians tend not to be racist - but they give everyone a nickname - no doubt yours will be 'Chino' or 'Jacky Chan' :lol:

Cons

Women aren't easy - local men have a nickname for the more awkward ones 'histericas' but you're not after getting laid - just make friends - so you'll be all right there.
Renting long term is a pain - you need a local guarantor
You'll need Spanish but it isn't hard to pick up if you're there awhile, younger people speak English.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@hypermak and @yick:

Did you two see the long list of important points I wrote to you two? I mean this post:

viewtopic.php?p=334177#p334177

What do you two think? Do you understand my points?

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 4:48 am
@hypermak and @yick:

Did you two see the long list of important points I wrote to you two? I mean this post:

You're wrong but I can't be arsed going through it all.

You have no idea about that culture in the holiday resorts of Spain, I've given you a foolproof guide on how to get laid off a young white woman - British, German, Dutch whatever - and you didn't even say thanks! :lol:

It's funny that I am European and so is Hypermak but you know more about how it is in Europe than we do, how come? What would you say if I started lecturing you about life in California but I have never been there, you would tell me to f**k off.

You talk about soul and culture and depth but lived in Angeles City for ten years - so yeah, Winston - you are a man of culture and depth. :lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

yick wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 5:06 am
Winston wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 4:48 am
@hypermak and @yick:

You're wrong but I can't be arsed going through it all.

You have no idea about that culture in the holiday resorts of Spain, I've given you a foolproof guide on how to get laid off a young white woman - British, German, Dutch whatever - and you didn't even say thanks! :lol:

It's funny that I am European and so is Hypermak but you know more about how it is in Europe than we do, how come? What would you say if I started lecturing you about life in California but I have never been there, you would tell me to f**k off.

You talk about soul and culture and depth but lived in Angeles City for ten years - so yeah, Winston - you are a man of culture and depth. :lol:
Why am I wrong? Can you give some logical reasons? I gave many good reasons for my points. You can't just dismiss them like that. Denial does not erase truth or logic or reality.

With all due respect, even Hypermak agreed with me that getting laid in bars with beer goggle girls isn't as easy as you made it sound, for all the reasons I elaborated on. And there's no such thing as a foolproof method of picking up chicks. That's PUA language and we all know it's false. You must be joking right? You sound like satire, not serious truth.

I can say thanks, but I didn't, because I didn't agree with it. :P

Also, Europe is not all the same everywhere. And it depends on the guy and his luck, charm, charisma, karma, fate, etc. Lots of invisible forces and intangible forces are at work behind lots of things. That's why life and events are impossible to predict, even for the best experts, best psychologists and best economists. Why are you so sure you are right and why are men so arrogant these days?

I am European too, in soul. You forget that. I believe I've had many past lives there. Whether you agree or not, that's my belief, and you are not in a god like position to judge what's true or false in such matters. We all know that men who think they know everything do not. All we know is that we know nothing. Humility is lost today. You gotta learn to listen man and consider other people's points too.

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 10:37 am

Why am I wrong? Can you give some logical reasons? I gave many good reasons for my points. You can't just dismiss them like that. Denial does not erase truth or logic or reality.
Course it does, you have never been to Europe.

If I started correcting you on the dating scene in California and telling you, you were wrong - despite the fact I had never been to California or dated a Californian girl - these rules would change quick smart. On-the-ground knowledge is all when it comes to this kind of thing...
With all due respect, even Hypermak agreed with me that getting laid in bars with beer goggle girls isn't as easy as you made it sound, for all the reasons I elaborated on. And there's no such thing as a foolproof method of picking up chicks. That's PUA language and we all know it's false. You must be joking right? You sound like satire, not serious truth.
Getting laid in 'bars' isn't for everyone - I agree, shy, retiring wallflower types, but that's not you is it? You're a bit of a machine when it comes to approaching women by all accounts and you're not getting laid in bars - think of it like Angeles City and the main drag there - a street full of bars, takeaways etc where there are people milling around on the street making interaction easy - you did well there - you got laid like a brick in Angeles City because chances of interaction were easier - well, the same rules apply in a place like Magaluf - they're not in bars but milling around them in a drag designed for social accessibility and there are thousands of women.

These places are the easiest places to get laid in Europe.

You haven't a clue about it more like.
Also, Europe is not all the same everywhere.

Now that's true - in fact I think I SAID that.
And it depends on the guy and his luck, charm, charisma, karma, fate, etc.
And language abilities outside the UK and Ireland - people are more comfortable speaking their own language unless you can speak Spanish, Italian, French - which I don't think you can.

Also, you want to meet young, single women - how will you do that? There are reasons that single mum's get lots of lovin' in a lot of European countries because that's the only women left for blokes over 30.
Lots of invisible forces and intangible forces are at work behind lots of things. That's why life and events are impossible to predict, even for the best experts, best psychologists and best economists. Why are you so sure you are right and why are men so arrogant these days?
The arrogant one is YOU - you are trying to override my knowledge and first hand experience when you have never been there - imagine if I did that about you not getting dates in California with the hot blonde cheerleaders even though I have no idea of the social dynamic over there - if I blamed you and told you it would be easy for me because I have charisma, charm etc - you would call me out - you're being called out Winston, you're talking balderdash.

Why do you think there are so many Europeans in Thailand f***ing Issan women? Brits, Swedes, Finns, the Dutch? Millions of thirsty men get on a plane for ten hours for a reason.
I am European too, in soul.
No you're not.
You forget that.
I didn't forget it - you're an American of Chinese descent. Which you don't seem to be too happy about. :(

But even if you weren't - and you were a blond, blue eyed, tall 'Chad Thundercock' - unless you spoke their languages and had social access to their circles - you aren't getting anywhere fast.
I believe I've had many past lives there.
I doubt it.
Whether you agree or not, that's my belief, and you are not in a god like position to judge what's true or false in such matters.
Give me some proof that you are or have been European.

We all know that men who think they know everything do not. All we know is that we know nothing. Humility is lost today. You gotta learn to listen man and consider other people's points too.
If I pulled this bullshit with the blonde cheerleaders in California, despite never living or even setting foot in California - none of it would last five seconds with you - and if I said it was because I had a past life there - you would laugh me off this forum.

You're a monolingual, middle-aged American (and there are many parts of Europe where they don't have a good reputation...) of Chinese descent, this is what you are now, not in your past life in Genoa in 1783. I bet you were some kind of nobleman or prince, right? :lol:

I have given you other good advice about Argentina. At this moment - prices are rock bottom - go there.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Hi @Winston, @yick, @Shemp, etc.

Not having a lot of time these days. I have been following this thread for a while. I think the matter of "happier abroad in Europe" is, like all things, extremely subjective. I sometimes catch up with older stuff in here and read of posters like @Yohan or @MarcosZeitola who were not so happy in Europe and migrated to Asia, posters like @eurobrat who did try Europe without much luck, or other who are European citizens and not planning to move abroad any time soon.

Not to repeat myself, but I think there is a good measure of delusion in Winston's statements about European people being deeper, more intellectual and approachable, as friends at least. They are the same as anywhere else. If you find them in a context where they are more relaxed and open to casual conversations, like during a backpacking holiday or a bar night, then they will project that image to you.

If you then to meet them when real life hits them, when they will be preoccupied with work, family, bills to pay, shit news pouring from TV and the Internet, then you easily realise that the magic is gone. They are back to being distant, standoffish, unapproachable.

I found deep and friendly people in Malta, Spain and even here in the Philippines. I met quite a few Argentinians and Colombians in my professions, both men and women, and - bar very few exceptions - they all come across as snobbish and entitled, especially the Argentinians.

Despite the crippling financial crisis, I think Buenos Aires could still be a pleasant place to live, especially if your income comes from abroad and is to the levels of a country like the US or UK. But then, if you have enough money and you don't have a tiring work schedule (I assume Winston ticks both boxes), then any country, any city, any society is worth exploring and testing for compatibility.

For as much as I would like to chip in with substantial arguments, all I have time to say is: it's all a "do it yourself and see". Winston, apart from your seminal trips to Russia and the Baltics, have you actually lived in Europe lately? Did you hang out in normal social situations, like house/college parties, bars, or your knowledge is limited to online interactions and friendships? Did you meet locals of a city or town, or you met passer-byes in hostels or tourism spots?

All of the above makes a world of difference when it comes to shaping your perception of a group of people, like "the Europeans". Again, my opinion and my opinion alone: people's behaviour doesn't change so much depending on where they come from. It's a globalised world and, especially with the new generations, you won't find much of a difference at all between how a 20-something Romanian or North American or Filipina behaves: it's all social media, appearing, exploring stuff and living in the present.

People's behaviour changes depending on what situation they are in. I have been working in entertainment places for all of my life and I can tell you very confidently: the same people who act so relaxed, nice, polite and friendly in a fine dining venue or a 5-star resort may be the world's worst b*tches in normal life situations.

If you meet them as a happy-go-lucky tourist and are contented with savouring them on those brief occasions, then good for you. The moment you want to establish a longer term relationship, you will have to take them in the context of everyday life, when they won't be the same as during that first encounter.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's another interesting thing to consider, and another reason why I may fit in Eastern Europe better. In Russia and Eastern Europe, not only did I get attention from girls naturally with my personality/charisma/vibe, but I also got media attention as well. For instance, see the story about me on Russia National TV News below. After that, everyone in Russia knew who I was for one week or so. lol.

In addition, in Lithuania, a magazine writer also did a story about me too. Here are the pages in her article about me below. They include some photos of me too.

https://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_magazine1.jpg

https://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_magazine2.jpg

https://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_magazine3.jpg

https://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_magazine4.jpg

There are four pages above. Click each link to see each page. What this means of course, is that I seem to have a KNACK for getting attention in Russia/Eastern Europe. I seem to be considered INTERESTING and NEWSWORTHY there.

In contrast, I never get any attention at all by the media in the USA or Taiwan. Zero. I'm totally ignored like I don't exist and am not interesting to anyone at all. Whether it's girls or the media, I'm nonexistent here in Taiwan and USA.

You see the big difference? What this means is that maybe in Eastern Europe/Russia I'm more in my ELEMENT? And thus, I attract more things there, such as girls, attention, drama, events, interesting stories, etc. So I'm never bored there, because when you are in your element, things always happen naturally, with the flow. Don't you agree?

So this may be a sign and indication that I am more in my element in Eastern Europe and Russia right? What do you think? The evidence above, such as the magazine page and TV news story about me, are an indication of that, right?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

yick wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Winston wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 10:37 am

Course it does, you have never been to Europe.

If I started correcting you on the dating scene in California and telling you, you were wrong - despite the fact I had never been to California or dated a Californian girl - these rules would change quick smart. On-the-ground knowledge is all when it comes to this kind of thing...
Getting laid in 'bars' isn't for everyone - I agree, shy, retiring wallflower types, but that's not you is it? You're a bit of a machine when it comes to approaching women by all accounts and you're not getting laid in bars - think of it like Angeles City and the main drag there - a street full of bars, takeaways etc where there are people milling around on the street making interaction easy - you did well there - you got laid like a brick in Angeles City because chances of interaction were easier - well, the same rules apply in a place like Magaluf - they're not in bars but milling around them in a drag designed for social accessibility and there are thousands of women.

These places are the easiest places to get laid in Europe.
You haven't a clue about it more like.
Also, Europe is not all the same everywhere.

Now that's true - in fact I think I SAID that.
And it depends on the guy and his luck, charm, charisma, karma, fate, etc.
And language abilities outside the UK and Ireland - people are more comfortable speaking their own language unless you can speak Spanish, Italian, French - which I don't think you can.

Also, you want to meet young, single women - how will you do that? There are reasons that single mum's get lots of lovin' in a lot of European countries because that's the only women left for blokes over 30.
Lots of invisible forces and intangible forces are at work behind lots of things. That's why life and events are impossible to predict, even for the best experts, best psychologists and best economists. Why are you so sure you are right and why are men so arrogant these days?
The arrogant one is YOU - you are trying to override my knowledge and first hand experience when you have never been there - imagine if I did that about you not getting dates in California with the hot blonde cheerleaders even though I have no idea of the social dynamic over there - if I blamed you and told you it would be easy for me because I have charisma, charm etc - you would call me out - you're being called out Winston, you're talking balderdash.

Why do you think there are so many Europeans in Thailand f***ing Issan women? Brits, Swedes, Finns, the Dutch? Millions of thirsty men get on a plane for ten hours for a reason.
I am European too, in soul.
No you're not.
You forget that.
I didn't forget it - you're an American of Chinese descent. Which you don't seem to be too happy about. :(

But even if you weren't - and you were a blond, blue eyed, tall 'Chad Thundercock' - unless you spoke their languages and had social access to their circles - you aren't getting anywhere fast.
I believe I've had many past lives there.
I doubt it.
Whether you agree or not, that's my belief, and you are not in a god like position to judge what's true or false in such matters.
Give me some proof that you are or have been European.
We all know that men who think they know everything do not. All we know is that we know nothing. Humility is lost today. You gotta learn to listen man and consider other people's points too.
If I pulled this bullshit with the blonde cheerleaders in California, despite never living or even setting foot in California - none of it would last five seconds with you - and if I said it was because I had a past life there - you would laugh me off this forum.

You're a monolingual, middle-aged American (and there are many parts of Europe where they don't have a good reputation...) of Chinese descent, this is what you are now, not in your past life in Genoa in 1783. I bet you were some kind of nobleman or prince, right? :lol:

I have given you other good advice about Argentina. At this moment - prices are rock bottom - go there.
Yes I have been to Europe. Four countries in EASTERN Europe remember? Eastern Europe counts as Europe. Why are you so uneducated and misinformed? How do you know I haven't been to Europe? Are you God @yick? LOL.

If you aren't that bright Yick, then don't act arrogant. I hate dumb men who act arrogant. That's a BAD combination. No offense, but in my book only intelligent broad minded men have a right to be arrogant.

Yes I'm a cold approach machine, but only in countries I feel in my element in and fit into that allow me to come out of my shell and be myself.

I told you before, even though I like to cold approach a lot, bars and nightclubs and discos aren't my element. I don't dance well and that type of atmosphere doesn't fit me. I'm better at meeting girls on buses, subways, streets, etc.

How do you know my soul is not European? Just because I look Asian and have an American accent? You aren't God, you aren't the librarian of the akashic records, so how do you know? Why do you act like you can know stuff for sure in the metaphysical world? Totally illogical and arrogant.

Do you think you know MY soul better than me?! Are you CRAZY Yick? Who do you think you are? God? LOL

Other men I know, unless they are atheists, do not dispute that. Even in this forum, some guys agree that I'm a European soul.

Use basic logic. If I had a Chinese soul, I would NEVER write the things I do about Taiwan. No Asian would say the stuff I do when I criticize Asian culture in my anti-asian threads. Also, if my soul were American, I'd never advocate going abroad. I'd be like all those patriot Americans and recommend everyone STAY in America, build and underground bunker and buy guns and a whole arsenal of firearms and hide them so that the government could never take them away and never violate our 2nd Amendment rights. No true American patriot would tell people to leave the USA like I do. Think about it Yick. Use your brain. A true American would be like Alex Jones or Bill Cooper and never tell everyone to leave America. They'd tell everyone to stay and fight to "take back our country". Don't you know that?

Why are you incapable of basic logic and common sense? If you aren't that bright, then stop debating me please. Your opinions are NOT facts. You should be open minded and just say that you don't know, like an honest person would.

Btw, in case you know nothing about reincarnation I assume (since reincarnation believers would not discount my claim about having a European soul from a past life) please educate yourself and see the links below.

viewtopic.php?&p=342747#p342747

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7149

Also, any skeptics of reincarnation such as Yick and other closed minded men, check out this stunning and compelling 1981 documentary on reincarnation where FOUR WOMEN in Australia who had past life memories of being in Europe, were taken there to see if their memories could be verified and substantiated. What they found will astround you and blow your mind! After you see it, you will definitely be more open to my claim that many of my past lives were in England and Europe. Don't just dismiss it, watch it with an open mind. Everyone in this documentay is very honest and down to earth, like honest ordinary everyday people.

Video description:
1981 documentary with australian hypnotherapist Peter Ramster. Filmed live as the research was undertaken. -with a bonus update for Gwen McDonald!-

Four women are regressed to their past lives and then seek out the places they remembered under hypnosis and find the evidence beyond the extent they had imagined.

Cynthia Henderson: Amélie de Cheville whose manor house was Château Cerisy Belle Etoille (now Château Cerisy-Belle-Étoile) in Normandy, France, about two hundred years earlier (died 1763).

Helen Pickering: Doctor James (Archibald) Burns, born in 1807, who studied medicine at Marischal College, Aberdeen then had his own practice in Blairgowrie, Scotland.

Jenny Green: Dorothe Halman, of Düsseldorf, jewish teen girl in nazi Germany during the Holocaust.

Gwen McDonald: Rose Duncan, born in 1765, whose house was Rose Cottage in Somerset, England.

The evidence is extraordinary. The full details of the expedition were written up in the book 'The Search For Lives Past' by Peter Ramster.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

hypermak wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Not having a lot of time these days. I have been following this thread for a while. I think the matter of "happier abroad in Europe" is, like all things, extremely subjective. I sometimes catch up with older stuff in here and read of posters like @Yohan or @MarcosZeitola who were not so happy in Europe and migrated to Asia, posters like @eurobrat who did try Europe without much luck, or other who are European citizens and not planning to move abroad any time soon.

Not to repeat myself, but I think there is a good measure of delusion in Winston's statements about European people being deeper, more intellectual and approachable, as friends at least. They are the same as anywhere else. If you find them in a context where they are more relaxed and open to casual conversations, like during a backpacking holiday or a bar night, then they will project that image to you.

If you then to meet them when real life hits them, when they will be preoccupied with work, family, bills to pay, shit news pouring from TV and the Internet, then you easily realise that the magic is gone. They are back to being distant, standoffish, unapproachable.

I found deep and friendly people in Malta, Spain and even here in the Philippines. I met quite a few Argentinians and Colombians in my professions, both men and women, and - bar very few exceptions - they all come across as snobbish and entitled, especially the Argentinians.

Despite the crippling financial crisis, I think Buenos Aires could still be a pleasant place to live, especially if your income comes from abroad and is to the levels of a country like the US or UK. But then, if you have enough money and you don't have a tiring work schedule (I assume Winston ticks both boxes), then any country, any city, any society is worth exploring and testing for compatibility.

For as much as I would like to chip in with substantial arguments, all I have time to say is: it's all a "do it yourself and see". Winston, apart from your seminal trips to Russia and the Baltics, have you actually lived in Europe lately? Did you hang out in normal social situations, like house/college parties, bars, or your knowledge is limited to online interactions and friendships? Did you meet locals of a city or town, or you met passer-byes in hostels or tourism spots?

All of the above makes a world of difference when it comes to shaping your perception of a group of people, like "the Europeans". Again, my opinion and my opinion alone: people's behaviour doesn't change so much depending on where they come from. It's a globalised world and, especially with the new generations, you won't find much of a difference at all between how a 20-something Romanian or North American or Filipina behaves: it's all social media, appearing, exploring stuff and living in the present.

People's behaviour changes depending on what situation they are in. I have been working in entertainment places for all of my life and I can tell you very confidently: the same people who act so relaxed, nice, polite and friendly in a fine dining venue or a 5-star resort may be the world's worst b*tches in normal life situations.

If you meet them as a happy-go-lucky tourist and are contented with savouring them on those brief occasions, then good for you. The moment you want to establish a longer term relationship, you will have to take them in the context of everyday life, when they won't be the same as during that first encounter.
Sorry I disagree @hypermak. I got evidence to back up my claims too. If you watch my Russia Trip Videos, you will see that on airplane flights, I met plenty of intellectual down to earth Europeans, including Russian guys, Italian guys, German guys, German girls, etc. Some of them are in my videos too. See playlist below:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... WpIi6UMSiF

If you watch the flight video of my 1st and 2nd trips to Russia you can hear me talking to intelligent Europeans on the plane while I'm filming. They were very down to earth. It didn't feel fake and awkward like talking to most Americans. So I got proof that they exist, not just my word.

Now I'm not saying they were geniuses or anything. But they were very down to earth and mature, and had a healthier vibe than the typical American, that's for sure. At least give me that man. These are my honest impressions and you should learn to listen and respect my impressions. I am good at reading people you know. It's one of my fortes.

So yes I speak from first hand experience Hypermak. That's proof to me, despite what you say. You can't deny that. You can't argue with a man's direct experiences.

And yes I've been to college house parties in Krakow, Poland and had fun social interactions there, like with Robert and Daria and Daria's college friends. I hung out with music bands too, and introduced a rock band for Robert to play band in. He became long term friends with the rock band I introduced him to and he is friends with them to this day. I met the rock band on the train when coming back from Auschwitz. Robert ended up performing with them and joining their band. So you see, stuff happens NATURALLY for me in Europe, naturally and with the flow.

Fortunately, I got proof of all this too. See my videos from Poland below, which contain 3+ hours of footage. They contain clips showing you all that I described in the previous paragraph. Please watch them below and note them. (Note at 41:00 in the video you can see me hanging out at a college dorm with Polish college students and drinking with them and joking and laughing with them.)

The reason I made these videos was so that someday when I met skeptics like you, or others, I could show them these videos as PROOF of my claims. Because videos are stronger evidence than words of course. BINGO!

What do you think @Spencer?

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 12:17 pm
Sorry I disagree @hypermak. I got evidence to back up my claims too. If you watch my Russia Trip Videos, you will see that on airplane flights, I met plenty of intellectual down to earth Europeans, including Russian guys, Italian guys, German guys, German girls, etc. Some of them are in my videos too. See playlist below:

If you watch the flight video of my 1st and 2nd trips to Russia you can hear me talking to intelligent Europeans on the plane while I'm filming. They were very down to earth. It didn't feel fake and awkward like talking to most Americans. So I got proof that they exist, not just my word.

Now I'm not saying they were geniuses or anything. But they were very down to earth and mature, and had a healthier vibe than the typical American, that's for sure. At least give me that man. These are my honest impressions and you should learn to listen and respect my impressions. I am good at reading people you know. It's one of my fortes.

So yes I speak from first hand experience Hypermak. That's proof to me, despite what you say. You can't deny that. You can't argue with a man's direct experiences.

And yes I've been to college house parties in Krakow, Poland and had fun social interactions there, like with Robert and Daria and Daria's college friends. I hung out with music bands too, and introduced a rock band for Robert to play band in. He became long term friends with the rock band I introduced him to and he is friends with them to this day. I met the rock band on the train when coming back from Auschwitz. Robert ended up performing with them and joining their band. So you see, stuff happens NATURALLY for me in Europe, naturally and with the flow.

Fortunately, I got proof of all this too. See my videos from Poland below, which contain 3+ hours of footage. They contain clips showing you all that I described in the previous paragraph. Please watch them below and note them. (Note at 41:00 in the video you can see me hanging out at a college dorm with Polish college students and drinking with them and joking and laughing with them.)

The reason I made these videos was so that someday when I met skeptics like you, or others, I could show them these videos as PROOF of my claims. Because videos are stronger evidence than words of course. BINGO!

I am not sure what you disagree with, @Winston. I wasn't saying that you will never feel happier in Europe, or that the vibes are worse than what you found in the US. My point, and a word of caution, was not to confuse random encounters you had as a tourist/backpacker, with fellow tourists/backpackers, with the challenges and problems of living long-term in a European country.

The time difference seems to be substantial, too. When were those videos taken? Looks like you were a good 15 years younger, or more. Europe of 15/20 years ago was a very different place than what it is now. Globalisation flattened up and destroyed a lot of cultural diversity in Europe, and not just in Europe. I can, myself, attest to the fact that human interactions seemed deeper and more genuine 10/15 years ago, when smartphones were only meant to call and text and social media weren't a thing.

I think my final piece of advice on my earlier reply was exactly that: avoid interacting with European people in their daily routines. Perhaps the solution for you to relive those moments would be not to move to a single European city for a long time but just take long backpacking trips across several cities, sightseeing and socialising with fellow tourists. It's 2020 and you're not in your 20s anymore but, if you keep your charming and youthful ways, you may find quite a bit of fun waiting.

That is all I have to add to the topic.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 12:17 pm
hypermak wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Is @Hypermak gaslighting YET AGAIN @Winston? You have to understand that certain individuals who are very dissatisfied with their own lives will tend to hate to see that others are quite satisfied with theirs. So in an effort to dampen their enthusiasm or happiness, they will attempt to convince you that you really are not satisfied, or the positive experiences you've had are not really that remarkable, or what you are describing is simply not true.

Don't even try to explain it to these people (unless you want to have fun exposing them as I do). Theirs is a mission to try to convince you that what you are happy about or successful with is not really anything special, not real, or you are somehow lying about it. Then the conversation goes from your describing all the great experiences you have, to trying to justify everything to them. These people don't want to hear about all the good times and experiences that you are having because they aren't having any themselves!

So no need to PROVE anything here Winston. He is screwing with you because you are obviously happier than he is and that just will never sit well with him.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 4:46 pm
Is @Hypermak gaslighting YET AGAIN @Winston? You have to understand that certain individuals who are very dissatisfied with their own lives will tend to hate to see that others are quite satisfied with theirs. So in an effort to dampen their enthusiasm or happiness, they will attempt to convince you that you really are not satisfied, or the positive experiences you've had are not really that remarkable, or what you are describing is simply not true.

Don't even try to explain it to these people (unless you want to have fun exposing them as I do). Theirs is a mission to try to convince you that what you are happy about or successful with is not really anything special, not real, or you are somehow lying about it. Then the conversation goes from your describing all the great experiences you have, to trying to justify everything to them. These people don't want to hear about all the good times and experiences that you are having because they aren't having any themselves!

So no need to PROVE anything here Winston. He is screwing with you because you are obviously happier than he is and that just will never sit well with him.
If you had the grace of actually reading my post, you would have realised that I wasn't gaslighting him or screwing with him. I was simply stating the fact that
  1. being a happy-go-lucky tourist in 15 years ago Europe is not the same as
  2. living long-term in 2020 Europe, aiming to creating deeper and lasting connections with people, possibly a relationship with a woman.
If you have a history of travelling through Europe, even just Eastern Europe, spanning across many years, as you claim, you should know very well what I mean.

The photos and videos show evidence that @Winston had quite a bit of fun over there but the key thing here is the context: he was 15+ years younger, he was a tourist hanging out with fellow tourists. That's what people usually do in that context and Winston was no exception.

If that's the kind of experience he is looking for, he could do it all over again by backpacking across Europe, hanging out with fellow backpackers and perhaps some random local picked up along the way. He is not so young anymore but, so long he remains curious, charming and open minded, he might well have very similar experiences to those in the videos.

The challenge comes if and when he decides to settle in Europe. That is not the same as being a tourist and hanging out with tourists and random people. You are meeting mostly locals preoccupied with their daily routines. They won't have much (or as much) time to hang out freely and happily. The location is still a European city but the context is completely different.

I am not trying to be a party-pooper here but, being a European and having lived in several European countries, I can say it's not as romantic/nostalgic as Winston wants to make it.

Back to you, you always love to contrast yourself with the "haters", even when there's no hate, just different opinions and facts exposed.