Would Winston be happier abroad in Europe?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Would Winston be happier abroad in Europe?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 4:14 am
You agree right? If so, why do I get the impression that you think that 100 percent of people will only see me once out of superficial hospitality and that's it? You know that life isn't like that right? You're not dumb right? You know that in life, there are some people who will only be friendly one day, and others who will like to see you again more than once and become a friend or whatever, right? That's life and applies to all of us, including you. I'm sure you know that. It's common sense.

So why did you insinuate otherwise? Why do you insinuate extremes? Can you explain or clarify this at least before you quit this discussion, in case I misunderstood you? Did I misunderstand you? This is just my honest question. Thanks for reading my honest question.
Winston I would be careful taking any "advice" from @Hypermak. I have been observing his posting history for some time now and I can tell you with 100% certainty that he is simply not well. That's a pretty serious thing for me to write, I know. But why do I say that? Well, consider his tendencies to repeatedly do the following.

- Invalidation is the process of denying, rejecting or dismissing someone's feelings. The invalidated person will often leave a conversation feeling confused and full of self-doubt. Some individuals knowingly invalidate others as a form of manipulation, control, and psychological injury. Hypermak in this very thread repeatedly invalidates your descriptions of the great times you had in Europe. A healthy person would be glad for you and encourage you to expand on how Europe suits your personality. However, Hypermak was deriding your experiences as tourist-based and trying to convince you that living in Europe would give you a much more negative experience. I can tell you first hand that LIVING in Europe is far more satisfying socially than visiting as a tourist so he is full of negative crap as usual.

- Gaslighting (with continuous negative reinforcement) is manipulating someone by psychological means into questioning their own perceptions of reality. Hypermak, including in this very thread, concocts UNTRUE tales that once you live in Europe permanently, Europeans magically realize this and view you with evil, suspicious eyes, and will treat you with anti-immigrant hatred. This has NEVER been my experience and I am confident that it would not be yours either. He wants you to be wary or not attempt to live in Europe.

My analysis of Hypermak: Two troubling things jump out at me concerning Hypermak.

First, due likely to the fact that he did not enjoy living in Europe, he has taken it upon himself to convince others that they would not enjoy it either. In fact, speaking well of living in Europe triggers him into doubling down about why it would be so bad for you. For example, everyone knows that I have been spending my summers in Ukraine and I LOVE it there. Hypermak was for some reason bothered by this so he came up with a narrative that I was lying about Ukraine because his "Ukrainian colleagues" (I don't believe they even exist) said I could never love it there as a black man and I would be physically attacked by local men there if I were found walking around with young women. What he does not realize is I have been traveling there for YEARS and I have had nothing but positive experiences with the men and the women there when I am with young girls. Again, I see Hypermak as being resentful of my enjoyment of Ukraine so he makes a concerted effort to try to undermine my enjoyment. It is insecurity and envy at the heart of this behavior, and I see him attempting to convince you also that you would not like Europe as you imagine you would. See that behavior of his for what it is worth.

Second, constant negativity of that duration and nature is a symptom of clinical depression. Hypermak can't seem to live with himself unless others take on his negative outlook on everything that other people find enjoyable. They say that misery loves company. I see Hypermak frantically take it upon himself to get others to join him in fear, foreboding, and misery as much as possible.

So do yourself a favor and reject any and all advice from him. Seeking advice from someone with these characteristics will lead you to second guess what you already know to be true for you. And it will also potentially dissuade you from pursuing your European dream altogether. The young man needs help so don't let him pull you down to his level of negativity and personal pain.

I say go back to Europe whenever you can and enjoy the lifestyle there that you enjoyed before. Never let sick people like him tell you they know what is better for you than you!
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on July 25th, 2020, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That's a great psychological analysis Contrarian Expatriate, and Hypermak's actions and words do seem to fit the analysis that you outline.

But I don't get something. If he didn't enjoy living in London or Italy, why didn't he try other parts of Europe, like Central Europe or Eastern Europe? There are many other countries in Europe with varying degrees of friendliness. In Poland I saw older British men able to find Polish girlfriend there. So SE Asia is not the only HA location, there are others too. So why didn't Hypermak seek other HA locations in other parts of Europe, since we all agree that Europe is not all the same.

Even I don't generalize the whole USA as the same. I only speak of West Coast USA where I grew up and spent the most time. But I acknowledge that not of the US is the same. But I'd imagine there is more variety of cultures in different countries of Europe than in different states of the USA. Wouldn't you agree CE?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 1:52 pm
That's a great psychological analysis Contrarian Expatriate, and Hypermak's actions and words do seem to fit the analysis that you outline.

But I don't get something. If he didn't enjoy living in London or Italy, why didn't he try other parts of Europe, like Central Europe or Eastern Europe? There are many other countries in Europe with varying degrees of friendliness. In Poland I saw older British men able to find Polish girlfriend there. So SE Asia is not the only HA location, there are others too. So why didn't Hypermak seek other HA locations in other parts of Europe, since we all agree that Europe is not all the same.

Even I don't generalize the whole USA as the same. I only speak of West Coast USA where I grew up and spent the most time. But I acknowledge that not of the US is the same. But I'd imagine there is more variety of cultures in different countries of Europe than in different states of the USA. Wouldn't you agree CE?
I would agree that he overgeneralizes Europe, but that suits his "naysaying agenda." No one ever accused psychologically unwell people of being logical.

Although @Hypermak will deny it, he likely had a horrible existence living in Europe. That being the case, he moved away and tries to convince others of how bad they would have it there.

I am quite certain that I am more traveled in Europe than Hypermak. Consequently, I can tell you that you cannot paint Europe with a broad brush of negativity as he does. He simply does not WANT you to enjoy Europe because he likely could not.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 5:00 am
Winston I would be careful taking any "advice" from @Hypermak. I have been observing his posting history for some time now and I can tell you with 100% certainty that he is simply not well. That's a pretty serious thing for me to write, I know. But why do I say that? Well, consider his tendencies to repeatedly do the following.
Woah, that's rich, coming from you, man. :D

A psychological profiling coming from a textbook case of delusions of grandeur (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose ... l%20theme.), a pathetic, senile "fake till you make it" "successful" entrepreneur whose narrative is maybe 10% true, on a good day.
- Invalidation is the process of denying, rejecting or dismissing someone's feelings. The invalidated person will often leave a conversation feeling confused and full of self-doubt. Some individuals knowingly invalidate others as a form of manipulation, control, and psychological injury. Hypermak in this very thread repeatedly invalidates your descriptions of the great times you had in Europe. A healthy person would be glad for you and encourage you to expand on how Europe suits your personality. However, Hypermak was deriding your experiences as tourist-based and trying to convince you that living in Europe would give you a much more negative experience. I can tell you first hand that LIVING in Europe is far more satisfying socially than visiting as a tourist so he is full of negative crap as usual.
The only thing I have ever been rejecting and dismissing, not without entertainment and pleasure, is the absolutely gigantic amount of BS you lay at every single post of yours. You're a government officer but you've been living in Europe for years, you have income streams from multiple businesses but all you can mention are a bunch of phony business gurus, whose followers are - no surprise - typical chest-pumping "I'm king of the world" types like you. You are surrounded by Ukrainian "9s and 10s" whom you can keep on the leash with a few hundred dollars a month but quite a few locals laughed it off as a pathetic fantasy of yours.

So I am sorry, I don't buy any of it. If @Winston or someone else does, good for you, it means that your ego can continue to feed on their validation. Not mine, though.

I am a European citizen, have been living in and around Europe for most of my life, and I can tell Winston and you that living in Europe is no dream, especially in this delicate junction of history (Covid, rise of unemployment and crises, populism and geopolitical tensions at the seams, etc.).

I am intrigued by your line of thinking. Living in Europe is "far more satisfying socially" than where? The US? An African impoverished village? The Philippines?

Living anywhere in the world is more satisfying if one doesn't have to work a single day, doesn't have to live any of the daily routine of an average working citizen, and has 3 or 4,000 dollars a month to spend. They have time to walk around the beautiful architecture, read good books, learn the local language, eat the food they want without having to cook and wash after them, hang around different groups of people until they find "a fit", et cetera.

I don't know Winston and his personal story well enough to give specific advice. All I know is what transpires from his past posts and his continuous complaining about Taiwan, the Philippines, China, etc. As a European I know, for a fact, that living in Europe when you have to live like an average European is no heaven and certainly not much better than living anywhere else.

What makes the difference is not the piazzas and monuments around you, or the percentage of hot girls walking down the streets, it's the fact that you can live in Europe like a forever tourist: without working and with plenty of money, versus having to find a 9-5 job, worrty about bills to pay, and have limited time to socialize.

And where have I not advised Winston to hit Russia or Eastern Europe to get another shot of those fun times as a tourist? I have written that on every single post on the topic, go and read back if you're not sure. The extra bit I did is give him a dose or realism to temper his expectations, probably sweetened up by nostalgia and naivety.

Trying to be objective, out of experience, might have not come down well with him, that's understandable. Yet, it's still much better than giving sugarcoated advice based on experiences that have been, mostly, happening in your deluded mind. A delusional individual like you cannot produce sound advice, grounded in reality. He can only produce more of the "everything is gonna be alright", optimistic at all costs kind of narrative.
- Gaslighting (with continuous negative reinforcement) is manipulating someone by psychological means into questioning their own perceptions of reality. Hypermak, including in this very thread, concocts UNTRUE tales that once you live in Europe permanently, Europeans magically realize this and view you with evil, suspicious eyes, and will treat you with anti-immigrant hatred. This has NEVER been my experience and I am confident that it would not be yours either. He wants you to be wary or not attempt to live in Europe.
I have never said that Europeans will see Winston with "evil, suspicious eyes". You always make sh*t up but at least try to quote correctly. All I initially said is that, if he settles permanently in Europe, he will have to find a job, pay bills and go through his daily chores like everybody else in Europe. He will find a few friends and maybe a relationship with a woman but he will have to earn whatever he gets, pretty much the same way the average European does. He will go through the same pros and cons of routine life in Europe, which I can't compare with life in the US since I have never lived there, but certainly is not the paradise Winston seems to remember.
My analysis of Hypermak: Two troubling things jump out at me concerning Hypermak.
LOL thanks Doc, you just saved me thousands in medical bills :D
First, due likely to the fact that he did not enjoy living in Europe, he has taken it upon himself to convince others that they would not enjoy it either. In fact, speaking well of living in Europe triggers him into doubling down about why it would be so bad for you. For example, everyone knows that I have been spending my summers in Ukraine and I LOVE it there. Hypermak was for some reason bothered by this so he came up with a narrative that I was lying about Ukraine because his "Ukrainian colleagues" (I don't believe they even exist) said I could never love it there as a black man and I would be physically attacked by local men there if I were found walking around with young women. What he does not realize is I have been traveling there for YEARS and I have had nothing but positive experiences with the men and the women there when I am with young girls. Again, I see Hypermak as being resentful of my enjoyment of Ukraine so he makes a concerted effort to try to undermine my enjoyment. It is insecurity and envy at the heart of this behavior, and I see him attempting to convince you also that you would not like Europe as you imagine you would. See that behavior of his for what it is worth.

Second, constant negativity of that duration and nature is a symptom of clinical depression. Hypermak can't seem to live with himself unless others take on his negative outlook on everything that other people find enjoyable. They say that misery loves company. I see Hypermak frantically take it upon himself to get others to join him in fear, foreboding, and misery as much as possible.

So do yourself a favor and reject any and all advice from him. Seeking advice from someone with these characteristics will lead you to second guess what you already know to be true for you. And it will also potentially dissuade you from pursuing your European dream altogether. The young man needs help so don't let him pull you down to his level of negativity and personal pain.
Again, laying BS along the path. What makes you so sure I never enjoyed living in Europe? I had most of my life and career there and this stint in Manila is my first one outside Europe. In a couple of years I might be in Dubai, or Tokyo, or back home, for what I know. That wouldn't mean that I hated Manila. Common sense understanding is beyond you?

I have to keep repeating myself: you loved Ukraine because you were spending your pension dollars like a king. What made your experience enjoyable is the fact that you didn't have to work and had as much free time and money as you wanted. Under those circumstances you could have enjoyed life anywhere in the world where cost of living is not sky-high.

I told you many times, what I don't like about you is that, for every ounce of real life experience, you have to throw in a pound of arrogance and braggadocio. Nothing wrong in buying companionship and sex in Ukraine, but don't make it sound you're the ultimate king of the jungle. Else you do attract criticism and derision, and you can't call people negative and sick when that happens. They're simply pointing the fingers to you and say "the emperor has no clothes" (thanks for correcting me on that saying, by the way).

By all means let's leave Winston to pursue his "European dream", which everyone is entitled to. We wouldn't act as friends and supporters, though, if we didn't give him a measure of realism to prepare them to the "soft landing" when they wake up from the dream and have to face reality.

Giving him forcefully positive advice based on experiences that are very particular to you (forever tourist on passive income) and don't capture the reality of everyday life, is quite bad. I am not saying you don't have good intentions, but giving someone false expectations is probably just as bad as pissing on his parade with overly critical (or "negative") advice.
I say go back to Europe whenever you can and enjoy the lifestyle there that you enjoyed before. Never let sick people like him tell you they know what is better for you than you!
Wasn't that my conclusion too, dumbass?! 8)
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
That's a great psychological analysis Contrarian Expatriate, and Hypermak's actions and words do seem to fit the theory/hypothesis that you outline.
Yeah, great analysis, too bad it doesn't explain anything about me :)

Maybe it's an American cultural tendency, that of always falling for the sugarcoated narrative that "everything is good" and "yes, you can live the dream, too". Any suggestion to balance your view with some realism and worst-case-scenario thinking is dismissed as "negativity". This is definitely a trait most of us Europeans don't have.

Besides, you understand that it's a bit illogical to ask European HA members for an opinion and then dismiss that opinion when it comes? I now understand why @publicduende was disappointed about giving you advice on the same topic and cannot be bothered to be back here.

Sorry to sound a bit harsh, Winston, but for how much you say you resonate and have a deep connection with Europeans, you really reason like the quintessential American :)
Winston wrote:
Maybe it's because it's not true that I didn't enjoy living in London or Italy?! I am not the only culinary professional who likes to move around, to enjoy new experiences while furthering their career. It's a tough profession and this is one of the few perks: portability. Being in the Philippines right now doesn't imply that I hated living in Italy, London or Valletta. I might be somewhere else in one or two years.

I might well be back in Europe in a year or two. My contract is until end of 2021. I am actually eyeing Japan for a potential next experience.

If you care to know, I had some sad news from my brother just the other day. My uncle, who manages one of our restaurants, has cancer and needs urgent medical attention. I certainly don't hope for the worst but, if he were to pass away, there would be a bit of a hole in our family management and I might have to be back home to help out. Life is not always predictable and may always lead us to choice outside of our control.
Winston wrote:
Quite the opposite Winston: what I told you about Europe can be generalised to the entire world. If you settle in any part of the world, expect the pros and the cons. That is, unless you have a lifestyle that resembles that of a tourist, more than a resident: no need to work, plenty of free time and money. My base case was that of someone who moves to Europe to live like an average European.
Last edited by hypermak on July 25th, 2020, 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

July 25th, 2020, 2:35 pm
I would agree that he overgeneralizes Europe, but that suits his "naysaying agenda." No one ever accused psychologically unwell people of being logical.

Although @Hypermak will deny it, he likely had a horrible existence living in Europe. That being the case, he moved away and tries to convince others of how bad they would have it there.

I am quite certain that I am more traveled in Europe than Hypermak. Consequently, I can tell you that you cannot paint Europe with a broad brush of negativity as he does. He simply does not WANT you to enjoy Europe because he likely could not.
I believe I have been as clear as I could possibly be (with my written English being the limit). You or Winston don't have a monopoly of logic. What seems logical to you isn't necessarily logical for everyone else, especially if their premises are different.

I had a normal existence living in Europe. Certainly I didn't live like a tourist the whole time as I had a job to do. In 20 years or so I might be retired or have my business on autopilot and I may be enjoying travelling freely and idly. "Normal" doesn't mean "horrible". Ups and downs, sure. But not "horrible".

And again, I have never told Winston not to enjoy Europe as much as he wants to. He just needs to be aware of the ups and downs of routine life. Of course if he is family rich or he gets $5,000 of ad revenue from this forum, he will be able to enjoy anywhere. But that's not the case I was making.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
Well ok Hypermak. If you think this debate/discussion is getting circular, you are free to quit it.

But I have one more question I want to ask you, for clarification, if you don't mind.
I don't mind, Winston, but you understand that trying to give you a realistic picture is walking on eggshells. You only seem to take extremely positive and optimistic opinions, whether they are genuine or not. If that's your style, there is little point in me trying to be objective.
Winston wrote:
You seem to insinuate that in Europe, people are superficially friendly to you if you are just passing through and will show you around and have coffee or dinner with you, and then forget you the next day. In other words, you seem to imply that everyone you meet will just be "temporarily hospitable" to you, as if that is a 100 percent rule. Did I interpret you right?

That is where I would contest you, based on real life experience and common sense. There is 100 percent in social interactions. In real life, there are always those you meet who are superfically friendly to you for one or two days. And there are always locals who like you who will hang out with you more than once or see you regularly and consider you either a friend or a local hang out buddy.
What I told you is that, if you are a tourist and living a lifestyle of partying and socialising, you will be much more likely to find people who are in "party mode", friendly, jovial and ready to share a fun night with you. Some of them might be fellow tourists or foreigners, some of them might be locals.

All I told you is that you can't assume that, because this or that European city has a good tourist/foreigner scene, means that you can have that kind of lifestyle when you stop being a tourist. The difference is, in fact, not even in the time you spend in that location, it depends on the way you settle.

If you have a substantial passive income, as I seem to understand, and can afford to go out and enjoy your day without having to worry about working, paying bills, doing the house chores, etc. then by all means you will be a "forever tourist". The moment you step down that platform and start living like an average Czech, Ukranian or Spanish resident, much of the magic wanes. I have never lived in the US but I can imagine that, if you have to live on a salary and enjoy good weather, good infrastructure and good food and wine, perhaps California or Florida would be a better choice than Russia.

So my conclusion is: if you can afford to be a forever tourist, then most places in the world will be ripe with fun, discovery and socialising. If you live like a resident, like perhaps 95% of the foreigners who move to a location for good, then ups and downs will have to be expected.

I hope this is sufficiently clear.
Winston wrote:
In Angeles City, I meet some tourists passing through whom I see once and go bar hopping with once, and never see again. And there are local expats, military vets, American men, etc that meet me and like me or find me interesting that want to see me again and meet again. And they will reply to me everytime I send them sms or a text on messenger.
I have never been to Angeles but, from what they told me, it's the ultimate enclave of retirees living off their modest pensions and enjoying cheap prostitutes. I can imagine most of these people have a relatively idle life of sex, booze and boredom. Someone with not much else to do will probably be happy to engage with you at every opportunity.
Winston wrote:
So in real life, some people you see only once, others you see regularly who are glad to hang out with you, etc. I'm sure you know that. But in all your posts above, you seem to imply that everyone I meet in Europe will only be superficially nice and only want to see me once. That's simply bogus. There is no basis for that. I'm sure you know better than that. But you keep implying that in your posts. Why? Can you clarify this one point at least before you go?

Now it is true that not everyone can be your close friends. Most people you meet in travels or in life will only be an acquaintance. That's true of life in general. No one has time to be close friends with hundreds of people. You can at most have a maximum of only 3 or 4 close friends. However, even so, I can and do meet people who want to see me regularly more than once. The percentages vary of course, depending on the place.

You are partially right in that many girls are only friendly superficially to a foreign male stranger and will only go out with you once or twice, and then after that will have no more time and go back to their regular life. Especially girls from Couchsurfing or Hospitality Club. I experienced that in Russia and Eastern Europe too. But that doesn't mean 100 percent of girls will do that, or 100 percent of local Europeans will do that. Plus there are always men and older people who are more down to earth who will have more time to hang out regularly and have deep talks, just as I experience in Angeles City with older American military vets who are retired and down to earth and hate feminism too, like we do.

You agree right? If so, why do I get the impression that you think that 100 percent of people will only see me once out of superficial hospitality and that's it? You know that life isn't like that right? You're not dumb right? You know that in life, there are some people who will only be friendly one day, and others who will like to see you again more than once and become a friend or whatever, right? That's life and applies to all of us, including you. I'm sure you know that. It's common sense.

So why did you insinuate otherwise? Why do you insinuate extremes? Can you explain or clarify this at least before you quit this discussion, in case I misunderstood you? Did I misunderstand you? This is just my honest question. Thanks for reading my honest question.
I think our big misunderstanding here is about what you expect from the people you interact with. If you are happy with hanging out with fellow tourists and the odd local, enjoying the moment, you can have plenty of that in Europe and not just in Europe, anywhere in the world. You can continue seeing those men and women, at least for as long as you stick to the same city.

All I was saying is that, if you are planning to settle and become a resident, you will likely end feeling like a tourist and enter a lifestyle that is much more similar to the locals. You will realise that the job you work will make you tired to go out every night, you will realise that the people you hang out with also have their own daily matters to attend to, you will realise that the same people who were happily sharing a beer with you might also feel tired, depressed, not in the mood for fun.

In other words, you will lead a normal life.

Now, if you are telling me that you have enough saved up, or in trust fund on your name, or your online activities are making you enough cash so you don't have to work for the rest of your life and can enjoy being a forever tourist, then there is little point discussing whether you will enjoy Europe more than SEA or Latin America.

Under those conditions you can enjoy anywhere in the world. You can sip a mojito in Bogota one week and a have goulash in Budapest the following week. Being stress free and always in the mood for partying will always attract you more girls and, as long as you are careful in pushing away the users and the scammers, you will always have a chance that that encounter will lead to something special.

If you are a deep conversationalist, you will find opportunity to talk about spirituality, esotericism and conspiracy theories to anyone, so long they are have time available. I am actually not buying your idea that Europeans are "old souls" and better at talking about non-mainstream topics.

One thing I can attest, and you have been constantly showing here, is that we Europeans tend to look at the positives and the negatives of life, of what's happening to us and outside us. We are much less likely that you North Americans to buy Hollywood style stories of wealth, success and unlimited fun. We don't like the "happy at all cost" mentality. We don't fall so easily for that "fake till you make it" attitude. When it's time to be moody because reality isn't a rainbow-colored dream, we face reality and feel miserable about it. When it's time to be jolly, we try to enjoy.
Last edited by hypermak on July 25th, 2020, 9:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 7:57 pm
July 25th, 2020, 2:35 pm

I believe I have been as clear as I could possibly be (with my written English being the limit). You or Winston don't have a monopoly of logic. What seems logical to you isn't necessarily logical for everyone else, especially if their premises are different.

I had a normal existence living in Europe. Certainly I didn't live like a tourist the whole time as I had a job to do. In 20 years or so I might be retired or have my business on autopilot and I may be enjoying travelling freely and idly. "Normal" doesn't mean "horrible". Ups and downs, sure. But not "horrible".

And again, I have never told Winston not to enjoy Europe as much as he wants to. He just needs to be aware of the ups and downs of routine life. Of course if he is family rich or he gets $5,000 of ad revenue from this forum, he will be able to enjoy anywhere. But that's not the case I was making.
Just get yourself some professional help or expect to pay the consequences. You are "disturbed" and everyone can see it but you.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

July 25th, 2020, 8:25 pm
Just get yourself some professional help or expect to pay the consequences. You are "disturbed" and everyone can see it but you.
Thanks again Doc. Send me the bill to the usual address.

Tell me something, did you have the same success in people believing your tall tales in other forums? If so, can you point me to your posts anywhere else on the Internet, where people were ready and happy to gobble up your stores without a hint of skepticism, or criticism?

If not, this is a free corner of the Web are you're free to pose as whoever you want. You will also have to "pay the consequences" when someone doesn't buy it. Simple as that.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 8:30 pm
July 25th, 2020, 8:25 pm
Thanks again Doc. Send me the bill to the usual address.

Tell me something, did you have the same success in people believing your tall tales in other forums? If so, can you point me to your posts anywhere else on the Internet, where people were ready and happy to gobble up your stores without a hint of skepticism, or criticism?

If not, this is a free corner of the Web are you're free to pose as whoever you want. You will also have to "pay the consequences" when someone doesn't buy it. Simple as that.
Just go get some help. You really need it....
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

July 25th, 2020, 8:43 pm
Yes, thanks for helping...

And you haven't answered my question. The only playground for your delusions of grandeur is this forum. Not the best starting point to give advice to anyone, anyway.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 8:49 pm
July 25th, 2020, 8:43 pm
Yes, thanks for helping...

And you haven't answered my question. The only playground for your delusions of grandeur is this forum. Not the best starting point to give advice to anyone, anyway.

Speaking of giving advice, I think high it's time for me to do a thread on improving men's mental health, with you as an in-house case study. Thanks for the idea....
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

July 25th, 2020, 9:11 pm
Speaking of giving advice, I think high it's time for me to do a thread on improving men's mental health, with you as an in-house case study. Thanks for the idea....
Great idea! I am sure everyone is looking forward to learning from your "100% real life experience, money back guaranteed"! :D
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 9:15 pm
July 25th, 2020, 9:11 pm
Great idea! I am sure everyone is looking forward to learning from your "100% real life experience, money back guaranteed"! :D
Well, there’s going to be plenty to write about, from raging as Public Duende, to melting down as Hypermak, to the specific issues that set you off on obsessive tirades. You might stand to realize some things you never before knew.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

July 25th, 2020, 9:55 pm
Well, there’s going to be plenty to write about, from raging as Public Duende, to melting down as Hypermak, to the specific issues that set you off on obsessive tirades. You might stand to realize some things you never before knew.
I am all ears, my erudite friend. As if talking about imaginary stories involving imaginary people doing imaginary stuff would have anything more than fictional, entertainment value.

But sure, continue on this path of creating an alternative reality for yourself, and then lecturing others about it. You're not exacty shining as a well-adjusted, mentally healthy man. If you weren't 50-something I would have dismissed you as a troll, a keyboard warrior. The fact you have that age and still feed on this delusional lifestyle is what worries me. Unlike me, you have nobody else than yourself to take care of you. Unless your posh pension also involves mental care in one of those private clinics.

The only one who melts down when he's nailed to his own bullshite is you, until proven wrong. If, when talking about Europe, Winston or XYZ prefers to listen to the dreamy narrative of a senile sexpat from the US rather than a normal European chap, it's their choice. I am just laying down some very obvious facts.