Why am I overly sensitive to sudden sounds and interruptions that others can ignore or filter out?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why am I overly sensitive to sudden sounds and interruptions that others can ignore or filter out?

Post by Winston »

I asked Alex for his take on whether my soul is American or European.

[6/29, 6:36 PM] Alex From Venice: the only thing I dare to say is that American culture is more prone to pragmatism
[6/29, 6:36 PM] Alex From Venice: priority goes to what is useful for a given purpose
[6/29, 6:38 PM] Alex From Venice: less philosophy more action
[6/29, 6:39 PM] Alex From Venice: in this aspect you are less close to the American stereotypes that I know, and maybe more near to a classic culture, which isn't anymore much in Europe too

[6/29, 7:34 PM] Winston Wu: Thats true. Except for Hollywood. American movies put out a lot of fantasy and sci fi. And American authors write a lot of fantasy too. And Americans are into stuff like UFOs and ghosts too. But thats a subculture of America. The mainstream culture is very pragmatic and materialistic and all about financial success and business success.
[6/29, 7:35 PM] Winston Wu: Would I have fit into the Italian Renaissance era?

[6/29, 7:36 PM] Alex From Venice: Yes. I think so
[6/29, 7:37 PM] Alex From Venice: you are more like an "old soul"
[6/29, 7:37 PM] Alex From Venice: like me
[6/29, 7:37 PM] Alex From Venice: that's why you are my brother in soul 😉
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne