A f***er has something to say

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
odbo
Veteran Poster

A f***er has something to say

Post by odbo »

Being on this forum has been an interesting experience for me. All my life I was respectful to people and generally eloquent or at least comprehensible. Since i came on here I've done nothing but rage. When raging against American society at least there's a therapeutic value in that. But raging against other people for being stupid, that was a kind of test for me. Everyone is a product of this inflated self-esteem social engineering program. I thought calling people idiots might be what they needed. I certainly don't get any pleasure from putting people down. I use insults simply as adjectives.

I'm not so sure if their ignorance can be helped, so it probably doesn't matter either way how I talk to people. But being respectful certainly can't be a bad thing, even among idiots talking about utter nonsense. What I really wanted is for someone to call me an idiot when it was warranted. Unfortunately the only people who have raised their voices are the biggest cretins of this forum, [1st place] globetrotter, [2nd place] well-informed, [3rd place] erikheaven, and the way they called me out didn't satisfy! It wasn't about my logic, more about my perceived character, or the subject (not the content) of my posts. Cheap shots about "faggot" this and "negativity" and "conspiracy theorist" that, spawning largely from rationalizations which smack of self-guilt and denial, though occasionally petty grudges too.

So in conclusion I'd like to say, admitting to yourself once in a while that you're a f***ing jackass is a healthy exercise and I'd like to ask you slightly less dim-witted posters to call me on my bullshit more often and in a less.. Confucian.. manner. :)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

hmmm very interesting post. i believe it it is an affirmation so yeah sure.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

I believe you odbo, to be the more honest one among the more active members here.
When it comes to the real issues facing everyone(and not just a bunch of people in one country/isolated space like some believe), I believe your ability to speak up and bring attention to these matters instead of just ignoring them is quite admirable.

However in such a position, you'll be attacked by many people, some of them not even "real", if you get my drift. Your best bet is to ignore them and have a high sense of self. AFAIC, you can't reason with a beast.

Just my opinion though.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

ssjparris wrote:hmmm very interesting post. i believe it it is an affirmation so yeah sure.
I believe this is sarcasm. And what do you mean by affirmation. Please try to keep posts above 1 line, we know your time is valuable oh great one, but half-assed responses don't bring any value to the discussion or other people reading. That goes for when you're on other sites as well. I'm sick and tired of seeing 1 lined comments everywhere I go. Watch a documentary on youtube, and the first comment below the video will be some jerkoff with a "this is full of lies" comment. What exactly does that mean? Who does it help? Are we supposed to take their word for it? It's egocentric behavior at its best, (or a paid troll spreading disinfo). Either make some claims like "this isn't true BECAUSE ....." or keep your mouth shut. You don't have to write every thought that comes to your mind!

I long wondered about the agenda of, and psychology behind, comment sections and sites like yelp.com and their huge growth in popularity the last few years.

Now everyone has a voice. Problem is people don't have a personal opinion about anything, but they think they do. You know when you hear someone (in public) cussing something out like a politician or political party, then you go up to them and ask for a deeper explanation and they just stutter and say "oh I don't really know." People today don't have any convictions, they don't have any opinions, they have inflated egos with predictable views and responses to everything.

What a great system the social engineers have devised! People are effectively spewing nonsense which doesn't belong to them and which they put no thought into, but when someone calls them on their nonsense, (when online not in person), the inflated ego comes in and shuts down any possibility that they are mistaken. You can't call them idiots, because of the ego. You can't have a discussion because the ego won't even allow them to analyze their opinions. They will call you an idiot if you don't have the same authorized viewpoint.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Hey odbo. I often think you are too extreme (to the point of being paranoid) but sometimes agree on the underlying theme of your ideas. I also believe you are a very prolific poster who adds a lot of value to the forum by contributing some interesting and/or entertaining food-for-thought vids, ideas, etc. I know some take offense to your posts or even take them as personal attacks. But you are actually pretty tame with your words IMO. BTW, Globe is long gone.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

You know what Linux you're right

I'm sorry........ i'm sorry that you're the biggest piece of crap in the face of the earth. BAAAAAH YOU f***ing SHEEP !!!!!

Return to “Self-Improvement and Motivational Psychology”