Why am I intimidated by typical macho guy talk?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Winston
Site Admin

Why am I intimidated by typical macho guy talk?

Post by Winston »

How come when a group of typical Western guys get together and do the typical macho guy talk when there are no women around, I can never vibe or flow with it? Is it cause I'm too feminine or something? Are most guys able to flow with that?

To me, it seems barbaric and feels intimidating and invalidating when I get stuck with guys who act and talk like that. I'm talking about the way guys act in the locker room, army, etc. They show it all the time in army movies like "Platoon" and "Full Metal Jacket".

Some of it is just simple horseplay. But the way they act is like they are saying, "being an uncaring asshole is cool and whoever is the bigger asshole is cooler." Do you know what I mean? It feels like being nice, decent or intelligent has no value among such talk.

How come that makes me uncomfortable since that is so typical guy-ish? (or typical Western guy-ish at least) Is there something wrong with me?

Any of you feel the same way?

I don't understand why guys have to act and talk like that, as though it were part of their instinctive nature. How come it's not part of my nature? Is it cause I'm not masculine or not a real guy?

If everyone seems weird around me, does that mean that they are weird or I am weird? I always ask myself that when I feel invalidated in a group.

This is why I generally avoid groups of male friends, and feel more comfortable around female friends, even if they're just friends. I don't usually hang with a guy unless he is rational, intelligent and is stimulating to talk to. Otherwise, what's the point, if you have nothing in common with them and they intimidate you with typical guy macho talk? Know what I mean?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Maybe you should stop being a vegetarian and eat some fish. Start pumping iron, once you rediscover testosterone it will help you fit in better. But macho talk like they did in the 80s is not a natural phenomenon and very boorish.