Understanding Introverts - Myth vs. Reality

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Italianman
Freshman Poster

Re: Understanding Introverts - Myth vs. Reality

Post by Italianman »

Nothing to understand. Introversion is caused by the same thing that causes Asperger Syndrome, which is intestinal bacteria, fungi (candida / yeast) imbalances.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Keanu Reeves has become the internet’s crush, whether he knows it or not. Normally on the channel, we cover extroverted celebrities, who charm in larger, obvious ways. What’s amazing about Keanu (aside from the fact that he’s 54 and looks 34) is that he is massively popular in spite of his reclusive and more introverted nature.

So in this video, we are going to explore why Keanu is so popular, and what you can learn to exude incredible charisma as an introvert.

0:31 - Reason #1: He directs praise towards others.
2:05 - Reason #2: He exudes zen-like presence.
3:15 - Reason #3: He uses enthusiastic hand gestures.
5:12 - Reason #4: He embraces his type.
7:03 - Reason #5: He lives generously.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Ex-Google TechLead reveals the truth about introverts and extroverts.

I
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The introvert thing is a myth. I find that introverts are more social and open to me. Because they dont try to conform to cliques and copy the crowd. So they are more likely to do something unconventional like socialize with a stranger which in many places is taboo.

Introverts also value authenticity more so if u are authentic they are more comfortable talking to u. An extrovert will be put off if u violate social norms or political correctness. So its not true that extroverts are more open or social in my experience.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Reminds me of "you shy you die"
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Being Shy is Being Selfish | Ellen Schnur & Jim Mecir | TEDxIIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npJ2_79ZxqY
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Question. Since I care about social connection a lot that means I can't be a true introvert right? Am I neither introvert or extrovert? An extrovert conforms to the majority so I can't be that either right? Do introverts suffer from loneliness the way I do?

Since I don't like being a hermit or loner I can't be a real introvert right? However I'm not a conformist either so I can't be a true extrovert either. So what am I then? Am I a blend of both or neither?

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Mercer wrote:
March 23rd, 2023, 10:23 am
Winston wrote:
March 23rd, 2023, 2:07 am
Question. Since I care about social connection a lot that means I can't be a true introvert right? Am I neither introvert or extrovert? An extrovert conforms to the majority so I can't be that either right? Do introverts suffer from loneliness the way I do?

Since I don't like being a hermit or loner I can't be a real introvert right? However I'm not a conformist either so I can't be a true extrovert either. So what am I then? Am I a blend of both or neither?
I don't know if anyone is really an introvert, @Winston. When you and @Kangarunner did a video together you were talking for hours and had interesting things to say so you weren't introverted there. But if you were around normies who just talked about retarded things like gossip, woke Netflix shows, and were mean to you because you are ugly then you would be an introvert because they're not saying anything interesting and they're being assholes. It seems like anyone in America who doesn't shut the f**k up and talks about mindless bullshit nonstop is considered a weird introvert which would be different in other cultures. It seems like you are just a normal masculine guy. Men who talk nonstop are like women who don't know when to shut the f**k up. "Extroverted men" are really just feminine men who take on a feminine personality like that.
Yep. Most Americans talk about about inane, politically correct, sh*t. Anything else is out of their level of understanding. I think we place too much expectations on the normies and we don't fit into their vision while they don't fit into ours. But you gotta interact and do business with the normies, so what can we do?

On the flipside, If there are majority of population that thinks like we do in Happierabroad and minority of population that talks about inane sh*t, then "they" will be branded as social outcasts and we become the normies.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

There are no absolute introverts or absolute extroverts. Every person is a mix of both. America makes some people think they're introverts because they've been socially excluded and they spend too much time alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.