Backpacking will make you a man

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Re: Backpacking will make you a man

Post by Nailer »

royaldude wrote:
September 11th, 2012, 2:41 pm
i cant stress enough the value of backpacking. some relate this to camping but the two could not be more different. with camping you can bring a cooler full of meat and beers and sleep in a 20lbs tent. backpacking brings you back to your natural state. thats right some 300 generations ago we were all part of hunter gather societies. when you go backpacking you only bring the essentials and you face the elements like your ancestors did. i was boy scout and the first backpacking trip i had pushed me to the limits. i was young 13 but i carried a 50bs pack (i was only 120lbs) through rain and walked up a mountain. i made my tent in the rain, cooked in the rain and loved every second of it. it was a complete diversion from my comfortable life in suburbia. when i went back to school on monday i knew i was opperating on a different level than my classmates.
i had one merit badge which was wilderness survival. basically you have to build a shelter out of wood using a pocket knife. the night i did it there was a lot of raiin i could hear kids in the backround screaming and crying as their makeshift shelter fell on them. it was hardcore as these kids had to ruff it out till the morning. anyway it was an examlple of the elements at play.
conversely living in mexico also makes me more adaptable and stronger. i am used to shit that is unthinkable to americans. when i get on public transprort i am packed like a sardine(im standing with my head bent over in vw van with no where to sit usually). when i lived in the philippines i experienced hrs without power.
eating at fancy restuarants is bullshit. i remember taking a canoe trip to canada it was 2 wks and by the end we were tired of packaged meals. we ened up killing a snake with a large rock. i remember cooking it in crisco and to this day it was one of the best meals i ever had.
point is try and live without and you will grow in ways you could only imagine
Why are men expected to do all this extreme shit in order to be considered "a real man"? Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be if women were writing articles saying "sewing 1000 pairs of mittens will make you a REAL WOMAN! Of course you don't deserve a husband, you haven't become a REAL WOMAN yet!"

You are a man by birth. There is an inherit amount of respect that you deserve by that. Of course, men are treated like dog shit in America and you can't self-improve your way out of that. You don't need to earn anything, automatic respect is yours, on account of the role you play in society. I can't stand this manosphere self-improvement type shit. You guys are so delusional. It's obvious those people have self-esteems that are in the gutter.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Backpacking will make you a man
As The Dude would say, that and a pair of testicles.
walrusface
Freshman Poster

Post by walrusface »

Nailer wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 7:11 pm

Why are men expected to do all this extreme shit in order to be considered "a real man"? Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be if women were writing articles saying "sewing 1000 pairs of mittens will make you a REAL WOMAN! Of course you don't deserve a husband, you haven't become a REAL WOMAN yet!"

You are a man by birth. There is an inherit amount of respect that you deserve by that. Of course, men are treated like dog shit in America and you can't self-improve your way out of that. You don't need to earn anything, automatic respect is yours, on account of the role you play in society. I can't stand this manosphere self-improvement type shit. You guys are so delusional. It's obvious those people have self-esteems that are in the gutter.
Yeah, you never hear women criticized for not being a 'real woman'. There isn't such a phrase as 'woman up'. Yet there appears to be a standard men have to live up to in order to be a 'real man'. I've never bought into it, really. I do what I want.

A real man is....

An adult male. Simple as that.
Politically incorrect comics at www.minds.com/SlapdashComix
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

walrusface wrote:
September 28th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Nailer wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 7:11 pm

Yeah, you never hear women criticized for not being a 'real woman'.
You will do in my world! :lol:
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

It's funny to see this thread title next to the Spoilt princess backpacking abroad thread. Do you think backpacking might turn her into a man?