Intelligent People Have Fewer Friends, Here's Why

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Intelligent People Have Fewer Friends, Here's Why

Post by Winston »

Why having a high IQ means you will probably have a rotten life

https://youtu.be/XbOu-QxtbI4
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Intelligent People Have Fewer Friends, Here's Why

Post by yick »

I think there is a difference between having the ability to make lots of friends and a 'need for company'.

Some people have personal qualities that attract other people and they are able to maintain friendships - obviously this is a minority of people who have the looks, personality, social standing and energy to be able to do this.

The people who I feel who probably aren't very high on the intellect spectrum are people who have a need for company, even with people they don't particularly like - I would say more intelligent people have less need for the company of people they don't like nor care for and have the intellectual ability to spend time on their own and enjoy it. Stupid people do not - there are many homes up and down any land that do not have a book inside the house and tend to get 'lonely' easier.

I have to say - I have met quite a few expat teachers who hang around people they don't particularly like and wouldn't hang out with if they were back home where friendship options are plenty - they tend to be women as well. I don't know if there is a link there.