Great video about the dangers of Self Help

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Re: Great video about the dangers of Self Help

Post by hypermak »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 10:57 pm
Hey Mammone, Don't you have some carrots and lettuce to slice and a breakfast bar to clean for the morning?

I can see why your family and "friends" encouraged you to leave Italy. It's a much better country without you there. :lol:

It's so easy to get you all furious. All that is needed is to tell you the truth.
Hi Negrone, did you finish your day at the cotton field? When you finish come here and fill up the basin with soapy water. You have 5 people whose feet need be washed clean.

See how stupid is, to play with stereotypes.

I am not furious, I am amused and entertained. I can go like this all day. :D :D

Is it "the truth" or "your truth"? It's plain for everyone to see.

The fact you jumped at the jugular when I tried to back some (well laid) criticism towards the self-help industry just proves that you and your BS mindset is but a product of that industry. I guess you read "game" books to take your chances at the Ukrainian babes. Books about the evil of marriage, the evil of giving the least human touch to anyone but yourself.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:01 pm
CE, what does it matter if hypermak is a chef? As long as he's doing what he loves and what hes good at, that's what counts isn't it? And if he feels more free in philippines then thats good isnt it? Why not uplift him and let him be the best he can be? He's doing a lot better than the whiners and rioters in the US thats for sure.
Hypermak has the personality profile of one who suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He has an inflated sense of himself (when he is nothing in the eyes of accomplished people) and he goes absolutely ballistic when he is challenged or criticized.

That tells me he knows he's low-tier and he hates to be reminded of it.

Unlike many others here, I personally don't find anything very positive or uplifting about the guy. He is a blue pilled simp in my book and those people are on the side of evil in this day and age.

If he can't take the heat of being beaten up with words, he should not try to attack people on threads he finds disagreeable.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hypermak,
I agree with you. But where do you and CE conflict? I mean why can't he let you enjoy your life as a chef in the Philippines, without it conflicting with his sugar daddy life in Europe? I dont see the necessary conflict. What is he trying to change? Why does he need to change people?

Why can't CE just acknowledge that marriage may be right for some men but not for everyone? And leave it at that? That would be the reasonable view. Why does he need everyone to follow one path and one way like a fundamentalist? Why do you threaten his reality hypermak?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:09 pm
Hypermak,
I agree with you. But where do you and CE conflict? I mean why can't he let you enjoy your life as a chef in the Philippines, without it conflicting with his sugar daddy life in Europe? I dont see the necessary conflict. What is he trying to change? Why does he need to change people?

Why can't CE just acknowledge that marriage may be right for some men but not for everyone? And leave it at that? That would be the reasonable view. Why does he need everyone to follow one path and one way like a fundamentalist? Why do you threaten his reality hypermak?
I think you should take his side because I have been wiping him around the floor like the mop he uses to clean the kitchen.

But it would be nice if he stops derailing my Sugar Baby discussions like a psychopathic retard who can't seem to get his way. That's what started me ripping him a new one from the inside out.

He gets extremely angry then tries to say he's humored. I see right thru that fakery. :lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

June 18th, 2020, 11:09 pm
Winston wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:01 pm
CE, what does it matter if hypermak is a chef? As long as he's doing what he loves and what hes good at, that's what counts isn't it? And if he feels more free in philippines then thats good isnt it? Why not uplift him and let him be the best he can be? He's doing a lot better than the whiners and rioters in the US thats for sure.
Hypermak has the personality profile of one who suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He has an inflated sense of himself (when he is nothing in the eyes of accomplished people) and he goes absolutely ballistic when he is challenged or criticized.

That tells me he knows he's low-tier and he hates to be reminded of it.

Unlike many others here, I personally don't find anything very positive or uplifting about the guy. He is a blue pilled simp in my book and those people are on the side of evil in this day and age.

If he can't take the heat of being beaten up with words, he should not try to attack people on threads he finds disagreeable.
But CE. Thats your opinion. Not fact like 2+2=4. You can't state it as fact or truth.

As long as hes doing what he loves then hes blessed. Because most people don't have that luxury of doing what they love.

So why are you trying to bring him down? Why not be happy and let him be happy too? Wheres the conflict of interest?

If he insulted you, where? Are you sure it was unprovoked? A nice pleasant fellow doesnt attack random people like you for no reason unless provoked.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I didn't say i was taking anyone's side CE. I just dont understand why you would attack an innocent nice guy who is cheerful, pleasant and friendly. He must have rubbed you the wrong way somewhere. Maybe he criticized your sugar daddy lifestyle or something? If so then he too should let you be happy doing what you think is right. At least you two arent enslaved in corporate america.

Remember the reason America doesnt feel free is because your consciousness is controlled in America. Not because government is doing anything to you. If your consciousness or soul feels freer abroad then you've done it. More power to you.

Why doesnt the media give the happier abroad solution some attention now since there are so many disenfranchised people in America now?

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:30 pm
I didn't say i was taking anyone's side CE. I just dont understand why you would attack an innocent nice guy who is cheerful, pleasant and friendly.
You are a lot of positive things Winston, a good judge of character is not one of those things. Hypermak is a psychopath who I love to trigger into a frenzy. I have a lot of experience with people of his ilk, and he reacts very predictably. The guy doesn't fool me for a minute and that is why he reacts so vociferously because I know how to whip these types around when they get out of pocket.

I just wonder how the people who have to work with him manage that persona. Must be really a chore. Whatever the case, some Italians somewhere were smart to get rid of him.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

@Contrarian Expatriate

If you think I am the psychopath here, let's review our posts, including our exchanges, and see who of us:
  • introduces himself as a source of "masculine" wisdom, due to some superior knowledge taken from years of intense travelling, reading and learning - then the only sources he can give away are some random YouTube videos and links to fringe blogs
  • bashes on anything anyone says, that is remotely conflicting with his opinion, started verbal fights and is hated by virtually everyone on this forum
  • never loses a chance to show off his alleged class, wealth, and success yet loses his fuse extremely easily and resorts to petty insults and low blows whenever someone hints at the fact that he might not be as consistent and credible as he think he is
  • has an almost pathologically inflated opinion of himself and his achievements when, at least so long as he keeps using an anonymous forum like this and doesn't provide any proof, or at least a half-credible story, he sounds like a keyboard warrior or a troll
  • prefers bragging about his imaginary life and criticises people's real lives
@Winston, feel free to create a survey asking fellow Members who fits best the above definitions. Of course I have my opinion but, by all means, it's just an opinion.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

June 18th, 2020, 11:23 pm
But it would be nice if he stops derailing my Sugar Baby discussions like a psychopathic retard who can't seem to get his way. That's what started me ripping him a new one from the inside out.
LOL that's laughable because those particular 2 or 3 threads ended up with not a single one of us believing your bullsh*t, even those (like @Shemp) who gave you the benefit of the doubt. I even tried to genuinely understand your point and take the discussion on more polite tones, until you probably woke up on a bad day and reverted back to mocking and insulting. Go and re-read the posts if you have time.

You haven't mopped the floor with anyone. You just made a fool of yourself and preferred to stop talking about it. Again, your made up reality is what you need to survive. To live this kind of existence in your mid-50s, it's really something pitiful, literally. At least some of us are actually abroad. You sound like you're just locked in your basement constantly feeding yourself with BS taken from the web.

You couldn't be a better testimonial for the video in the OP, the dangers of building this "money, success and happiness at all costs" mentality on very fragile grounds. It takes so little for your "certainties" to be shaken. So little.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

hypermak, is it true that you are against CE's sugar daddy lifestyle? If so why? Shouldn't he be happy doing what he wants to do, as long as he doesn't hurt anyone and as long as its between consenting adults? Why can't CE and you both respect each other's life and path? I don't understand. Maybe you misunderstood each other or rubbed each other the wrong way? Sometimes, people can insult each other without knowing it or meaning to. It's subconscious.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

hypermak wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 5:39 am
A great video about the dangers of getting hooked on self help material, which often leads to losing your mind (and finances) to this or that self-help "guru" who promises to change your life forever, or get you rich quick, or wanted by all the hot girls, or all of the above at the same time!

Great narration, perhaps genuinely coming from the vlogger's personal experience, and great editing.

Personally, I have never believed in any of that. The only thing I believe in is to know yourself, your achievements and your failures, your potential and your limits, and learn to be contented with it. Not all can become trillionaires within their lifetime, not all can have a harem of underwear models on a rota, not all can be loved and respected by everyone.

There is only so much we can do...and that's OK. At least we will have been ourselves. And that is, in this time and age, a lot more more than we can imagine.
This is a very good video. And goes to show why the self-help industry, although it has some good advice, also contains a lot of BS and misleading claims, which may make you feel good for a while, but they also delude you from reality. And once reality hits, you will hit rock bottom in depression and have to consume more self-help media and literature, hence the cycle continues. So like drugs, it eventually fades off and sends you into withdrawal.

@Darrell_Johnston you definitely need to see that video, since you bought into the self-help lie and you keep fudging semantics about it too. It will dispel all your delusions and illusions about it.

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 1:05 am
hypermak, is it true that you are against CE's sugar daddy lifestyle? If so why? Shouldn't he be happy doing what he wants to do, as long as he doesn't hurt anyone and as long as its between consenting adults? Why can't CE and you both respect each other's life and path? I don't understand. Maybe you misunderstood each other or rubbed each other the wrong way? Sometimes, people can insult each other without knowing it or meaning to. It's subconscious.
@Winston not at all. I am against @Contrarian Expatriate peddling his lifestyle as if it's the ultimate sign of wealth, success and masculinity. And anyone who doesn't embrace it or has some criticism is labeled a Blue Pill simp, a cuck, a retard, a psychopath, and so on. If you read his posts on the "GF allowance" thread, you will see how he mocks me simply because I say that, however much NSA fun I am having at the moment, I would love to have a stable relationship if and when I find the right girl for me, marriage being an option. He mocks and insults @MrMan and his wife simply because he says he is happily married and his wife shows none of the bad qualities CE thinks all women have, or should have for the simple fact that they are women.

Opinions are OK, I would respect CE's opinion as I would respect yours and anybody else's. It becomes annoying, and then pathetic, when someone's opinions are elevated to ultimate wisdom and damn be whoever doesn't share or bow to them.

To top up, if CE's stories were at least believable, we would probably take them into serious consideration. A black, overweight and probably not so attractive American man in his mid 50s who doesn't speak any Russian and can keep multiple Kiev college-age hotties (he says "8s and 9s") on a Sugar Daddy rota with maybe a couple hundred dollars a month. Really? I asked an Ukrainian guy who works with me and he almost choked laughing, He said if a creep like that were to be even seen making indecent proposals to young girls, he would be beaten to a pulp by the girl's friends first, and some local policeman after. I never added this because it sounds racist but yes, he confirmed me that virtually none in Ukraine likes black men. If I ever wanted more confirmation that CE's are just tall tales from a frustrated retiree who feeds on his BS reality, perhaps also thanks to the abundant "neo-masculinity" self-help material available online, and comes in here to look for validation, that would be it.

Even @Shemp who I think has some experience with Eastern European girls, gave him some interest, then ended up calling on his BS like everybody else and ended up on CE's blacklist, like 90% of HA.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 2:44 am
Winston wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 1:05 am
@Winston not at all. I am against @Contrarian Expatriate peddling his lifestyle as if it's the ultimate sign of wealth, success and masculinity. And anyone who doesn't embrace it or has some criticism is labeled a Blue Pill simp, a cuck, a retard, a psychopath, and so on. If you read his posts on the "GF allowance" thread, you will see how he mocks me simply because I say that, however much NSA fun I am having at the moment, I would love to have a stable relationship if and when I find the right girl for me, marriage being an option. He mocks and insults @MrMan and his wife simply because he says he is happily married and his wife shows none of the bad qualities CE thinks all women have, or should have for the simple fact that they are women.

Opinions are OK, I would respect CE's opinion as I would respect yours and anybody else's. It becomes annoying, and then pathetic, when someone's opinions are elevated to ultimate wisdom and damn be whoever doesn't share or bow to them.

To top up, if CE's stories were at least believable, we would probably take them into serious consideration. A black, overweight and probably not so attractive American man in his mid 50s who doesn't speak any Russian and can keep multiple Kiev college-age hotties (he says "8s and 9s") on a Sugar Daddy rota with maybe a couple hundred dollars a month. Really? I asked an Ukrainian guy who works with me and he almost choked laughing, He said if a creep like that were to be even seen making indecent proposals to young girls, he would be beaten to a pulp by the girl's friends first, and some local policeman after. I never added this because it sounds racist but yes, he confirmed me that virtually none in Ukraine likes black men. If I ever wanted more confirmation that CE's are just tall tales from a frustrated retiree who feeds on his BS reality, perhaps also thanks to the abundant "neo-masculinity" self-help material available online, and comes in here to look for validation, that would be it.

Even @Shemp who I think has some experience with Eastern European girls, gave him some interest, then ended up calling on his BS like everybody else and ended up on CE's blacklist, like 90% of HA.
This world and this forum are full of people who stand for negative energies and positive energies. You, and a small handful of equally disturbed posters are full of fear-based, envy-based, and narcissism-based negative energy.

I love to trigger your type into a delirious frenzy because it shows others how you are and just how unhinged you can be.

You’re not a happy person, and that’s ok because lot’s of people suffer from that. But when you attempt to use you personal fears, your insecurities, and you inadequacies to attack those who you can’t measure up to, expect to get your feelings hurt as they obviously are.

And by the way, this forum is made up of hordes of amazing people. It is only the sick, instable, or demented personalities that get treated harshly. You reap what you sow in life so go run along before you get your fragile psyche destroyed beyond repair.
Das verlorene Reich
Freshman Poster

Post by Das verlorene Reich »

In my opinion the main wrongs of self-help are one that it became an industry, ie it is based upon the worse of American culture, and two that just like with politics people believe words and refuse to take actions.

The "be successful", which means having a stereotypical corporate management job or being your typical lawyer/physician/scientist to make money you won't be able to enjoy due to you being a work-slave, "be confident", and "reach happiness" (as if it was something clear) is just an other American lie. And if so much self-help exists, guess what it's because almost noone reaches happiness those days (saying "I'm happy" doesn't matter if internally you feel useless and empty), let alone having money and "high value" jobs. Seeing oneself as good only if you have said car said house and earn said amount of money is damn shallow. And this is pretty much what the self-help industry is all-about, giving shallow advice to empty people.

The best self-help is to be curious, search for the "hows" and "whys" and needs of your life to then gather knowledge and ACT UPON IT. Learning things doesn't matter if you never translate words into action. But most people are lazy or afraid and prefer to be fed empty words to "feel good" as one does when drinking or taking a drug shot. That's the problem of all this world of ideologies that are based on basically "the truth is what we want it to be" and "perception shapes reality". It's perception that is shaped by reality, not the other way around.

I struggled myself for years because of that mentality of "learning and listening is enough". But no, you can spend years in officer schools and be the most terrible of leaders when you get sent on the battlefield. Practice and acts are key. Sure there are some self-help books and videos that are gems out there (they are difficult to find though, as lost in the pile of shit of mainstream self-help as they are) but once digested content must be acted upon. And self-help gurus are just an other bunch of American modeled psychopaths who know they can gain money from exploiting others' suffering.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Winston wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 9:12 pm
Contrarian Expatriate and Spencer,

Why are you so hard on hypermak? He never did anything to you. He seems polite and positive. So why you bashing him? That's not logical or warranted. Why you attacking him for no reason and unprovoked? It seems totally unwarranted. He seems like a nice intelligent cheerful pleasant fellow. Thus you guys must be lashing out at something in your own mind, not in reality. It is wrong to attack innnocent well meaning people don't you think?

Please try to uplift people here so this forum can be a POSITIVE place, not a negative one. Thanks.
Wiseton my hero, sorry my express not clear.....in real i uplift pduende (hypermak) by fight badman contarian and even request ban of contrarian because he bully the pduende in his fiction character hypermak.

So I make advising to pduende to go back to realself and stop charade so contarian get bored have not way to fight older busnessman like he bully young chefman who is fiction but contrarian too dumwit to understand and contarian only talk but never listen....

wiseton pduende is back so we only need make him feel comfort enough to unveil the thin camofluage and be the new improved pduende then never again badman loser contarian dare to bully....

remember wiseton you are the master truther and truth will set you free so pduende come back as real self and we welecom you with big italian tears and hugs and even kisses and your redemption comes here from being truth to self and please pduende/hyperduende share your success for engagement to be maryman with foreign girl same mrman and against all contarian badman sayings
Last edited by Spencer on June 19th, 2020, 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen