Psychology Today: The Rise of Lonely, Single Men

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Psychology Today: The Rise of Lonely, Single Men

Post by Traveler »

"Men need to address their deficits to meet healthier relationship expectations....

"Younger and middle-aged men are the loneliest they’ve been in generations, and it’s probably going to get worse.... I hear recurring dating themes from women between the ages of 25 and 45: They prefer men who are emotionally available, who are good communicators, and who share their values.... For men, this means a relationship skills gap that, if not addressed, will likely lead to fewer dating opportunities and longer periods of being single. There's less patience for poor communication skills today.... Level up your mental health game. That means getting into some individual therapy to address your skills gap. It means valuing your own internal world and respecting your ideas enough to communicate them effectively. It means seeing intimacy, romance, and emotional connection as worthy of your time and effort.... Men have a key role in this transformation but only if they go all-in. It’s going to take that kind of commitment to themselves, to their mental health, and to the kind of love they want to generate in the world. Will we step up?"
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... single-men

Is therapy the answer?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Psychology Today: The Rise of Lonely, Single Men

Post by Cornfed »

Traveler wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 12:19 pm
Is therapy the answer?
Presumably if you have the right mindset then females will all magically stop being sluts married to the regime, the economy will magically radically change back to an idealized version of what it was 60 years ago, the anti-family court and pigs doing their evil bidding will instantly evaporate and all will be well.
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Post by CaptainSkelebob »

This is the truth
Its like changing your job. You have to update your skills to stay in the game.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Traveler wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 12:19 pm
"Men need to address their deficits to meet healthier relationship expectations....

"Younger and middle-aged men are the loneliest they’ve been in generations, and it’s probably going to get worse.... I hear recurring dating themes from women between the ages of 25 and 45: They prefer men who are emotionally available, who are good communicators, and who share their values.... For men, this means a relationship skills gap that, if not addressed, will likely lead to fewer dating opportunities and longer periods of being single. There's less patience for poor communication skills today.... Level up your mental health game. That means getting into some individual therapy to address your skills gap. It means valuing your own internal world and respecting your ideas enough to communicate them effectively. It means seeing intimacy, romance, and emotional connection as worthy of your time and effort.... Men have a key role in this transformation but only if they go all-in. It’s going to take that kind of commitment to themselves, to their mental health, and to the kind of love they want to generate in the world. Will we step up?"
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... single-men

Is therapy the answer?
@Traveler
Interesting post.
Re: therapy, in theory, it could help, I just hesitate because so much "therapy" in these times is infused with some kind of totally counterproductive indoctrination, not to mention driving everyone nuts physiologically/chemically as well by getting them hooked on "meds," but what you quoted there sounded fairly reasonable...

Reading success and goal achievement books and PUA/seduction stuff to get good at scoring women that way would be my preference.
I don't personally know any men who have been in therapy. I think @WanderingProtagonist mentioned he'd tried it, but if I remember rightly he didn't sound too crazy about it...
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Mercer wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 5:37 pm
Not to mention they prescribe horrible medications that ruin your libido and make you a zombie. It only works for NPC sheep that go along with anything. There are real reasons as to why this is happening but no braindead therapist will tell you the truth.
I don't agree that someone who reaches out for help with therapy is a "loser" (though I've never done so because I already knew about Freudianism and such and figured they'd be clueless at best, totally counterproductive more likely), however I've heard the same thing about the plague of f***ed "meds" that completely screw people up mentally and chemically, including f***ing up people's sexual health.
I haven't studied it, but I wouldn't be surprised if "meds" are contributing a lot to this utterly weird plague of homosexuals and transgenders....

Once I got my clock cleaned doing some boxing practice and thought it was funny at the time, but I ended up with a bit of dizziness spells and decided to get my head checked out at the University clinic since it was free to me as a student, because I think I had a mild concussion. There wasn't anything really noticeably wrong with me, but without it having anything to do with me getting my head busted (LOL), the doctor tried to give me some kind of a sample packet of some stuff called (if I remember right) Zoloft or something like that. I asked what it did, and he gave some explanation that sounded specious enough, but without taking anyway I looked up this "med," and read people describing how they were all f***ed up after taking it and hearing voices and !@#$ if they took that crap. I threw that crap away, LOL. I've never been on any other kind of "meds" but I heard huge percentages of the population are addicted to anti-anxiety and anti-depressant drugs.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

WilliamSmith wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 5:56 pm
Mercer wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 5:37 pm
Not to mention they prescribe horrible medications that ruin your libido and make you a zombie. It only works for NPC sheep that go along with anything. There are real reasons as to why this is happening but no braindead therapist will tell you the truth.
I don't agree that someone who reaches out for help with therapy is a "loser" (though I've never done so because I already knew about Freudianism and such and figured they'd be clueless at best, totally counterproductive more likely), however I've heard the same thing about the plague of f***ed "meds" that completely screw people up mentally and chemically, including f***ing up people's sexual health.
I haven't studied it, but I wouldn't be surprised if "meds" are contributing a lot to this utterly weird plague of homosexuals and transgenders....

Once I got my clock cleaned doing some boxing practice and thought it was funny at the time, but I ended up with a bit of dizziness spells and decided to get my head checked out at the University clinic since it was free to me as a student, because I think I had a mild concussion. There wasn't anything really noticeably wrong with me, but without it having anything to do with me getting my head busted (LOL), the doctor tried to give me some kind of a sample packet of some stuff called (if I remember right) Zoloft or something like that. I asked what it did, and he gave some explanation that sounded specious enough, but without taking anyway I looked up this "med," and read people describing how they were all f***ed up after taking it and hearing voices and !@#$ if they took that crap. I threw that crap away, LOL. I've never been on any other kind of "meds" but I heard huge percentages of the population are addicted to anti-anxiety and anti-depressant drugs.
homosexuality and transgenderism just makes it easier to take over a nation. Once you have enough men choosing to go this route, you will be able to overthrow it without any struggle. Kind of like how Japan has to depend on America for defense even though no one is ever going to really attack them. At least not with military force anyway, Japan is weak as hell mentally, and physically so attacking them would be like stealing from a baby. I doubt a single man in that nation would be willing to die for it, the old would be useless, the women would be useless, and the men would just stand arund unsure as to what to do since their warrior spirit has been raped out of them since the end of WWII. So when they were forced to surrender, America was able to do what they wanted to them.

As far as therapy and medication go I did all these things for my irritability, depression, and just overall problems in general. I use to be able to just go to my mother and talk to her when I was dealing with a problem, but as she got older and older, every time I went to her for advice or something she would say "Pray to GOD, if God can't do it no one else can. Believe in GOD and he will bring you happiness." Every time she did this it was just her telling me "I can't help, I don't know what to do."

And that always made me feel so damn vulnerable considering she was the only person I could even go to at all. I couldn't go to my aunt since she was always the type of person that was incapable of helping anyone at all, or any of my cousins because none of them would care. I remember telling my oldest cousin how I wanted to kill myself because I was sick of being poor and never being able to get anywhere in life.

Once my uncle suggested I join the army and told me in a mean spirited way on facebook to stop whining and join the army when I was complaining about my lack of work opportunities back in 2011 when I use to use FB. So I got pissed off at him and said some mean shit to him because he was being an asshole and suggesting I join the shitty-ass U.S. army as if that was a good idea to deal with my situation. But I do know I've had all sorts of struggles and told my brother a few times if I were to ever face homelessness one day or imprisonment for any given reason at all, I'd just end myself rather than beg someone to save and help me. Because I'm not going to be one of those people who got screwed over so hard by life they are willing to just accept that failure. This is why I get so pissed off at cuckoldry-type men, they embrace failure like it's a good thing and they get off on self-defeat.

One thing I use to do is abuse anti-depressants like crazy. One day I went to my doctor feeling jittery, shaky, and scared. The sad thing is my doctor is a female that looks like an Indian or Middle Eastern but she's got this whole liberal/leftist thing going on if you were to listen to the way she talks, the things she says, how she looks at you. She looks like a straight-up leftist but without the colored hair and what but damn I hate her. But in California a lot of doctors have like this leftist thing going on. It's just the way they talk to you, how they give advice, and everything. I know for a fact most psychiatrists are liberal acting. I had one that spoke to me in such a cold, and careless way like she had no soul or compassion at all for me that it was like I had to tell her "why are you even wasting your time talking to me if you don't care you callous ass leftist?"

I didn't say the last part to her but I wanted to. I've had so many cold and heartless medical professionals in my life that I just hate going. They often treat you as if you are faking your health issues sometimes too. That's not to say a conservative acting doctor would be any better or nicer because I am willing to bet they would treat me the same way, like dog shit. I once had a female doctor that was so mean to me I told her assistance "I want to punch her in the face." You should see have seen how she looked at me, she had that terror look in her eyes but that's how I felt toward the doctor when she kept talking to me with a shitty attitude and all the doctors I've had were always women. Didn't matter if they were black women, white women Latino, or some foreign female from abroad they all had shit attitudes and acted like they wish they would stab me with a scalpel even though I never gave any of them a hard time, never raised my voice or anything at them and they just always came off as mean spirited for no reason. And I'm thinking they pay you, people, too much money to be mistreating someone all because you suck at every other aspect of life, including your medical professional one. I had only one female therapist that treated me well but even after awhile, I stopped going to see her because I kept feeling as if she was getting tired of seeing me come into her office. One day she had a very bored look in her eyes like "no him again." But it could of just been stress.