Should I cut my losses with Ethereum or HODL for the long-term?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Should I cut my losses with Ethereum or HODL for the long-term?

Post by Tsar »

Ethereum. Purchased early...

Instead, it crashes another $100... figure not so bad... crypto is volatile...

Crashes even more this morning...then more...and now it is near $1800...

If I didn't purchase early and kept my on the books market order, I would only have a 7.5%-10% loss and +25% more Ethereum...

Ethereum has a proof of stake concept so it isn't going to ever be completely worthless...

Bitcoin HODLers won out from 2017-2021... Ethereum is predicted by major banks to surpass Bitcoin...

I don't need the money immediately, it is like a lottery ticket that doesn't expire, and I might die so why should I care about losing money which is now completely part of the Rothschild financial matrix of control (paper, bytes, and credit)...

If it dropped so I had a 33%-40% loss... obviously, I will be a HODLer...

Last time I sold when it crashed, it skyrocketed and then I sold when it reached another level after buy a higher price. Thought about buying again at $2,500 before it went past $4,000 but didn't like the price.

Still, unless the interest rate is more than 7% that Ethereum pays and national debt goes down, makes sense to hold some crypto and transporting a code abroad is easier than transporting gold or cash when going through customs...

If Ethereum did go to $20,000 or $50,000 then I would be set for life if still alive and healthy... which I seriously might die and I am not healthy at the moment...but even if I wasn't healthy, I could pay an assistant or servant to carry things, hold things, drive me around, and the best doctors in cash in the world to fix me to a decent level (and to put me first above any other patient since I would also bribe them).
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Decu
Freshman Poster

Re: Should I cut my losses with Ethereum or HODL for the long-term?

Post by Decu »

Tsar wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 4:16 pm
Ethereum. Purchased early...

Instead, it crashes another $100... figure not so bad... crypto is volatile...

Crashes even more this morning...then more...and now it is near $1800...

If I didn't purchase early and kept my on the books market order, I would only have a 7.5%-10% loss and +25% more Ethereum...

Ethereum has a proof of stake concept so it isn't going to ever be completely worthless... That is why I prefer to stake it at https://p2p.org/ where at get 3.9% easily.

Bitcoin HODLers won out from 2017-2021... Ethereum is predicted by major banks to surpass Bitcoin...

I don't need the money immediately, it is like a lottery ticket that doesn't expire, and I might die so why should I care about losing money which is now completely part of the Rothschild financial matrix of control (paper, bytes, and credit)...

If it dropped so I had a 33%-40% loss... obviously, I will be a HODLer...

Last time I sold when it crashed, it skyrocketed and then I sold when it reached another level after buy a higher price. Thought about buying again at $2,500 before it went past $4,000 but didn't like the price.

Still, unless the interest rate is more than 7% that Ethereum pays and national debt goes down, makes sense to hold some crypto and transporting a code abroad is easier than transporting gold or cash when going through customs...

If Ethereum did go to $20,000 or $50,000 then I would be set for life if still alive and healthy... which I seriously might die and I am not healthy at the moment...but even if I wasn't healthy, I could pay an assistant or servant to carry things, hold things, drive me around, and the best doctors in cash in the world to fix me to a decent level (and to put me first above any other patient since I would also bribe them).
Ethereum even now in 2022 hasn’t shifted to POS. If you think that after the Merge the price will skyrocket then you are an utter optimist :) have a look at other PoS blockchains like Solana or Polkadot. Do they cost 20k per coin?
Last edited by Decu on August 31st, 2022, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should I cut my losses with Ethereum or HODL for the long-term?

Post by Cornfed »

I'm hoping that this defective legacy platform will collapse entirely so real smart contract blockchains can replace it.