Be a Minimalist... The Path to Wealth

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Minimalism is the path to intelligence as well. This was Bruce Lee's philosophy, very Asian, Taoist type stuff. First one is ignorant. Then one accumulates knowledge. These two categories are where most people fit. However, just accumulating knowledge restricts spontaneous action. The key is to discard useless knowledge. You end up in a state similar to ignorance, where you rely on your instincts. However, by acquiring knowledge and discarding waste, your instincts have become very polished. You know with a certainty all you need for action and are not restricted by over thinking. This is why Bruce Lee commit hearsay and studied multiple schools of martial arts, taking the best bits of each one and discarding useless moves.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Way ahead of all of you bros. I haven't bought any iStuff, DVD's or in fact anything at all really this year.

As a result I've just quit my job and I'm going to go live in China for... quite a while.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

xiongmao, maybe i am ahead of you, bro. i am living in turkey. i don´t even have a job. just hanging around in the family flat and keeping things veery simple. yeah.

so i already made the move and given up everything what i had in germany...besides my german passport lol
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

i live in a favela for about $133 usd a month with only an electricbill that is about $16 used a month since we don't pay for water.i have a labtop a cell phone and a psp my clothes and thats it.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

skateboardstephen wrote:i live in a favela for about $133 usd a month with only an electricbill that is about $16 used a month since we don't pay for water.i have a labtop a cell phone and a psp my clothes and thats it.
Just curious, were you accepted quickly in the favela? When I was in Rio, I took an organized favela tour. Quite fascinating!
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

skateboard, wtf are you doing in a favela? that sounds incredible. anyway you beat us all :)
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

lwow, look at this pictures of rooms. check the slideshow. very minimalistic and masculine. i like this stuff who is with me?

http://www.zeit.de/lebensart/2013-02/fs ... 9#comments

here some pictures of church in brutalism style:

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Be a Minimalist... The Path to Wealth

Post by Winston »

The less you want, the more you have. Minimalist philosophy.

Why letting go is true wealth.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this Backwards Law by Alan Watts where the more you try to get something the less you get it, because the universe likes to give you the opposite of what you want. A kind of Murphy's Law. I thought I was the only one who experienced this?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow I didn't know an Asian woman could ever be a minimalist. Usually they are super materialistic. Why can't I date a minimalist Asian girl like this?

Why Less Is More - A Monk Explains Minimalism

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How to worry less about money.

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Winston wrote:
June 18th, 2021, 1:08 am
Wow I didn't know an Asian woman could ever be a minimalist. Usually they are super materialistic. Why can't I date a minimalist Asian girl like this?

She's not a minimalist. I've watched her videos and it's very clear that she's an "actor" on Youtube to with a very good scheme to make money. Her videos are her spouting off "minimalism" talking points and using her looks combined with excellent videography to bring in tons of views and subscribers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

kangarunner wrote:
January 19th, 2022, 11:54 pm
Winston wrote:

She's not a minimalist. I've watched her videos and it's very clear that she's an "actor" on Youtube to with a very good scheme to make money. Her videos are her spouting off "minimalism" talking points and using her looks combined with excellent videography to bring in tons of views and subscribers.
That seems to be prevalent on Youtube these days...
Stranton
Freshman Poster

Post by Stranton »

HenryGeorge wrote:
January 20th, 2022, 11:09 am
kangarunner wrote:
January 19th, 2022, 11:54 pm
Winston wrote:
Wow I didn't know an Asian woman could ever be a minimalist. Usually they are super materialistic. Once I moved in with an Asian girl and I must say that she used just tons of different stuff. At the end of every month I literally contacted these guys https://anylondonwaste.co.uk/ to take out all that rubbish?

That seems to be prevalent on Youtube these days...
If I am not mistaken but Steve Jobs was a minimalist. I guess that this living philosophy makes much sense.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

royaldude wrote:
September 10th, 2012, 9:38 pm
i doubt many members or guests who haven´t seen FIGHT CLUB but the underlying message of that flim is against consumerism. the idea that the shit you own will complete you has and will always be shit. BUT yet it is a hard message to rally against. I for the record have and do own a nice apartment. i sold my nice furniture when i offically made the move abroad and currently dont own a car(i sold that too). BUT living without my u.s. comforts has not made me less happy, infact i am far happier since i made the move abroad with just 2 bags, selling or storing{with family no costs) everything else. you cant imagine the freedom this gives you not just physically but mentally. at risk of sounding horribly cliche "the stuff you own ends up owning you" is as true a statement as you will find. good luck and good bless those who also find minimalism.
I never understood why people like cars. It takes up a huge amount of space and (forgot the word) you can't make it smaller and restore the size of it (retractable)
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.