Ideas for portable small business?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Regarding the OP question, there are a lot of ways to make money online. The simplest and less expensive way to get started is with affiliate marketing, where you sell other people's products/services for a commission. Products can be ebooks, courses, cds, dvds, or consulting or anything in between or even promoting up coming seminars/live events for big name companies/marketers. Commissions can range from anywhere between 40-100% with the average being 50%. And product prices can range anywhere between a cheap 14.95 all the way to 25k. I have been doing affiliate marketing for a few years and with the right product/service and company, it can be a very sweet deal. My preference lies in the higher end/high ticket items with high commissions of 1k, 2k, 3k and more per sale.

This is a great way to build not only an online biz but also to build a recurring, passive income and it can be run from anywhere in the world. Give it a serious look and it can be a wise move!
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

zboy1 wrote:
mguy wrote:Im opening a food franchise in the PI. Actually it started operations today, so we'll see what happens.

The interesting thing is I am still stateside and things are handled through my VA.
Really? Can you explain the process for us? I would really like to know since I'm a veteran myself.
VA = virtual assistant

The process is this in idea form

1.) Talk to franchisee
2.) Pay Locator
3.) Commit and pay franchisee and one month lease on location
4.) Kiosk arrives and initial stocks

I pay my employee very little, and the franchisee handles all those details. I probably ended up paying 20% more for them to do the groundwork and had several virtual assistants really keep me updated on the movements. VA calls them everyday and logs conversation for me. VA also tracks and researches and legality that I may need. VAs are basically my presence on the ground and I pay them something like ten bucks a week. lolz
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

mguy wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
mguy wrote:Im opening a food franchise in the PI. Actually it started operations today, so we'll see what happens.

The interesting thing is I am still stateside and things are handled through my VA.
Really? Can you explain the process for us? I would really like to know since I'm a veteran myself.
VA = virtual assistant

The process is this in idea form

1.) Talk to franchisee
2.) Pay Locator
3.) Commit and pay franchisee and one month lease on location
4.) Kiosk arrives and initial stocks

I pay my employee very little, and the franchisee handles all those details. I probably ended up paying 20% more for them to do the groundwork and had several virtual assistants really keep me updated on the movements. VA calls them everyday and logs conversation for me. VA also tracks and researches and legality that I may need. VAs are basically my presence on the ground and I pay them something like ten bucks a week. lolz
VA's are dirt cheap in PI and take care of all your backoffice stuff easily. They work great for blogs and ecommerce sites too. For example if you links on a subject for a blog post, you can instruct your VA to locate all the various sites. You can also use them to contact interviewees ahead of time so you have them on a schedule.

If you want to learn more about VA's from somebody that uses them and pays them a fair wage (he used US based VA's) check out Cliff's series of podcast on the subject - http://www.virtualassistantpodcast.com/
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Yeah they are pretty cheap. But you must have work to go around for them to do.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

mguy wrote:Yeah they are pretty cheap. But you must have work to go around for them to do.
Why would you employ somebody when you have no work for them???? These sorts of things go without saying.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

djfourmoney wrote:
mguy wrote:Yeah they are pretty cheap. But you must have work to go around for them to do.
Why would you employ somebody when you have no work for them???? These sorts of things go without saying.
Please tell that to other office drones that have no work and becomes masters at blanking out. These sorts of things go without saying.

VA's or employees on payroll are usually set to meet capacity requirements which fluctuate between business cycles.
Last edited by mguy on July 5th, 2013, 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

How to get a Filipina VA

Don't choose based on looks!

I usually filter my VAs by hour spent working, which is set by 1k hours

The location is second most important. If you look closely, most of these girls are provincial girls. Manila girls command premium salary from experience.

Go for the one with a college education, these become handy later on you will find.

Do an interview first to get their English level skill. Verbal and writing needs to be tested!

Ideally my VA would have 1k+ hours who is located in Manila and is college educated at a good price point. <-- pretty hard to find apparently.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

my VA is cute!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Ideas for portable small business?

Post by Winston »

Here is a short animation video from The School of Life about how to find an business idea that will succeed. You simply need to come up with a solution, product or service, that helps reduce human unhappiness. That is what appeals and sells for sure. It's why HA has an appeal as well, at least to a certain niche of unhappy people in America, because it aims at reducing their happiness with solutions.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJjILQu2xM8[/youtube]

Also, this book by Walt Goodridge about how to turn your passion into profit contains a lot of good advice and tips for starting your own portable income business. You can get it at his site here:

http://www.passionprofit.com
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Winston wrote:Here is a short animation video from The School of Life about how to find an business idea that will succeed. You simply need to come up with a solution, product or service, that helps reduce human unhappiness. That is what appeals and sells for sure. It's why HA has an appeal as well, at least to a certain niche of unhappy people in America, because it aims at reducing their happiness with solutions.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJjILQu2xM8[/youtube]

Also, this book by Walt Goodridge about how to turn your passion into profit contains a lot of good advice and tips for starting your own portable income business. You can get it at his site here:

http://www.passionprofit.com
Hi Winston,
we have a new series happening with empower network called "The Daily Shortcut". it is proving very popular and getting lots of signups....would still love you to be in my team!

http://www.livealifeilove.com/
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

rent boy you f***ing degenerate, you might have to offer a meal deal alongside with it as who would want to f**k you, fat, ugly, little toad! :lol:
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

yick wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 8:07 pm
My mother is a fat transsexual with a profile on pinalove (https://www.pinalove.com/johnny1975) and I'm a faggot retard.
We are all aware of this.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

You fat f***ing mess, I am going to ruin these threads beyond all recognition.

Get a job you bum.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

yick wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 8:07 pm
My mother is a fat transsexual with a profile on pinalove (https://www.pinalove.com/johnny1975) and I'm a faggot retard.
We are all aware of this.