Best Undervalued Real Estate?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Best Undervalued Real Estate?

Post by zacb »

I have looked at either locked up countries or at countries in poverty and all of them seem kind of expensive. I am wondering what countries have the best opportunity for growth? I checked out Syria, but they are way expensive. Many of the African countries are as well. I have thought a tad about the South Sudan region, but can find much data on it. Any thoughts on it or similar areas?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

T Rex
Freshman Poster

re:

Post by T Rex »

Central America is popular with some, Panama and Nicaragua come to mind. The challenge is finding someone you can trust.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Best Undervalued Real Estate?

Post by Teal Lantern »

zacb wrote:I have looked at either locked up countries or at countries in poverty and all of them seem kind of expensive. I am wondering what countries have the best opportunity for growth? I checked out Syria, but they are way expensive. Many of the African countries are as well. I have thought a tad about the South Sudan region, but can find much data on it. Any thoughts on it or similar areas?
At some point, you had to wonder how the local wages could support transactions at those prices. :)
The prices you see on web pages for those kind of places are fantasy numbers.
To get the real prices, you need local contacts (and a lawyer is recommended), and know that the price is for the full amount in cash. No mortgages in most of these places.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I forgot about that thread. I have a book on investing overseas, as well as within the US. I miss Maker :( . I think his view of getting assets , then going overseas could help many young blokes that are in my position. The only thing for me is how to get them to the economies of scale where I could hire a maintenance firm, and whether I could find properties in my town that have competitive advantages over most properties, since the town itself is kinda dead, but if you can buy properties near walmart, overlooking the water downtown, or even near the college. Do you think this is a sound strategy in a town that is post industrial? To me, it seems like most ordinary proprieties could easily be overlooked due to their generic nature.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Re: Best Undervalued Real Estate?

Post by zacb »

Teal Lantern wrote:
zacb wrote:I have looked at either locked up countries or at countries in poverty and all of them seem kind of expensive. I am wondering what countries have the best opportunity for growth? I checked out Syria, but they are way expensive. Many of the African countries are as well. I have thought a tad about the South Sudan region, but can find much data on it. Any thoughts on it or similar areas?
At some point, you had to wonder how the local wages could support transactions at those prices. :)
The prices you see on web pages for those kind of places are fantasy numbers.
To get the real prices, you need local contacts (and a lawyer is recommended), and know that the price is for the full amount in cash. No mortgages in most of these places.
True. I felt that way looking through Uganda and Myanmar. Some however, like Angola, seem to want investment and they are encouraging growth through oil drilling, and so I can see a boom town effect. But most seem overpriced, which is understandable.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Thailand still offers some good opportunities. I think if I chose to live here a while then I'd find an older condo by the sea. The baht has slumped recently, which makes here even more attractive.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Thailand sounds reasonable as it´s a place a standard expat will live more easily than somewhere else. Otherwise costs of flying to other countries and other oppurtunity costs may drive the costs astronomically.

The problem with Thailand is probably the visa thing. At the moment one has only the education visa for staying longer otherwise it would be nice to stay there at a seaside maybe at Jomtien Beach where there are also expats and one doesn´t feel alien all the time.