End Of The Global Monetary System

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Interview with Jeff Berwick on USA watchdog. You have until July 2014 to move your assets out of the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwHJYxu ... NZU8K0t-EA
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

This is what one youtube user said: "No one has answers, just speculation. Therefore, diversification is key to preservation. Some cash on hand, some cash in the bank, some gold, some silver, a few equities, a little IRA, some collectibles, some food, some water, personal protection, some fuel, and last but not least... a little debt...very little debt...maybe no debt at all might be better. Above all, maintain your health, share knowledge, be happy and grateful."

The whole world is going to collapse. I don't know why so many people think this is going to happen just to America.

The U.S. dollar became debt in 1971 and every time we continue to print dollars, we increase our debt.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Bitcoins?

Post by GenYguy »

I didn't watch the video yet, but I will check it out later. I read an article on Yahoo about those Bitcoins, do you think those are going to catch on OP?
thatkid1
Freshman Poster

Post by thatkid1 »

ur late about bitcoin bro they been catching on since last year, bitcoin is here to stay this is the FUTURE of MONEY
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

The governments will try to find their way into regulating or controlling bitcoins. From what I understand, they can never interfere with peer to peer bitcoin transactions between two people, but a company that, for example, converted bitcoins to dollars, they could control, regulate and even force them to give out user information.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: End Of The Global Monetary System

Post by HouseMD »

Taco wrote:Interview with Jeff Berwick on USA watchdog. You have until July 2014 to move your assets out of the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwHJYxu ... NZU8K0t-EA
There has been some guy saying the global economy will collapse "next year" since as far back as I can remember. To which I always respond, "thats what they said last year" which is met with "yeah but this time it's different!" Which never turns out to be the case.

Here's the same guy saying the door closes in 2011, get out now!
http://archive.lewrockwell.com/rep2/doo ... icans.html

He's just a guy shilling his own books who has heavy investments in gold and bitcoins that will only go up in a culture of economic fear.

I think I'm going to start keeping a timeline of predictions proved wrong so that any time one of these threads comes up I can just paste the hundred or so failed predictions that came before it. Guys like thus make meteorologists look prophetic in comparison.
thatkid1
Freshman Poster

Post by thatkid1 »

the thing is its gonna happen the reason why those guys are wrong is due to the fact the USA gov keep printing money to make the economy look good but you should know that the US cant keep printing money the way they doing especially when russia and china are finally admiting that they wont add more usa debt and are withdrawing us dollars due to the fact they see that the US money printing schemes are not working, the real date when the economy will crash is somewhere between 2014-2017 but its really close and also events and wars can make predictions quicker and slower but one thing is for sure ITS GONNA HAPPEN and u better be prepare
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

You do realize that there are only 1.22 trillion dollars of currency in circulation for a country with a GDP of nearly 15 trillion dollars right? And much of that currency is held as reserves, leading to a significantly smaller overall money supply. Our circulation to GDP ratio is actually not that high. Having a greater circulation to GDP ratio just allows the money that is already in the system to be more fluid.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

HouseMD wrote:You do realize that there are only 1.22 trillion dollars of currency in circulation for a country with a GDP of nearly 15 trillion dollars right? And much of that currency is held as reserves, leading to a significantly smaller overall money supply. Our circulation to GDP ratio is actually not that high. Having a greater circulation to GDP ratio just allows the money that is already in the system to be more fluid.
Only $1.22 trillion in circulation? We've been printing $85 billion per month during QE, so how can we only have $1.22 trillion in circulation when QE has pumped that much into the economy for over a year now?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Rocky Top wrote:
HouseMD wrote:You do realize that there are only 1.22 trillion dollars of currency in circulation for a country with a GDP of nearly 15 trillion dollars right? And much of that currency is held as reserves, leading to a significantly smaller overall money supply. Our circulation to GDP ratio is actually not that high. Having a greater circulation to GDP ratio just allows the money that is already in the system to be more fluid.
Only $1.22 trillion in circulation? We've been printing $85 billion per month during QE, so how can we only have $1.22 trillion in circulation when QE has pumped that much into the economy for over a year now?
http://www.federalreserve.gov/paymentsy ... n_data.htm

Because we've always had a low currency to GDP ratio. Make a table of circulating currency per trillion GDP and our current amount of circulating currency isn't much different today than it has been at any time since 1990. Our economy had grown nearly 500 billion per year on average since then, and the money supply has grown just under 50 billion to compensate. Much of the printed currency is replacement currency as well, as federal reserve notes only have a finite lifespan in circulation. Billions must be printed every month because of this even in normal times. The average lifespan of most bills is only around five years.

http://useconomy.about.com/od/GDP-by-Ye ... istory.htm

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/how- ... -money.htm
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Yet another reason I need to get the hell out of this disaster.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Rocky Top wrote:
Yeah and the whole world is currently printing their worthless fiat currency.

Japan is printing 80 billion per month and the United States is printing 85 billion per month at around 1 trillion per year.

The economy can't take too much more of this.

The only way that the economic collapse can be halted or stalled is if the Federal Reserve stops printing.

Some people don't want to accept that their comfortable life will be disrupted by an economic collapse.

EVERY SINGLE TIME that we create and print paper currency, the SAME THING has ALWAYS happened.....the currency goes to zero.

Some people no matter what evidence they have just won't accept it until it happens.

I have no earthly idea when the collapse will happen but the U.S. dollar is almost done and has almost lost all of its value.

Brace yourselves, we are in for one hell of a ride!

In the face of a disaster is when you have your greatest economic opportunites!
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Just having 1.22 trillion dollars in circulation isn't going to stop an economic collapse down the road.

Much of our currency is overseas at the moment.

Eventually, once the rest of the world sends our money back to the U.S., that's when all hell will break lose.

That's the only reason the economy isn't worse than what it already is, is because much of our dollars are still overseas.

But the Federal Reserve are going to likely continue printing and won't stop.

Like I said, I'm no psychic and I have no idea when the collapse will happen but I am preparing myself for the worse and hoping for the best.

It's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "when".

Some think the collapse will happen in 3 years, some say in 10 years.

It could happen in 15 or 20 years but to put your faith in fiat currency, no matter what the country is stupid and foolish.

All I know is that at some point we are going to have to back our currency to gold or adopt a new monetary system.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

If the Federal Reserve keeps printing, which they are, prices will continue to go up.

Like I said before, the price of food and a book of stamps has gone up in the past few years.

It's unlikely that prices will ever go back down significantly again.

Prices have continued to go up since 1971.

If this continues, hyperinflation is on the horizon.

You shouldn't live every minute in fear but the thought of losing my entire savings is very scary if I could have bought some silver to hedge my money and to hedge against inflation.

People who save fiat currency without investing in gold or silver are going to lose EVERYTHING, totally wiped out.

You will have a lot of millionaires who didn't prepare properly who will lose every cent.

Many will die and many will commit suicide.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

SilverEnergy wrote:If the Federal Reserve keeps printing, which they are, prices will continue to go up.

Like I said before, the price of food and a book of stamps has gone up in the past few years.

It's unlikely that prices will ever go back down significantly again.

Prices have continued to go up since 1971.

If this continues, hyperinflation is on the horizon.

You shouldn't live every minute in fear but the thought of losing my entire savings is very scary if I could have bought some silver to hedge my money and to hedge against inflation.

People who save fiat currency without investing in gold or silver are going to lose EVERYTHING, totally wiped out.

You will have a lot of millionaires who didn't prepare properly who will lose every cent.

Many will die and many will commit suicide.
Fiat currency losing its value over time is par-for-the course. As long as the process doesn't move too quickly or suddenly (like in hyperinflation), you can shield your savings from value erosion simply by plowing them into real assets such as real estate or equities.

Of course, one big benefit of rapid currency depreciation in the case of the USA is that it erodes the value of our foreign debt.

What you should really focus on are how wages rise relative to costs of things which matter to you. If they rise commensurately and you invest your excess savings into assets which also rise commensurately, then you're pretty much hedged. I think a lot of Americans with positive net worth have their money invested through 401Ks (which typically have a high equity weighting) and real estate. Both of those assets normally hedge pretty well against inflation.