What Is Your Financial Plan For This Meltdown?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: What Is Your Financial Plan For This Meltdown?

Post by chanta76 »

Brought more silver and gold. Not allot mine you but here and there. Most of my asset is in real estate with partners. I also have allot of cash in CDs and money market.
I'm watching the news every day wondering when or if the USA will go to negative interest. If that happens it's mad dash to the bank to withdraw. If anything USA will have inflation and recession. That's why I brought some silver and gold. I think in 2-3 years it will get worst. If I'm wrong great but if I'm right.
I still live in USA. I have to agree with Contrarian that retail real estate will go down . And it will depend on residential depending on market.

Besides that depending on where you buy supplies. Not like a preppier but add a little here and there . Food , water ..etc.
Get a gun if you can. With BLM I think we will have frequent riots cause there will be another issue with a black person and maybe a white cop. Slowly and surly I see USA decline.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I am in education so just keep working, there is a massive shortage of teachers where I am so I have the pick of jobs - I am lucky!

I have a second passport and am good for a third, I am fine as far as it goes - I have my health which is also wealth.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

So an update on my situation:

I got offered a job in mid-March but I've still not started!!!

I don't think it's ever going to happen so I've just sent my application in for a teaching master's degree. Hopefully that will pay for itself when I can eventually go overseas again as I'll be able to teach other subjects, not just English.

As I predicted, the dead bat bounce did occur and I sold a little bit into strength. I'm mostly in infrastructure assets (especially warehouse REITs).

I did open a free trading account. I've not lost money, but I haven't made a huge amount either. So I don't think day trading is for me.

I am getting better at reading stock charts and I have noticed that I have now been buying and selling on the right days.

My prediction: the virus is not snuffed out thanks to poor UK and USA governments in particular who have sold the population the WHO lie that masks don't work. Asia comes out of this better than the West. However, stock markets tank when investors realise people ain't gonna rent cars or take flights or go on cruises like they did pre-covid. Also businesses really slash investment and 10% of those furloughed jobs never come back. Millennials in particular are crushed as their barrista jobs disappear and they realise student debt is useless when there are no jobs whatever the hell you studied.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Jun 14, 2020
Jobless and Faded - Prison Talk

Do you fall into this category? Why are Weed shops and Alcohol "Essential", but normal businesses are not?
June 26, 2020
How The Housing Crash Will Happen - Neil McCoy-Ward