Two paychecks away from homelessness

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Neo
Junior Poster

Two paychecks away from homelessness

Post by Neo »

I remember some people would quote some kind of statistic saying that most Americans are only two paychecks away from homelessness, which I assume means missed rent or mortgage payments. Is this true? Are we going to see many foreclosures or people going homeless? Especially since this virus now "reinfects" supposedly? What's going to be the financial impact of this quarantine?

Maybe landlords and banks are going to have to reconfigure the terms of payments.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Two paychecks away from homelessness

Post by jamesbond »

Most Americans don't even have a $1,000 in the bank for emergencies. 78% percent of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. This economic downturn is going to financially crucify many people in the United States. We are getting a $1,200 check within two weeks from the US government (and $500 per child as well). My guess is in the month of May, they are going to be sending out another $1,200 check to each adult in America (maybe even more than $1,200).
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

jamesbond wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 7:10 pm
Most Americans don't even have a $1,000 in the bank for emergencies. 78% percent of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. This economic downturn is going to financially crucify many people in the United States. We are getting a $1,200 check within two weeks from the US government (and $500 per child as well). My guess is in the month of May, they are going to be sending out another $1,200 check to each adult in America (maybe even more than $1,200).
Thanks for the update. I gave up on the news awhile back.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Unemployment compensation will help keep people from starving and rioting in the streets, but that is only temporary and not very much.

People with children and lot's of expenses are toast. The system does not reward those living check to check. In fact, it punishes them with ruthlessness in a situation like this.

I hope all the tradcucks advising everyone to marry and have loads of children are happy now. They are the ones teetering on verge of suicide now while the smart MGTOW are barely even affected.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on April 5th, 2020, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 7:44 pm
Unemployment compensation will help keep people from starving and rioting in the streets, but that is only temporary and not very much.

People with children and lot's of expenses are toast. The system does not reward those living check to check. In fact, it punishes them with ruthlessness in a situation like this.

I hope all the tradcucks advising everyone to marry and have loads of children are happy now. They are the ones on the teetering on verge of suicide now while the smart MGTOW are barely even affected.

That's a good point, people with lot's of kids are the ones who are going to suffer financially the most. Guys who are going MGTOW are looking really good right about now, they don't have to support a wife or children, they are only responsible for themselves.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

This is why overall I hate Christianity, it promotes lots of children even if the planet is giving up the GHOST!. Those people are stupid and deserve it but I feel bad for the kids whose parents are idiots and brought them here....
Time to Hide!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Moretorque wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 3:32 am
This is why overall I hate Christianity, it promotes lots of children even if the planet is giving up the GHOST!. Those people are stupid and deserve it but I feel bad for the kids whose parents are idiots and brought them here....
I don't think this has anything to do with Christianity. - Or let me say, if you are critical of Christianity because it promotes a lot of children, you should be critical about Islam too.

FYI and to avoid misunderstanding, I am not a Christian, I left Roman Catholic Church more than 50 years ago and never joined any other religious organization.

About homeless and children in USA - often the question is coming up how USA qualifies as a 1st world country - there is clearly a lot of poverty existing in many states, no basic health care service for everybody, legally a mess as every state has totally different laws, serious race-related issues, high crime rate and one of the highest prison population in the world, a government controlling US-citizens living outside of US-territory...

For sure the difference between super-rich and super-poor is horrible in USA - But to be honest, you might say the same about other large countries too -Russia, China, India - some Russians, Chinese and Indians are swimming in money - and others often don't know what to eat tomorrow....and what about life in some Muslim countries...

You feel sorry for the kids? Yes, Catholic Philippines comes to my mind with 2 million street children, but Muslim Bangladesh is not much better, I would say even worse....

The world in which we are living is not fair and not much what you can do about it. You cannot help everybody.

There are for sure many millions of poor people who would still prefer to live in USA and not in their own countries. Believe me, there are places in this world which are by far worse than USA.