Coronavirus and European Real Estate?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Light
Freshman Poster

Coronavirus and European Real Estate?

Post by Light »

How do you think the coronavirus will influence European Real Estate prices, especially for American expats who have dollars? The dollar should become stronger than the Euro even though the Federal Reserve's policies will weaken the dollar because the Euro should be weaker than the dollar.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Decu
Freshman Poster

Re: Coronavirus and European Real Estate?

Post by Decu »

Hi Light!
Recently I read an article about Spanish real estate and the influence of COVID-19 onto it. Here it is https://virtoproperty.com/info/covid19- ... eal-estate. There were several possible scenarios but I guess that the most true to life is that prices will go 20% down. This substantial falling of prices is explained by falling sales. But experts also say that the market will recover very fast as it was in 2008. Time will tell who was right!
amelbeflynn
Freshman Poster

Re: Coronavirus and European Real Estate?

Post by amelbeflynn »

I read here that, contrary to all the expectations and pessimistic forecasts of the majority, real estate in Spanish Mallorca has shown its resilience and relevance in the context of global isolation. As soon as it became clear that being cooped up in their apartments on the mainland was unbearable, the real estate market regained its position and gradually grew. The situation repeated itself in 2022 when, despite inflation, Mallorca's house prices rose by 10 percent in a year (according to Yes! Mallorca Property prices report).