Why Average People HATE People Achieving Success.

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why Average People HATE People Achieving Success.

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

This is a great explanation of the "success envy" phenomenon. This board has more than its share of it, so I find it important to understand where it comes from.

Best line from the video: If you are pursuing an unconventional life, don't take advice from average (conventional) people.

@Shemp
@Hypermak
@Cornfed
@Stanfordguy

Fortunately for me, I have learned to welcome success-hate and I eat it up like fuel, but it takes years to get to that point. Once you internalize the message of this video, you are halfway there!

Remember, haters are your absolute BIGGEST fans, they just have not come to terms with it yet.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Re: Why Average People HATE People Achieving Success.

Post by hypermak »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 6:47 pm
This is a great explanation of the "success envy" phenomenon. This board has more than its share of it, so I find it important to understand where it comes from.

Best line from the video: If you are pursuing an unconventional life, don't take advice from average (conventional) people.

@Shemp
@Hypermak
@Cornfed
@Stanfordguy

Fortunately for me, I have learned to welcome success-hate and I eat it up like fuel, but it takes years to get to that point. Once you internalize the message of this video, you are halfway there!

Remember, haters are your absolute BIGGEST fans, they just have not come to terms with it yet.
@Contrarian Expatriate I think I'd rather be in the "Don't give a rat's a**" list. I really don't think you're that successful, not more than the average public pensioner with an obsession for being around girls the age of their granddaughters, at least.

And even if you were, good for you, I don't see the need for using whatever random video you pick up from YT to periodically reminding us of 1) how incredibly free, happy and successful you are and 2) how some of us are "closet fans" because they consider you and your lifestyle choices rather pathetic.

Remember, it's not hate, it's indifference.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

PAG-Stanfordguy is the worst kind of hater like Don King. They insult others then play it like they're the center of attention and people who are disgusted by them are jealous. They claim everyone in the world is trying to bring them down to dismiss their own actions when really everyone is disgusted by them.
Last edited by HappyGuy on May 16th, 2020, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 6:58 pm

@Shemp
@Hypermak
@Cornfed
@Stanfordguy

@Contrarian Expatriate I think I'd rather be in the "Don't give a rat's a**" list. I really don't think you're that successful, not more than the average public pensioner with an obsession for being around girls the age of their granddaughters, at least.

And even if you were, good for you, I don't see the need for using whatever random video you pick up from YT to periodically reminding us of 1) how incredibly free, happy and successful you are and 2) how some of us are "closet fans" because they consider you and your lifestyle choices rather pathetic.

I have Hypermak on ignore. Unless someone quotes him here, I won't see it. But as tempted as I am to open up the post to get a laugh, the mere fact that he jumps up to respond in his usual manner proves the very point of the video.
:mrgreen:
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

May 16th, 2020, 7:17 pm
hypermak wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 6:58 pm

@Shemp
@Hypermak
@Cornfed
@Stanfordguy

I have Hypermak on ignore. Unless someone quotes him here, I won't see it. But as tempted as I am to open up the post to get a laugh, the mere fact that he jumps up to respond in his usual manner proves the very point of the video.
:mrgreen:
So don't "mention" me, you clown. Leave me out of your mental games and it's better for the both of us, I can assure you.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

More spiteful comments I am sure. I don't even need to look.....
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on May 16th, 2020, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

I learned a long time ago never to tell people about my successes. They will always tell you why you shouldn't be doing something. Yes, even your friends and family will try to talk you out of doing things that you know are good for you. Even from friends who are travelers, I hear, "what would you have in common with a younger girl? They are just golddiggers." "Why would you want to travel there?" I just no longer tell them anything. Any of these big ballers bragging how great their lives are, you can bet their lives aren't. The travel bloogers have to brag how many countries they've been to and the PUAs brag how many girls they've banged. The travel bangers brag about both.
Last edited by WorldTraveler on May 17th, 2020, 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

May 16th, 2020, 7:50 pm
hypermak wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 7:29 pm
So don't "mention" me, you clown. Leave me out of your mental games and it's better for the both of us, I can assure you.
LOL what an idiot. The very fact you quoted me means you opened my comment, read it, removed the top part and posted. Do you really get your kicks from this?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 8:20 pm
May 16th, 2020, 7:50 pm
hypermak wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 7:29 pm
LOL what an idiot. The very fact you quoted me means you opened my comment, read it, removed the top part and posted. Do you really get your kicks from this?
This guy is sooooo friggin obsessed with my postings. Being played like a fiddle and doesn't even know it!
:lol:
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on May 16th, 2020, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

WorldTraveler wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 8:01 pm
I learned a long time ago never to tell people about my successes. They will always tell you why you shouldn't be doing something. Yes, even your friends and family will try to talk you out of doing things that you know are good for you. Even from friends who are travelers, I hear, "what would you have in common with a younger girl? They are just golddiggers." "Why would you want to travel there?" I just no longer tell them anything.
Oh I agree with that! But I still like to do it because it shows me the character of people based on their reactions. People who are hostile or naysaying are the ones we need to watch out for because they see your gains as their loss or deprivation. Healthy people see your gains as their POSSIBILITIES.

I KNOW you're successful because of your lifestyle and the extensive travel you do. I applaud you and hope you double your success in short measure. How could I hate on that unless I was convinced I could never measure up?
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

May 16th, 2020, 8:24 pm
This guy is sooooo friggin obsessed with my postings. Geez!
:lol:

You know why? Because you're such an easy target! If @Winston welcomes some good old drama and if I have some spare time on a lazy Sunday morning, why not? :)

You make a lot of bombastic statements about how rich, free, happy and successful you are but, without any proof apart from your boastful and belligerant style of writing, there's no way you are credible.

As @Shemp said, you are probably just a frustrated retiree who lived a lonely, shitty life and had to wait for his US government pension to live like he maybe should have in his late twenties. You missed those trains and you think you can make all up for it thanks to your monthly handouts. You don't have the age, you don't have the physique, you don't have the class and money, you don't even have the right skin colour to hit it with girls 30 years younger than you in Ukraine. You have zero credibility.

At least PAG and his various puppets might come across as "fun", to some at least. PAG doesn't seem too bothered about becoming his own parody. You clearly are though and, after you create posts only meant to show off and provoke other members into a diatribe, you jump off your chair all shocked when they start that diatribe!

You posted a video with a small list of members, implying that they are your "haters" and closet fans. What did you expect, some adulation? :shock:
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Part of @HyperMak's obvious insecurity is rooted in the fact that he scrubs pots and pans, mops floors and cuts up vegetables for hotel guests for a living.

I might get my knickers in a twist too if I had to do such demeaning work then rely on desperate Filipinas (to include ladyboys) to preserve fragile my sense of social value. I get that because it's just no way for a Western man to live.

But that attitude will likely keep him there....
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

May 16th, 2020, 8:53 pm
Part of @HyperMak's obvious insecurity is rooted in the fact that he scrubs pots and pans, mops floors and cuts up vegetables for hotel guests for a living.

I might get my knickers in a twist too if I had to do such demeaning work then rely on desperate Filipinas (to include ladyboys) to preserve fragile my sense of social value. I get that because it's just no way for a Western man to live.

But that attitude will likely keep him there....
At least I am confidently "scrubbing pots and pans". It's a more dignified activity than pretending to be a sex god as a 50-something, out of shape former paper pusher who feels on top of the world for paying girls to entertain him. If that is not expressing a "fragile sense of social value", I don't know what it is.

The more you carry on like this, the more ridicule you attract on yourself and your sorry character.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

@Hypermak is a guy who obediently makes my omelette in the mornings. If I want chopped asparagus, he'll go chop some up on my request. Just because he is not talented enough to do more complex work in the world is no reason to be resentful and hateful with people who earn their wealth with their intellectual contributions instead of manual labor.

Poor guy has an obliterated ego when you tell him the truth. It's a shame he'll never get past it working as the omelette guy who runs to the back to chop up my asparagus.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

May 16th, 2020, 9:21 pm
@Hypermak is a guy who obediently makes my omelette in the mornings. If I want chopped asparagus, he'll go chop some up on my request. Just because he is not talented enough to do more complex work in the world is no reason to be resentful and hateful with people who earn their wealth with their intellectual contributions instead of manual labor.

Poor guy has an obliterated ego when you tell him the truth. It's a shame he'll never get past it working as the omelette guy who runs to the back to chop up my asparagus.
Be careful about pissing off the guy who makes your omelette in the morning. You might end up with "extra cheese" LOL

Hmm...now you're opening up about your hidden tastes. Do you give out an allowance for "chopping up your asparagus"? :D :D