A Day In The Life Of A Real Estate Agent

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

A Day In The Life Of A Real Estate Agent

Post by jamesbond »

This is a pretty interesting video showing what this guys life is like on a typical day being a realtor.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: A Day In The Life Of A Real Estate Agent

Post by Cornfed »

Real estate sales are one of those things that should be handled by the government. The entire industry is entirely parasitic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The average real estate agent in the United States only makes $ 53,000 a year. Only the real good ones make a six figure income.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

jamesbond wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 10:44 pm
The average real estate agent in the United States only makes $ 53,000 a year. Only the real good ones make a six figure income.
The entire industry is silly. They spend most of their time hustling for listings to compete with each other, despite the fact that this doesn't sell anyone's house and then have to gouge people to pay for that wasted time. Then they try to get people to buy houses they probably shouldn't have and to the extent they are successful they are damaging society. This is one of those areas where letting the "market" decide things is entirely harmful.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Cornfed wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 10:56 pm
The entire industry is silly. They spend most of their time hustling for listings to compete with each other, despite the fact that this doesn't sell anyone's house and then have to gouge people to pay for that wasted time. Then they try to get people to buy houses they probably shouldn't have and to the extent they are successful they are damaging society. This is one of those areas where letting the "market" decide things is entirely harmful.

You can always sell your home yourself (for sale by owner) but it's a pain in the ass. You would save yourself the 5 or 6 percent commission that real estate agents charge.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

jamesbond wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 10:35 pm
You can always sell your home yourself (for sale by owner) but it's a pain in the ass. You would save yourself the 5 or 6 percent commission that real estate agents charge.
Yeah, with the Internet there is really no reason not to do this if you know what you are doing. Here you would still need a lawyer to at least rubber stamp the deal. You could do the conveyancing yourself in theory, but perhaps best to let your lawyer do that. There is still the issue of where the deposit goes. A lawyers bank account I guess.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

You can list your home yourself, you just need to get it listed online and do some other legal things which you can find out how to do online. Hiring a real estate attorney is something you would have to do during the process but they only charge about 400 to 600 dollars to do a real estate deal.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

jamesbond wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 12:39 am
You can list your home yourself, you just need to get it listed online and do some other legal things which you can find out how to do online. Hiring a real estate attorney is something you would have to do during the process but they only charge about 400 to 600 dollars to do a real estate deal.
Yeah if anyone reading this is interested in the legal situation in New Zealand, this is about right. To expand, in NZ in order to have the local authorities consent to the sale, you at least have to have lawyers for both parties look at the contract and agree to the deal. The contract really should be the standard six pages of legal gibberish followed by whatever clauses you want to add. This is because of a law in the 50s stating that any contracts relating to real estate would only be enforceable if they related to a written clause in a signed contract,. This is very important to remember. If you are a purchaser and you agree to buy on condition that the vendor conducts repairs, and you agree this on a handshake, he has no legal obligation to do those repairs. You need to have a clause in that contract. You can theoretically do the paperwork transfer yourself online now, but you can screw yourself up if you do for the same reason, so paying your lawyer’s legal secretary to do it makes sense. There are also things like LIMs and such you might want to know of if you are a purchaser.