Are small businesses still possible?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Are small businesses still possible?

Post by Cornfed »

It should be apparent that the bad guys have finally pulled the pin on the depopulation grenade with this corona hoax. Probably the economy that had previously been regarded as normal will never return. The lockdowns will be periodically rolled back to entice suckers to start small businesses and then the lockdowns will be reimposed in order to bankrupt them. One might say that some tradesmen such a plumbers will always have work, but I’m not so sure. People are going to have to get by with much less. For example, if a household’s dishwasher breaks, they will wash the dishes in the sink. If their sink breaks they will wash them in the bathroom handbasin. If the handbasin breaks they will wash them in a bucket outside.

Theoretically you could still have businesses in essential industries, home delivered items or purely Internet products, but these are mostly cornered by the bad guys or will become non-viable as their customers become impoverished. The future looks bleak.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are small businesses still possible?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Cornfed wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 10:45 pm
The future looks bleak.
It should appear bleak to the likes of you, because it will be. Nature tends to deal with your type in that manner to efficiently make way for the talented, intelligent, and productive people behind you.

Nature is thus far undefeated against worthless, low-status, losers at life. You’ll see.....
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 11:16 pm
Cornfed wrote:
The future looks bleak.
It should appear bleak to the likes of you, because it will be. Nature tends to deal with your type in that manner to efficiently make way for the talented, intelligent, and productive people behind you.

Nature is thus far undefeated against worthless, low-status, losers at life. You’ll see.....
Change the record grandpa. This is in fact a serious issue.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 11:30 pm
September 8th, 2020, 11:16 pm
Cornfed wrote:
The future looks bleak.

Change the record grandpa. This is in fact a serious issue.
You must be joking. You’re too stupid to operate a business without running it into the ground.

The older I get, the richer I become. But your in my age range too according to your posting history. A spring chicken you are not.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

September 9th, 2020, 12:03 am
The older I get, the richer I become. But your in my age range too according to your posting history. A spring chicken you are not.
Yeah I'm probably only about 10 years younger than you, but as a negro you should be approaching your use-by date, as is apparent from the deteriorating quality of your posts.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Why @Contrarian Expatriate feels obliged to jump into any thread about the economy, business and investments just to remind everybody how wealthy and well-grounded he is to weather any economic storm, is beyond me. Nobody knows whether he is telling the truth and nobody cares anyway.
Last edited by hypermak on September 9th, 2020, 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 12:07 am
September 9th, 2020, 12:03 am
Yeah I'm probably only about 10 years younger than you, but as a negro you should be approaching your use-by date, as is apparent from the deteriorating quality of your posts.
You’re maybe 5 years younger but 20 years older in terms of health and vitality.

How’s that job search going? Oh, I forgot you don’t have a job still. That’s why you’re reaching for business ideas like a desperate halfwit trying to stave off homelessness. On the street might very well be where you belong.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Small businesses are still possible in Idaho and on the internet.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

fschmidt wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 1:47 am
Small businesses are still possible in Idaho and on the internet.
Yeah, but for how long?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 1:54 am
Yeah, but for how long?
Sorry, I am not a prophet. One just has to work based on the present and hope for the best.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

fschmidt wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 2:11 am
Cornfed wrote:
Yeah, but for how long?
Sorry, I am not a prophet. One just has to work based on the present and hope for the best.
Well, some of us have to be prophets. If I had judged the situation by how it was last year on a positive note, I would have started a business and lost all my money, such as it was. I think hoping for the best right now is hoping to live a few years longer, and I think that applies to you almost as much as it does to me, as indeed it applies to most other people. No-one knows what will happen in a few years time.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Cornfed wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 2:24 am
fschmidt wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 2:11 am
Cornfed wrote:
Yeah, but for how long?
Well, some of us have to be prophets. If I had judged the situation by how it was last year on a positive note, I would have started a business and lost all my money, such as it was. I think hoping for the best right now is hoping to live a few years longer, and I think that applies to you almost as much as it does to me, as indeed it applies to most other people. No-one knows what will happen in a few years time.
I agree. There's really not too much potential for small business in 2021 when corporations really dominate business and government can easily shutdown any business they don't want to exist. The average ordinary person continues to get poorer which is deflationary but governments continue to print money to benefit the rich (which hurts the poor).
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Herness wrote:
November 26th, 2021, 3:04 pm
Everything is possible. You just need to have a creative idea and adjust to new business conditions. Plan everything two steps ahead and especially the ways on how you gonna promote your business
When you have people stealing all the ideas at the patent office and can print money out of thin air how can anybody compete with that. THEY CAN'T!

This thing is done and the sheep are to stupid to figure out what is really going on as intended when this plan was formulated...
Time to Hide!
JackFlexer
Freshman Poster

Post by JackFlexer »

I absolutely agree that right now, it's not at all reinventable to open a small business offline. Because at this point, you can't know if you're going to be closed tomorrow because of an epidemic or not. I wanted to rent a boutique and sell shoes. Still, after thinking about it, I decided to do an Instagram business. Now I don't have to pay rent for the space and fear losing everything. I also started using the chalkboard mobile app to communicate with customers, which helped me.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Selling stuff online is a very, very crowded market. No idea how you can stand out, since the products you buy, from Chinese or Vietnamese wholesaler, might well be the same everybody else is selling...

The only winners in this kind of direct retail market are Alibaba and its retail front-ends AliExpress and Lazada.