Guy makes over $32K/year churning credit cards, in just 12 hours/week

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Guy makes over $32K/year churning credit cards, in just 12 hours/week

Post by Shemp »

https://www.reddit.com/r/financialindep ... 1k_points/

This sounds like a perfect job for @Tsar. Too bad he ruined his credit and now won't be eligible.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Guy makes over $32K/year churning credit cards, in just 12 hours/week

Post by MrMan »

Shemp wrote:
February 23rd, 2023, 4:29 pm
https://www.reddit.com/r/financialindep ... 1k_points/

This sounds like a perfect job for @Tsar. Too bad he ruined his credit and now won't be eligible.
Some of this be like, "I got thousands of dollars worth of discounts for crap I never would have wanted to buy."

My wife is a gourmet cook. Does Hello Fresh cost more than buying food and cooking it yourself? If it does, then the discounts or credits may not be worth anything.

I might save an occasional fast food coupon, like for Subway or something like that, if it comes in the mail. But I don't want to spend my time cutting out coupons to buy butter or meat. This sounds like something along those lines. I read terms and conditions, too, and it can take many hours to open a bank account to get a bonus.

But for someone who likes to do that stuff, maybe it is okay.

The article uses a lot of jargon I'm not familiar with... something about a ladder having to do with a Roth, and a bunch of stuff about 'churn.'
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Churn means you open up a new credit card and get actual money which can be used to buy anything you want. For example, i just checked Bank Of America: $200 cash if you open new card and charge at least $1000 on the card. So open anew card, buy your groceries with it for a few months, then close the card and repeat with another card. $200 free money each time. And Bank of America is not particularly generous, other companies have much juicier offers. There is lots of fine print designed to catch the dim bulbs but churning does work. There's a whole reddit forum dedicated to it. Better still is affiliate links to these credit cards offers. Financial bloggers can make huge amounts of money from that.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

Shemp wrote:
February 27th, 2023, 9:14 am
Churn means you open up a new credit card and get actual money which can be used to buy anything you want. For example, i just checked Bank Of America: $200 cash if you open new card and charge at least $1000 on the card. So open anew card, buy your groceries with it for a few months, then close the card and repeat with another card. $200 free money each time. And Bank of America is not particularly generous, other companies have much juicier offers. There is lots of fine print designed to catch the dim bulbs but churning does work. There's a whole reddit forum dedicated to it. Better still is affiliate links to these credit cards offers. Financial bloggers can make huge amounts of money from that.
Is this the source of your income? Credit card churning? I suppose that is why you reside in roadside motels, ride a bicycle, and occasionally travel to Eastern Europe.
I am an absolute visionary and a philosopher king :wink:
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

GerardButler wrote:
March 17th, 2023, 5:17 am
Is this the source of your income? Credit card churning? I suppose that is why you reside in roadside motels, ride a bicycle, and occasionally travel to Eastern Europe.
No, my income 100% from stocks and i have no need for more money. But my mind continues to be fascinated by scams, for some reason, and i thought this churning idea might be if interest to others in this forum, like you for example. Didn't you once post a video here of yourself being thrown out of cheap hindu-owned SRO hotel in San Francisco, after which you were arrested for causing a public disturbance? Maybe you could use credit card churning to get an upgrade to classier accommodations next time you're in San Francisco.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

Shemp wrote:
March 17th, 2023, 9:50 am
GerardButler wrote:
March 17th, 2023, 5:17 am
No, my income 100% from stocks and i have no need for more money. But my mind continues to be fascinated by scams, for some reason, and i thought this churning idea might be if interest to others in this forum, like you for example. Didn't you once post a video here of yourself being thrown out of cheap hindu-owned SRO hotel in San Francisco, after which you were arrested for causing a public disturbance? Maybe you could use credit card churning to get an upgrade to classier accommodations next time you're in San Francisco.
I guess we'll have to take your word for it. It just seems odd that someone over the age of 55 with sufficient stock income would camp in city parks, carry his belongings in a backpack, wash in libraries and gas stations, and stay in roadside motels. After the age of 35, I no longer really fret about money. This credit card churning thing is what I earn in a few mins.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

GerardButler wrote:
March 17th, 2023, 11:11 am
[It just seems odd that someone over the age of 55 with sufficient stock income would camp in city parks, carry his belongings in a backpack, wash in libraries and gas stations, and stay in roadside motels.
Age 62, in fact, thus officially senior citizen. It's called adventure travel by foot or bicycle (camping in forests and desert not city parks, you also invented the part about washing in libraries and gas stations, roadside motels only if on a road, otherwise city hotels). Not for everyone, of course.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

Interesting, a multimillionaire in his sixties who lives out of a backpack. How long have you been this and why? Nobody would describe you as a spiritual individual. If you had begun at age 55, it seems that you would have traveled across the majority of the United States by now. And why is adventure travel limited to the United States? You appear to rent a cheap apartment and hire a sex worker for intimate activities when traveling to Eastern Europe.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

GerardButler wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 3:10 am
Interesting, a multimillionaire in his sixties who lives out of a backpack. How long have you been this and why? Nobody would describe you as a spiritual individual. If you had begun at age 55, it seems that you would have traveled across the majority of the United States by now. And why is adventure travel limited to the United States? You appear to rent a cheap apartment and hire a sex worker for intimate activities when traveling to Eastern Europe.
I began at age 40, over 20 years ago. Why i adventure travel is something of a mystery even to me. Adventure travelers (I'm not the only one) usually say they were simply drawn to it: one day they decided to hike the Appalachian or Pacific Crest trail (I've done both several times), or bicycle around the world, or row across the Atlantic Ocean (several do this each year), or walk to the South Pole (about 20 people do this each year). And that's more or less my answer. One day i decided to give up my business and hike the Pyrenees in France, after reading someone's website about doing that followed by a book by Ray Jardine about modern techniques of lightweight backpacking gear. And I've been hiking or bicycle touring ever since much of each year. Thankfully, i never developed the itch for extreme travel, like walking to the South Pole (which Ray Jardine did, along with rowing across the Atlantic, sailing around the world and countless other extreme travel adventures).

I mostly hike in Western Europe now (I'm in Spain currently, alternating between camping n the forest and hotels), and bicycle tour deserts in the USA in winter. (i no longer hike in the USA, though i did the AT and PCT long ago as noted.) After many years of experience, i have come to the conclusion that summer is the worst season for hiking and bicycle touring in Europe and USA, because of heat, mosquitoes, crowded hotels and other issues, so that's when i stay in cities in Eastern Europe.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

Fair enough, unlike most people here, I don't get worked up about how other people live their lives.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

GerardButler wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 8:01 am
Fair enough, unlike most people here, I don't get worked up about how other people live their lives.
Don't make me laugh dude, you get incredibly worked up when people don't acknowledge your magnificence and call you out on your BS.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

Good income! Well done. That would be probably my goal as well, decent amount which allows travel and satisfy all the needs of mine and my family. I am working on myself and increasing my income constantly and that is the reason i am taking different courses and looking for a new financial advisor. Going to contact rto national customer service, as they seem to be the best on this area, according to their reviews.