Which USA banks don't charge ATM fees overseas?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Travel Dude
Freshman Poster

Which USA banks don't charge ATM fees overseas?

Post by Travel Dude »

I have lived in the northeast and in the past, TD banknorth did not charge any ATM fees when you used most ATMs in Lima (so as long as the Lima bank fee was seperate from the withdraw amount)....Now TD bank charges fees.

If anyone knows any specific USA banks that don't charge fees for international ATM withdrawls, please let me know, thanks in advance.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If possible, try HSBC. Check to see if there's a branch near you and at the oversea destination.
Altius
Freshman Poster

Post by Altius »

I have very less idea about banks.. I would like to suggest a good site related to US Banks information provider, web site might be helpful for you at wat ur looking at .. cheers :)

US Banks
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I think none but do not quote me on that.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
zzzz
Freshman Poster

Post by zzzz »

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index.ph ... n_Exchange I thought I linked this on here before.
dsc
Freshman Poster

Post by dsc »

zzzz wrote:http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index.ph ... n_Exchange I thought I linked this on here before.
Great list

Even though I'm not American (& thus can't use them), I've heard numerous good things about Charles Schwab on various expat forums.

In the list above, they mention they reimburse ATM fees and I've heard this from happy Americans in Buenos Aires as this lets them save lots on fees.
zzzz
Freshman Poster

Post by zzzz »

I just opened an account with them so that's good to hear. I did it specifically for that reason but I'll invest with them too.