What makes elite universities elite?

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

What makes elite universities elite?

Post by Cornfed »

I don't get why places like Harvard and Yale are still regarded as elite schools. In the past they were elite because the brightest young men went there (along with some rich tossers) and the faculty reflected this level of excellence. Now that is clearly not the case.

We can safely conclude that the majority of current students, due to their handicap of being female, do not belong at a university, since females are not capable of independent thought, creativity or self-awareness, and are therefore ineducable. Similarly all the inferior races, put there on affirmative action criteria specifically for belonging to inferior races, are making a mockery of any claim of the institutions being serious centers of higher learning. Even most of the east Asian students should be at more technically inclined institutions as they lack creativity and therefore educability.

Of the white men we can potentially take seriously as university students, most still don't belong in a university since they are the loathsome progeny of the parasitical hereditary ruling class who got in because of their scumbag parents' money and influence. Many of them are complete morons like George W. Bush. Real students who got in based on academic excellence are a comparative rarity. Hence the student body consists largely of ruling class tossers and their exotic housepets. Apparently the faculty now reflects the decline in the quality of their students, as does the content of their courses.

Yet somehow these places are still regarded as prestigious institutions. If someone said he had an MBA from Harvard, most people would be suitably impressed rather than laugh at him. Very strange.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Propaganda, public relations, marketing campaigns, using the history behind their name, and because the "elite" corporations in many industries favor those graduates.

The history behind a name can give it more weight. Someone related to a former aristocratic family might not have any power but because they have the name and history behind their name it gives them more status. It's also similar to how the founders of a community are regarded as elites within their community. The old American plutocratic families like the Rockerfellers, Vanderbilts, or the European Rothschilds can use their names to get favoritism. What makes the Rockerfellers, Vanderbilts, or Rothschilds so special? In my own opinion there isn't anything that makes them special. It's just a fortune and history behind their name that gives them as advantage over everyone else, even if many of the others are just as good as them or better than them.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

Its propaganda and powerplay. All for status man, all for status.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What makes elite universities elite?

Post by momopi »

Cornfed wrote: We can safely conclude that the majority of current students, due to their handicap of being female, do not belong at a university, since females are not capable of independent thought, creativity or self-awareness, and are therefore ineducable. Similarly all the inferior races, put there on affirmative action criteria specifically for belonging to inferior races, are making a mockery of any claim of the institutions being serious centers of higher learning. Even most of the east Asian students should be at more technically inclined institutions as they lack creativity and therefore educability.
If you were to believe that women are mentally incapable, then why would you sleep with or have children with the mentally handicapped?
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

momopi wrote:
If you were to believe that women are mentally incapable, then why would you sleep with or have children with the mentally handicapped?
Because there are more things in life than critical thinking and creativity? I am not a women hater by any means but being able to be rational and think critical are not really strengths of women. From my experiences at a university I must say that it´s rather disappointing how little women think on their own. They only follow the mainstream opinion without even trying to develop an critical standpoint. They are good at learning things, this allows them to be successful in exams. They are like a sponge, they absorb what is told to them and believe it. Way too gullible...

To be brutally honest, I can´t think of any women that has ever impressed me with her opinions or her points of view on specific things. The female philosophers that I have read have been terrible.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

momopi wrote:If you were to believe that women are mentally incapable, then why would you sleep with or have children with the mentally handicapped?
The question is bizarre. It is like asking why people keep dogs as pets if they don't respect them as moral philosophers.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Cornfed wrote:
momopi wrote:If you were to believe that women are mentally incapable, then why would you sleep with or have children with the mentally handicapped?
The question is bizarre. It is like asking why people keep dogs as pets if they don't respect them as moral philosophers.
Dog owners don't usually have sex with their dogs.

I wouldn't sleep with or have kids with a women that I thought was mentally handicapped. Would you?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

momopi wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Dog owners don't usually have sex with their dogs.

I wouldn't sleep with or have kids with a women that I thought was mentally handicapped. Would you?
The situation is that all women are mentally ill grown children compared to men, but that is what we have to work with. Rather than throwing in our pacifiers because the situation is not ideal and going extinct, we make allowances for the females by, for example, not sending them to university or granting them any authority over men, and get on with life as best we can. And you know, there may be some advantage in females not being all there as they enjoy tasks such as looking after young children that would bore most men. There is certainly an evolutionary advantage in them being selfish jerks.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Admissions officers sometimes admit students they later regret. Such as theLogicJunkie
www.youtube.com/user/thelogicjunkie/videos
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Every country has 'elite' universities within their own strain of academia and they are usually 'elite' down to the fact that is where a country's elite are taught - usually, the oldest universities are the elite in any country and usually have political leaders, royalty and military officers as part of their alumni.