Are most people now criminal underclass?

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Are most people now criminal underclass?

Post by Cornfed »

Part of my job is hassling people to show me identification. Increasingly people are showing me prison ID as their only form of identification. Obviously they are mostly men, but females doing this is not uncommon. There are also an increasing number of people both genders now showing up with the electronic monitoring ankle bracelets in use by the Corrections Dept.

It seems that a huge percentage of the population are under the control of the criminal justice system, with the corresponding dimmitude, lack of civil rights etc. Probably much more than are reported. This seems to have become the new normal with the younger generation, with those unemployed or going between periods of employment and unemployment, which is perhaps 50% of the population, just accepting periods of imprisonment just like they accept periods of unemployment and other forms of degradation. The system is set up to say it is their fault and isolate them from the knowledge that so many are in the same position, so they internalize the blame. But of course they mostly are genuinely stupid scum due to govt policies over generations promoting the breeding of sluts with losers. So a sad situation.

We have a massive enforcement system that most people don't dream the extent of enforcing things right now. When this situation breaks down it is going to be murder.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are most people now criminal underclass?

Post by Adama »

The real bad part is the criminal background check, which is meant to eliminate people from the work pool. Some unfortunate man gets a record, and it's over. From watching Teen Mom 2, apparently it isnt hard for worthless women with criminal histories to get jobs. And once you're in the system, it is very difficult to get out, without lots and lots of money and luck on your side.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 22nd, 2020, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed, what you say isn't helpful unless you identify the country you're in. Certainly, this is a problem in the U.S., where our feral, winner-take-all form of capitalism deals with the underclass problem by criminalizing them and locking them up. Heck of a solution.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Cornfed wrote:But of course they mostly are genuinely stupid scum due to govt policies over generations promoting the breeding of sluts with losers. So a sad situation.
What about regression to the mean? I could be wrong about this, but I thought that humans generally breed back to the mean.

The rise in the criminal underclass might be partially explained by the huge number of single moms (who raise kids destined for crime), and maybe also the fact that so many people have no real opportunities in the U.S. anymore.

Joe Bob would have walked into a factory in 1980 and gotten work that paid the bills and wasn't soul destroying. Now what is Joe Bob supposed to do?

If Joe Bob gets a hard science degree, he will probably live in relative poverty most of his life.

If Joe Bob gets a liberal arts degree, he will also probably live in relative poverty most of his life.

If Joe Bob goes to law scam school or pharmacy school, he is screwed for life and will spend most of his meager wages paying off interest on debt.

Now, if Joe Bob goes into crime, at least he has some temporary spending money for life's little pleasures.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Cornfed, do you believe that the crime rate is actually going down in the USA, as reported widely in the media? I don't! I think the numbers are all bullshit, tbh.

Crime is always been off the charts in the U.S.A. I can compare how I feel in the U.S.A to a place like Dongguan, China--which has one of the highest crime rates in the country, and it's not even close! I feel less safe walking around in a rich, White suburban neighborhood than I do in a rural, crime infested street in Dongguan. LOL!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

zboy1 wrote:Cornfed, do you believe that the crime rate is actually going down in the USA, as reported widely in the media? I don't! I think the numbers are all bullshit, tbh.
It is likely to not be down nearly as much as it is said to be, but probably is not up much since the claimed peak of the early 90s. Partly this is because of the obvious reason of an aging population. Also there is a massively expanded enforcement effort of more pigs, prisons, private security, CCTV, electronic monitoring etc. When this breaks down, and it will, the results will not be pretty. You will have vast numbers of wild animals suddenly let off the leash.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Adama wrote:The real bad part is the criminal background check, which is meant to eliminate people from the work pool. Some unfortunate man gets a record, and it's over.
This is one of the reasons for the massive expansion of criminalizing the population - blame displacement onto the individual. The regime can effectively say that there is no problem with the number of jobs available. You just can't have one because you are criminal scum.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Well, at the end of the day, government enforcers seem to usually be VERY arrogant people. This is not just going to be limited to the ground-level employees, it'll also be their bosses & people that arrange activities for these organizations. Nothing is good enough for them, basically. Actually, I think it's more about malice toward people.

I don't believe that they actually have all this confusion or unawareness that people think they do. A major trend is to see attackers as something innocent in some way. It seems that this is a counterphobic reaction, where those people are trying to counteract the fear they feel. It's just painting over a problem, basically.

I also think that the policy implementation workers feel like they actually overturn reality or that it somehow takes a "coffee break" for them- that what happens is not what occurs. So when they act like assholes, particularly when they're on the job, they feel that it somehow "doesn't count." As something that happens. Even though it occurs.

Side Note: This is, of course, the type of person that would potentially engage in deliberate failure to excite this sense. Maybe they misrecord data (simple lying), maybe they misapply it (mistaken identity, wrong address, etc...), maybe they botch a hostage rescue (it happens). Basically, they f**k up to feel like a "non-stick pan of f***ing up." Sure, it could be genuine failure & they aren't doing things deliberately to get a high- but that lands at the same place, doesn't it?
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Cornfed wrote:Part of my job is hassling people to show me identification. Increasingly people are showing me prison ID as their only form of identification. Obviously they are mostly men, but females doing this is not uncommon. There are also an increasing number of people both genders now showing up with the electronic monitoring ankle bracelets in use by the Corrections Dept.
I wonder if this is another cash grab.
Next time you accost one, find out if they have to pay a fee for the "privilege" of being on the electronic leash.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:Increasingly people are showing me prison ID as their only form of identification. Obviously they are mostly men, but females doing this is not uncommon.
USA has clearly a problem about law execution, there are too many people in jail, but there however also too many people in USA, who are illegals and they should not be there at all.

http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-u-china ... 18032.html
WASHINGTON/LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - In early June, in cities across America, U.S. immigration agents arrested more than two dozen Chinese nationals with unfulfilled deportation orders, telling them that after years of delay, China was finally taking steps to provide the paperwork needed to expel them from the U.S.

But, not for the first time, China failed to provide the necessary documents, and three months later not one of those arrested has been deported, and many have been released from custody. They form part of a backlog of nearly 39,000 people Chinese nationals awaiting deportation for violating U.S. immigration laws, 900 of them classed as violent offenders, according to immigration officials.
And now add to these illegal Chinese all these illegal immigrants from Latin America like Mexico etc, and all the illegals from India, Pakistan and so on and so on, and you will find 100000s of people in USA, who should not be in USA at all.

About prison population - too many are in jail who should not be there, they often committed crimes which might be a lenient sentence outside of USA, a few weeks or so, but surely not a jail sentence over decades like in the United States.

In general, US-citizens are not known to be criminals while living outside of USA.

I see the problem with USA also in the quality of its policemen, their reputation is remarkably bad, almost like police in 3rd world countries.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Cornfed wrote:Part of my job is hassling people to show me identification. Increasingly people are showing me prison ID as their only form of identification. Obviously they are mostly men, but females doing this is not uncommon. There are also an increasing number of people both genders now showing up with the electronic monitoring ankle bracelets in use by the Corrections Dept.
I wonder if this is another cash grab.
Next time you accost one, find out if they have to pay a fee for the "privilege" of being on the electronic leash.
No, most of them are stone broke and are not allowed to work when on the electronic leash, and you can't get blood out of a stone. Of course it is all a huge lucrative industry for the private security companies running the electronic monitoring, doing prisoner transport, running prisons now in some cases etc. At least it is lucrative for the senior management. Not so much for lower level staff being paid a pittance.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

According to this CNN article, ("Why have so many men stopped working?" http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/11/news/economy/men-work/ ) :

*Current labor force participation rate for 25-54 yr old men : about 88%
In 1965: about 97%

*4 to 5 percent of the 25-54 yr old men in the labor force are unemployed (source: http://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpseea10.htm)

I don't know how many of the employed ones are underemployed (working part time, etc).

Quoted economics professor in CNN article even suggests that some men are turning to a life of crime.

How many options do American men (especially those who can't benefit from affirmative action) have any more?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gnosis wrote:According to this CNN article, ("Why have so many men stopped working?" http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/11/news/economy/men-work/ ) :

*4 to 5 percent of the 25-54 yr old men in the labor force are unemployed (source: http://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpseea10.htm)
LOL obviously grossly understated.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Cornfed wrote:
gnosis wrote:According to this CNN article, ("Why have so many men stopped working?" http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/11/news/economy/men-work/ ) :

LOL obviously grossly understated.
What do you suppose a better estimate is? (Not a facetious question; I am having trouble sifting through info online.)

I wish I could see data giving a racial breakdown to control for affirmative action.

I have lived in Asia for about 3 years straight now. Asked family members last year about several of the guys I grew up with. It sounded like basically none of them that my parents had kept in contact with had anything decent yet, or if they did, my parents hadn't heard about it.

I was shocked. Several of those guys were bright guys (at least one of them was very bright), all came from good middle class families with a strong work ethic. None of them that I know of got involved with drugs or anything really irresponsible.