China says this beauty queen is too hot for pageant

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

China says this beauty queen is too hot for pageant

Post by Mr S »

http://nypost.com/2015/11/27/communists ... g-country/

Canada’s China-born Miss World contestant was stopped in Hong Kong on Thursday and denied permission to board a flight to the beauty pageant finals in China, a move she said was punishment for speaking out against human rights abuses in the country.

Anastasia Lin, a 25-year-old Toronto actress who was crowned Miss World Canada in May, was unable to obtain a visa in advance of her arrival for the contest finals this week in Sanya, on the southern Chinese resort island of Hainan.

But she said she attempted to enter the country anyway based on a rule that allows Canadian citizens to obtain a landing visa upon arrival in Sanya.

Lin, who is a practitioner of Falun Gong, a religious group that says it is repressed in China, told reporters at Hong Kong’s international airport that she was prevented from boarding a Dragonair flight to Sanya. She said there has been no response from the Chinese authorities so far.

“There’s no comment from the Chinese embassy … so I realize that’s the tactics they’re using, they just want to let it die down,” said Lin, who was wheeling a silver suitcase and dressed in a short tan trench coat.

“It’s very difficult to stand up for what you believe in,” she said, adding: “I need to figure out what to do next.”

Lin testified at a US congressional hearing on religious persecution in China in July. In her testimony, she said she wanted to “speak for those in China that are beaten, burned and electrocuted for holding to their beliefs,” according to the text of her statement on the Congressional-Executive Commission on China’s website.

Lin said this month that her father had been harassed by Chinese officials after she spoke out about human rights abuses in the communist country.

Canada’s Miss World contestant Anastasia LinPhoto: AP

Asked about Lin’s case, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said he had “no information to provide” about her case. He did not elaborate.

The Chinese Embassy in Ottawa said Lin was not welcome in China, a Canadian newspaper reported on Wednesday.

“China does not allow any persona non grata to come to China,” Yundong Yang, an embassy spokesman, told the Globe and Mail. “I simply do not understand why some people pay special attention to this matter and have raised it repeatedly.”

Miss World pageant organizers said in an email they had no information as to why a visa was not granted to Lin, but said she may be offered a place in the 2016 Miss World contest.

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: China says this beauty queen is too hot for pageant

Post by Yohan »

I do not consider her as something so very special beautiful.

China was right to refuse her to enter for the contest.

If they allow her in and she is starting again with political comments she might be arrested on the spot -
even on the stage of the Miss World and this might cause many more problems than to refuse her to enter the country.

I also doubt her citizenship, she is Canadian while outside of China, but China does not permit to renounce Chinese citizenship,
she was born in China, her father still living in China.
She might well qualify for a Chinese national while in China.

Japan and Thailand have similar laws. No dual citizenship accepted while still inside the country.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Pft. Niggah please. She ain't nothin'. Beauty is subjective anyway.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

She is not "too hot", she is too critical of these communist fuckers. Makes them uncomfortable to have someone call them out on their bullshit. Physically speaking this woman looks like a molten chinky Latoya Jackson.

On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:She is not "too hot", she is too critical of these communist fuckers. Makes them uncomfortable to have someone call them out on their bullshit.
You are wrong informed if you really think that such a stupid woman can make the Chinese government uncomfortable - if China feels really uncomfortable about that, they would merely cancel the entire Miss World Contest, but all international organizers remained silent, when she was refused to participate. The Miss World Contest took place in Hainan, and of course without Miss Canada, who was declared as a person non grata, an unwelcome person.

China does not feel 'uncomfortable', when facing such issues, believe me. They can only laugh when somebody like this Canadian Chinese is showing up talking human rights, feminism, Falung Gong etc. BS out of the mouth of a woman who is a nothing in China. A gnat for an elephant.

Some years ago China did not feel uncomfortable to cut down a 'live broadcasting' with a certain US-female politician (maybe next US-president) who was claiming gay marriage is a human right while visiting China.

Many smaller Asian countries do not trust China.

However Asian countries are also not happy to see United Nations, US and EU politicians, do-gooders, Christian missionaries, feminists, animal protectors, child anti-spanking brigades etc. complaining about their countries and proclaiming their 'universal laws' - it's about replacing their Asian culture with Western moral values.

The only country here in Asia strong enough to reject such Western values is China.
It is not possible to 'teach China a lesson'.

http://reports.weforum.org/global-gende ... /rankings/

There is a Western pro-feminist organization called World Economic Forum, which has chosen PHILIPPINES as the no. 1 feminist country in Asia, and as no. 7 worldwide. China is # 91, Japan # 101, South Korea # 115.

I am not happy about China. Not at all. As you know, I am living in Japan. China is a bully and a braggart, but sometimes I feel we need it.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Yohan wrote:You are wrong informed if you really think that such a stupid woman can make the Chinese government uncomfortable - if China feels really uncomfortable about that, they would merely cancel the entire Miss World Contest, but all international organizers remained silent, when she was refused to participate. The Miss World Contest took place in Hainan, and of course without Miss Canada, who was declared as a person non grata, an unwelcome person.
You seem awfully keen to attribute "strength" to the loathsome Chinese Communist party, a party despised by the people they claim to represent. The fact that the Chinese government refused her entry is not a sign of strength, but of weakness. How little confidence they must have in themselves to feel threatened by one woman's words, who has neither fame nor influence. What else could one expect of a government that censors the Internet and doesn't allow criticism? The more they try to hinder criticism, the weaker and more brittle they show themselves to be.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Seeker wrote: You seem awfully keen to attribute "strength" to the loathsome Chinese Communist party, a party despised by the people they claim to represent. The fact that the Chinese government refused her entry is not a sign of strength, but of weakness. How little confidence they must have in themselves to feel threatened by one woman's words, who has neither fame nor influence. What else could one expect of a government that censors the Internet and doesn't allow criticism? The more they try to hinder criticism, the weaker and more brittle they show themselves to be.
I wonder why you talk so much about China while remaining silent about Western countries which are doing the same.

Check out how many people were refused entry to countries like the USA, UK or Australia.

This PUA-idiot for example was not even a political activist.
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... -up-artist

Your question back to you, gender-reversed, about UK and not about China: How little confidence they (= UK) must have in themselves to feel threatened by one man's words, who has neither fame nor influence?

This PUA-idiot for sure has less fame and influence in UK or elsewhere than a Chinese-born female political activist, running for Miss World who testifies in USA about human rights stuff against China. and now she wants to enter China? What did she expect?
His critics, who include the Home Office minister, Lynne Featherstone, and the shadow home secretary, Yvette Cooper, say he dresses up his seminars as dating advice but actually focuses on tricking women into having sex, in order to make money.
VAWG (violence against women and girls) campaigners have warned that areas of Blanc’s sales pitch veer into rape promotion, as he promises to teach men how to persuade women to have sex with them who are reluctant.
To persuade a woman to have sex and finally she agrees to it is still 'to give consent', at least this is my opinion - and now I am a rape apologist or what?

Just doing something like that - 'to teach how to persuade women to have sex' - is already enough to be refused to enter a Western country, and you complain about China?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Ghost wrote: Yes, the West just refuses to keep its nose out of the affairs of others. I'm glad that there are powerful countries like China and Russia that can tell the U.S. to f**k off. The Western mindset is mentally ill, believing that it must bring all people into the fold of liberalism. They're f***ing sickos.
I am surely not the best friend of Chinese politics, I am living in Japan, but this person was declared as 'person non grata' and still she tried to trick out the Chinese border control - it did not work out.

China was correct to refuse her entry, otherwise she might have been arrested in China, causing even more diplomatic problems.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Mr S wrote:http://nypost.com/2015/11/27/communists ... g-country/

Canada’s China-born Miss World contestant was stopped in Hong Kong on Thursday and denied permission to board a flight to the beauty pageant finals in China, a move she said was punishment for speaking out against human rights abuses in the country.

Anastasia Lin, a 25-year-old Toronto actress who was crowned Miss World Canada in May, was unable to obtain a visa in advance of her arrival for the contest finals this week in Sanya, on the southern Chinese resort island of Hainan.

But she said she attempted to enter the country anyway based on a rule that allows Canadian citizens to obtain a landing visa upon arrival in Sanya.

Lin, who is a practitioner of Falun Gong, a religious group that says it is repressed in China, told reporters at Hong Kong’s international airport that she was prevented from boarding a Dragonair flight to Sanya. She said there has been no response from the Chinese authorities so far.

“There’s no comment from the Chinese embassy … so I realize that’s the tactics they’re using, they just want to let it die down,” said Lin, who was wheeling a silver suitcase and dressed in a short tan trench coat.

“It’s very difficult to stand up for what you believe in,” she said, adding: “I need to figure out what to do next.”

Lin testified at a US congressional hearing on religious persecution in China in July. In her testimony, she said she wanted to “speak for those in China that are beaten, burned and electrocuted for holding to their beliefs,” according to the text of her statement on the Congressional-Executive Commission on China’s website.

Lin said this month that her father had been harassed by Chinese officials after she spoke out about human rights abuses in the communist country.

Canada’s Miss World contestant Anastasia LinPhoto: AP

Asked about Lin’s case, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said he had “no information to provide” about her case. He did not elaborate.

The Chinese Embassy in Ottawa said Lin was not welcome in China, a Canadian newspaper reported on Wednesday.

“China does not allow any persona non grata to come to China,” Yundong Yang, an embassy spokesman, told the Globe and Mail. “I simply do not understand why some people pay special attention to this matter and have raised it repeatedly.”

Miss World pageant organizers said in an email they had no information as to why a visa was not granted to Lin, but said she may be offered a place in the 2016 Miss World contest.

Wow!!!! What a beauty!!!! Perhaps she should enter the MISS UNIVERSE PAGEANT and I hope she wins first place!!!!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

IraqVet2003 wrote: Wow!!!! What a beauty!!!! Perhaps she should enter the MISS UNIVERSE PAGEANT and I hope she wins first place!!!!
Many women in Asia look like that, I see nothing special with her. At least China is doing a good job to keep her out of the country.
A Chinese-born Canadian feminist and Falung Gong activist as beauty queen in China is the last what this country wants to welcome.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Mr. Wu would split that bitch in half.
Time to Hide!
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Lol
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
QLO
Freshman Poster

Post by QLO »

what would her punishment be if she was anti american instead of anti chinese?
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

Call me unimpressed.