If Putin Married His Descendants to Romanov's Family?

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

If Putin Married His Descendants to Romanov's Family?

Post by MrMan »

I was just thinking if I were Vladimir Putin and wanted to install a family royal dynasty, I might consider finding a potential political heir in my family and marrying that individual off to someone in the Romanov family.

I think Putin actively tries to keep his children and grandchildren out of the limelight. I'm not sure if his grandchildren are of marrying age or if this thing would have to go down a generation. The Romanov's, I have read, cannot have a true heir based on the royal protocols of old Russia. But if Putin married off a male heir with his family name to one of the Romanov girls, maybe that could just be a political stunt to make that child one day a symbol of national pride. But one of Putin's female descendants married to someone who would have been a candidate for Tsar if the Bolsheviks had not messed up their monarchy, then if he used his power for it, he might be able to reinstitute a monarchy and at least have female descendants on a throne.

Introducing a monarchy in Russia could be messy, could result in some massive social changes, etc. If he wore the crown as a transitory measure, or was regent, though, at his age, if the Romanov was aligned with his political philosophy and was set up to take over after he died... maybe he could pull it off. I don't know Russia or the Russian people enough to know if this could work.

In the mid-1990s, Koreans were talking about an idea to united the two Koreas under one king, an heir to the throne who earned his living by singing this cheesy music the Japanese had introduced to Korea in the '50's or '50's that old people used to dance to on tour buses when I was there in the 1990's.