Would you learn a foreign language for a woman?

Chat in foreign languages or discuss language-learning.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Hey, would it be appropriate to ask a Latin American woman to bring a translator to a date? Maybe a friend who can speak English?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Hero wrote:Hey, would it be appropriate to ask a Latin American woman to bring a translator to a date? Maybe a friend who can speak English?
Why don't you just learn Spanish? It isn't that hard. If you want to have a serious relationship with one of these latinas either you will need to learn Spanish sooner or later or she will have to learn English.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

chibolo wrote:
Hero wrote:Hey, would it be appropriate to ask a Latin American woman to bring a translator to a date? Maybe a friend who can speak English?
Why don't you just learn Spanish? It isn't that hard. If you want to have a serious relationship with one of these latinas either you will need to learn Spanish sooner or later or she will have to learn English.
I have no time! It's not that easy when you have a full-time job already.
JaiGrimstone
Freshman Poster

Post by JaiGrimstone »

Ya why not. But only if she loves me. Because it will be better for me to understand her lovely feelings and she will also not face a problem in explaining me the same.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

chibolo wrote:
The latter should be a nil option. I wish you
guys would stop being so thirsty to teach these
women English. It sounds like some of you guys
Like to exacerbate and expedite americanization
Of the world and thats what most of us waNt to get away from.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Hero wrote:
chibolo wrote:
Well, I don't really see another option. How can you expect to have a relationship with someone you can't even communicate with?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

chibolo wrote:
Hero wrote:
chibolo wrote:
Well, I don't really see another option. How can you expect to have a relationship with someone you can't even communicate with?
All right, all right. I just got a copy of Spanish for Dummies. Are you happy now?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Hero wrote:
chibolo wrote:
Hero wrote:
chibolo wrote:
All right, all right. I just got a copy of Spanish for Dummies. Are you happy now?
Those "dummies" books go into meticulous detail and really get beginners going.
I never used that book per sé, but I have used Microsoft SharePoint 2010 for Dummies before and it was a banger! I loved it! It got me up to snuff in how to use SharePoint Designer 2010 just like that.

Check out the Spanish for Dummies, and make it a a daily habit to read, recite, and internalize.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Hero wrote:
chibolo wrote:
Hero wrote:
chibolo wrote: Why don't you just learn Spanish? It isn't that hard. If you want to have a serious relationship with one of these latinas either you will need to learn Spanish sooner or later or she will have to learn English.
I never used that book per sé, but I have used Microsoft SharePoint 2010 for Dummies before and it was a banger! I loved it! It got me up to snuff in how to use SharePoint Designer 2010 just like that.

Check out the Spanish for Dummies, and make it a a daily habit to read, recite, and internalize.
:D Learning from that book is a good start but you should also immerse yourself in Spanish as much as possible. Watch tv and Youtube videos in Spanish, listen to latin music, etc. That's the best way to learn IMHO.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

If you like soccer, watch that too. Watch the telenovelas as well. The women are so f***ing hot it is hard to change the channel. It is easy to watch 1 hour easy. That makes for good practice long term and they tend to use good Spanish for the most part, but not so textbook, you would be lost listening to a real Spanish speaker.

You can also find a nice gal to help you practice. Sometimes you can learn alot about a woman's level of patience by constantly asking her language questions. :wink:

Don't worry, you can have that advice for free. Your welcome. :lol:
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

kai1275 wrote:If you like soccer, watch that too. Watch the telenovelas as well. The women are so f***ing hot it is hard to change the channel. It is easy to watch 1 hour easy. That makes for good practice long term and they tend to use good Spanish for the most part, but not so textbook, you would be lost listening to a real Spanish speaker.

You can also find a nice gal to help you practice. Sometimes you can learn alot about a woman's level of patience by constantly asking her language questions. :wink:

Oh man, I know what you mean about those telenovelas. I was hooked on Corazon Valiente for a looong time. The USA just doesn't have women like that anymore. Those women are so hot, I felt like I was going to burst into flames, and I'm not kidding.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Hero wrote:
kai1275 wrote:If you like soccer, watch that too. Watch the telenovelas as well. The women are so f***ing hot it is hard to change the channel. It is easy to watch 1 hour easy. That makes for good practice long term and they tend to use good Spanish for the most part, but not so textbook, you would be lost listening to a real Spanish speaker.

Oh man, I know what you mean about those telenovelas. I was hooked on Corazon Valiente for a looong time. The USA just doesn't have women like that anymore. Those women are so hot, I felt like I was going to burst into flames, and I'm not kidding.
Yeah, watching telenovelas is a good way to learn Spanish. The Mexican ones have the easiest to understand Spanish, but their stories are pretty much always the same.

If you want to watch a great telenovela check out La Reina del Sur. It is a bit different from the usual telenovelas and actually has a good story.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0F4qQrI ... 6F78B4DA6F[/youtube]

Another good one is the Colombian telenovela Sin Tetas No Hay Paraiso. The Colombian Spanish in this one is quite hard to understand though, so it will probably take a while before you can understand it.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Hero wrote:
Hero wrote:I will say that none of the Latin American girls who I've chatted with consider my lack of Spanish to be a deal-breaker. But one of them did insist that I learn it.
Like LadiSlav said before, he knows that they expect you to speak-a Spanish in Latin America - point - blank.
Huh? Point blank??
Claro k sí.... Ellos estan orgullosos de su cultura, maing. (ADHD + ADD) < Polyglot
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

chibolo wrote:
Hero wrote:
chibolo wrote:
Hero wrote: I have no time! It's not that easy when you have a full-time job already.

:D Learning from that book is a good start but you should also immerse yourself in Spanish as much as possible. Watch tv and Youtube videos in Spanish, listen to latin music, etc. That's the best way to learn IMHO.
Quien es "you"? I know you aren't speaking to me, paisa. Save that banter for your man, Hero. Jajajajaja Estaba bromear. jejejejeeje
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Hero wrote:

Supergenial. LOL