Thailand opening in January 2022 Fully

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
florida johny
Freshman Poster

Thailand opening in January 2022 Fully

Post by florida johny »

2 days ago the Thailand embassy website claimed that Thailand would be fully open to Tourists in January 2002. It did not say if you would have to quarantine.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Thailand opening in January 2022 Fully

Post by Yohan »

Every Thai Embassy tells you something differently because they don't really know anything, everyday different advices from their government.

At this moment Thailand is still a mess and all what we can do is to wait. Except of course if you have too much money and are willing to pay for testing, quarantine, otherwise visa requirements to obtain a certificate of entry, pay for covid-19 insurance and so on and go straight to Phuket.
Phuket is the only place at the moment, which is 'somehow' open at this moment.

Even if all Thailand opens, do not expect really a nice stay in most holiday cities, too many businesses are closed, too many poor people around who lost their small income because they were serving mostly foreign tourists. Also complaints about more crimes as usual.
In 2019 almost 40 million foreign tourists entered Thailand and now there are only 500.000 or so, 80 times less!

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattay ... ood-366678
Pattaya becomes Heartbreak City as thousands left to beg for food

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnew ... ear-366570
Thailand may welcome only 500,000 international visitors this year.

My destination is Pattaya, my second home is there, but I will wait it out as my home in Japan is very nice, no need to hurry.
Already vaccinated 2 x Pfizer, no serious side effects, only a bit tired for 2 days and a little pain in the left arm.
I am ready to go to Thailand for a few months, but not under such conditions.
PocosonSnaffle
Freshman Poster

Re: Thailand opening in January 2022 Fully

Post by PocosonSnaffle »

Thailand is open without too much annoyances since May