Is "being yourself" the problem?

Discuss what's wrong with American women. Share problems, experiences and stories about them and why they suck so bad that you've had to resort to dating abroad and foreign women.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Is "being yourself" the problem?

Post by Traveler »

I remember Neil Strauss, author of The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists, commenting that the more fake he learned to act towards women the more success he had with women. He was eventually able to marry this woman:

Men like fake tits. Women like fake personalities. Maybe "being yourself" is overrated.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Is "being yourself" the problem?

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Eww... why did he married that bimbo? He should've gone abroad instead to Eastern Europe or South America.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
-- Kurt Cobain
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

If you are just trying to score skanks then as far as they are concerned you are there to entertain them, so being a pretentious blowhard would probably help.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

The problem with most men is that when they do "fake it" they don't "make it" because their acting skills are simply subpar. If you want to trick a woman into believing you are a certain type of guy, you have to be believable. It has to feel believable. If it doesn't feel smooth and natural, she won't fall for it and you'll be shit out of luck. Also, you will need to not be hideous, dorky, badly dressed, or obese.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

I disagree with OP. Why should I pretend to be someone else just to trick a woman into dating me? Lol. If the woman doesn't like me for who I am then quite simply she can f**k off.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

How was he being 'fake'? Did he pretend to be a doctor or a billionaire? Did he pretend his parents had a perfect family, but they were each five-times divorced ex-cons?

If you lie to a woman, then marry her, chances are, she will find out. If he's pretending to have an English accent, keeping that up throughout a marriage will be difficult and stressful. Faking something like that would be difficult and stressful over time, but people you are around long enough would eventually find out.

Be yourself. You don't really have any other choice.