Relocating To Mexico

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Relocating To Mexico

Post by Taco »

Good info about Mexico...

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Relocating To Mexico

Post by fschmidt »

Mexico needs to build a wall to keep American liberals out.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The only thing I'd be worried about in Mexico and Central America is the high murder rate it seems to be getting worse.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Taco wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 11:45 am
The only thing I'd be worried about in Mexico and Central America is the high murder rate it seems to be getting worse.
I've been to most Federated States of Mexico, and like Aaliyah & DMX, I came back in one piece (well okay the former literally died in a plane crash two weeks before 9/11 had occurred, but you get the drift!). I will say that the seediest Mexican states are Sinaloa and Tabasco for non-ethnic tourists, but i got through A.O.K.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

¡Hola mis compas!

I've been living in Mexico for over three years already, and I can tell you my experience. If you don't seek for trouble, you'll be fine (same can be said for virtually any country). And the places i've been to, you can safely walk around just about any community, as long as you use common sense. Despite reports of more people being killed in the drug wars in recent times, I've gotten through AOK.

I lived in Guanajuato City but now I live in Ciudad Lerdo, a small city in Durango state that's just across the Coahuila state line from Torreón.

Regarding the presence of Americans in Mexico, I can tell you from experience that it's mostly in places where Americans are drawn towards. The younger people flock to Cancun and Cabo San Lucas, especially college students on their spring break. Older retirees head to places within the heart of the country (e.g. Ajijic, Guadalajara, Mexico City, Querétaro, San Miguel de Allende), or other beach towns (Mazatlán, Puerto Vallarta), or even the southern part (Oaxaca or Chiapas). I wouldn't want to be in areas where my countrymen are a common sight, even though I stand out from them immensely - I dress more stylish now than the last couple of years (instead of polo shirts, I now wear V-neck t-shirts; I also have a a few button shirts where you roll up the sleeves; I now have a more interesting haircut than before; and I even have a good pair of sunglasses), I speak very good Spanish with an authentic accent, and I usually like hanging out with locals rather than with my countrymen (although I've met a few Americans in hostels who are very easygoing and down to earth).
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 8:11 pm
¡Hola mis compas!

I've been living in Mexico for over three years already, and I can tell you my experience. If you don't seek for trouble, you'll be fine (same can be said for virtually any country). And the places i've been to, you can safely walk around just about any community, as long as you use common sense. Despite reports of more people being killed in the drug wars in recent times, I've gotten through AOK.

I lived in Guanajuato City but now I live in Ciudad Lerdo, a small city in Durango state that's just across the Coahuila state line from Torreón.

Regarding the presence of Americans in Mexico, I can tell you from experience that it's mostly in places where Americans are drawn towards. The younger people flock to Cancun and Cabo San Lucas, especially college students on their spring break. Older retirees head to places within the heart of the country (e.g. Ajijic, Guadalajara, Mexico City, Querétaro, San Miguel de Allende), or other beach towns (Mazatlán, Puerto Vallarta), or even the southern part (Oaxaca or Chiapas). I wouldn't want to be in areas where my countrymen are a common sight, even though I stand out from them immensely - I dress more stylish now than the last couple of years (instead of polo shirts, I now wear V-neck t-shirts; I also have a a few button shirts where you roll up the sleeves; I now have a more interesting haircut than before; and I even have a good pair of sunglasses), I speak very good Spanish with an authentic accent, and I usually like hanging out with locals rather than with my countrymen (although I've met a few Americans in hostels who are very easygoing and down to earth).
Hola paisano....I like how you been taking me along virtually on your journey of transition (no gender ops pun intended hahahaaha jajajajajajajaj jejejejeeje). Yeah, you are really coming into form now, buddy. Keep up the good work, and don't look back!!!!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I was just wondering what states are the women open to meeting gringos...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_M ... verty_rate

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Taco wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 3:04 am
I was just wondering what states are the women open to meeting gringos...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_M ... verty_rate

Realistically speaking, you have to stand out from your fellow countrymen to have success with Mexican women. For instance, not only you have to learn Spanish, you would also have to dress more stylish and have a more interesting haircut. Furthermore, you'd have to learn to be more masculine because the machismo culture is still going strong; it's less pronounced these days compared to a few decades ago, but it's nothing like the U.S. where most men have been emasculated.

In other words, you can't be a soyboy cuck or the women will walk all over you.

Once you have met those basic steps, my next recommendation is building social circle, and they may introduce you to some Mexican women.