Going There to Meet Your Online Girlfriend

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Going There to Meet Your Online Girlfriend

Post by yick »

flowerthief00 wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 5:11 am
Bad idea. I wouldn't do it. A man should generally avoid situations in which he is the one who is expected to make all the investment up front, and this is such a situation squared. How easy it is for the woman to back out or change her mind or suddenly find someone else she likes better with no financial penalty for her capriciousness.
How do you know it is a bad idea? What investment do these Ukrainian broads make when some cabbage from Ohio decides to give $10000 of his hard earned to Mark Davis?

I have done it twice, I got to see two new countries but I also realised that any woman of quality has plenty of options on the homefront - simple as that, neither one of them were waiting on tenterhooks for my letters/emails and I would never ever do it again but the lead up, the build up, the travelling to these places was something I will never ever regret - meeting them at the airport for the first time, going around their home city with them, meeting their families in their homes - amazing experiences - what has this chump got to lose by going to Indonesia for two weeks and meeting this woman if he has something of a connection?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

yick wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 5:53 am
flowerthief00 wrote:
Bad idea. I wouldn't do it. A man should generally avoid situations in which he is the one who is expected to make all the investment up front, and this is such a situation squared. How easy it is for the woman to back out or change her mind or suddenly find someone else she likes better with no financial penalty for her capriciousness.
How do you know it is a bad idea? What investment do these Ukrainian broads make when some cabbage from Ohio decides to give $10000 of his hard earned to Mark Davis?

I have done it twice, I got to see two new countries but I also realised that any woman of quality has plenty of options on the homefront - simple as that, neither one of them were waiting on tenterhooks for my letters/emails and I would never ever do it again but the lead up, the build up, the travelling to these places was something I will never ever regret - meeting them at the airport for the first time, going around their home city with them, meeting their families in their homes - amazing experiences - what has this chump got to lose by going to Indonesia for two weeks and meeting this woman if he has something of a connection?
^ I've done it twice myself on far less money and got burned in disappointing fashion both times, although admittedly the relationships were not as serious as to be talking about marriage.

Travel is great if he can find other reasons to visit there (going around the city, sightseeing, etc) but chunky one-sided investments are how men get burned. That's my advice.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

flowerthief00 wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 6:25 am
yick wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 5:53 am
flowerthief00 wrote:

^ I've done it twice myself on far less money and got burned in disappointing fashion both times, although admittedly the relationships were not as serious as to be talking about marriage.

Travel is great if he can find other reasons to visit there (going around the city, sightseeing, etc) but chunky one-sided investments are how men get burned. That's my advice.
Fair enough, that's the trick - not to invest too much emotionally, have your hopes high but be prepared for disappointment but in the end you have seen a part of the world which you wouldn't have done otherwise.

For me I was burned once but with the other lady, I couldn't afford to visit and see her often and she found someone else nearer to her, she was a class act though so unsurprising.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

flowerthief00 wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 6:25 am
I can only agree with this comment, especially true with US-citizens who often never have been abroad.

Get on an airplane, check out the world beyond the borders of your own country.

Women? Consider it as a side-product of your trip, and let me add, do not focus only towards one country and only towards one woman.
If you can do it, you should try to visit some other countries too on route and try to contact other women too.

If you come from USA direction Singapore, you likely can arrange easily - without adding much additional costs - a stop in Japan or South Korea or Taiwan, Philippines, you can move over to Malaysia from Singapore (which is really nothing but a modern and not cheap city-state) rent a car and drive around, you might consider a short trip over to Indonesia etc.

The major problem often US-citizens with a regular job are facing is not really about money but about time.

About women, if you meet some friendly girl, that's fine and if not it was a nice trip with plenty of pictures to look at. I never regretted my trips - regardless if it was to Russia, Portugal, Turkey, Iran, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand etc. finally ending up in Japan....