Ok I believe you that many guys you know have done well with dating in Taiwan. But that does not prove that my statement that "Taiwanese girls are NOT open with strangers in general" to be wrong or false at all. If I'm wrong, then why does every honest Taiwanese guy admit that I'm right? My dad admits it, the security guards in my neighborhood admit it, other Taiwanese men admit it, etc. because it's SUPER OBVIOUS and a no brainer. How do you explain that? You never have. Obviously I am not wrong, or else normal sincere Taiwanese guys would not be admitting that my assessment of their women is correct. Simple logic.
I know for a fact that my statement is true. It's not even in dispute. It's as true as 2+2=4. So why do you debate this with me? Can't we both be right? Or does one of us have to be right and the other wrong?
Why can't the reasonable explanation be that most of these guys you know didn't cold approach Taiwanese women but met them in other ways, which are more conventional?
And don't tell me that you've never tried chatting them up only to have them ignore you totally as if you weren't even there.
Besides, the term "doing well with women" is subjective and relative. You have to define what that means. To me, doing well means having the Taiwanese girls in the photos I posted at the top, be open and engaging with you and going out on a date with you and at least kissing you or holding hands, or having passionate sex with you and embracing you tightly.
You saw what that Chicago guy said above. He said that he heard that Filipinas were "sweeter and warmer". Why would he say that, unless he felt that Taiwanese girls were not "sweet and warm"? Though he didn't say that exactly, you can insinuate that from his words using basic logic. And if he heard that from someone, then it must mean that other people felt the same way.
If hotties like the girls in the photos I posted above, dated me and slept with me anytime I wanted, why would I ever want to go to the Philippines? There would be no need. Who would go from high quality to low quality? No one would! Come on now. Get real. Yet the white expats I mentioned above are doing that for some reason. Use basic logic here.
1. Perhaps a lot of Taiwan girls are not open to strangers. But, a large percentage of the girls I dated seriously here were initiated as cold approaches. In fact I made it a strict rule never to date girls in the firms I worked in unless they were short term temps who had already left and never got piped into any of the company grapevines. As I've said before, my focus is not on approachability but rather score-ability. With some strategic efforts and time invested towards girls I find attractive, will dating, romance, and intimacy follow? If so, with what percentage of them? That's what I care about. And that's where Taiwan has served many I know of including myself well. It takes some balls to approach these girls and certain skills and/or inherent conditions to break through barrier you obsess about. But its doable with a fair percentage for many guys. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have done it for so long. Did I have to deal with rejection and flakiness? Yes, and it sucked. But, my overall batting average was high enough to make it worthwhile.
2. Consider the quality issue. What kind of girls can western guys pull in Taiwan? Generally, I would say girls who are physically out of their league in most countries if that's what they want. A very average looking mid-30s English teacher dude can probably date cute college girls with some effort. A regular looking late 20s early 30s guy who knows how to dress right will have a fantastic selection from the 18-22 year old set including some 8s or even better. And a mid-20s decent looking student like my former French tenant will likely get approached by young and not so young girls in school and/or nightclubs. If he was at all proactive and focused, I don't doubt he could get some success at the top levels.
Last night, I went out to Vieshow Cinemas to catch an evening flick. In total, I saw 4 western guys. 2 of them were together with each other. But the other 2 had local dates. One was with a knock-out - 5'9", very young and classy, dressed fashionably, excellent face and body - she looked like the type you might see with a young local celebrity. I'm sure she would score at least an 8 in most local's books. Her date was an African dude of regular height, OK looking and well dressed but nothing that special. Hard to tell his age but he might have been well into 30s. The other guy was a decent looking white guy who was probably early 30s. His date was also very young and had a super cute face with big eyes. And she was reasonably tall. Somehow, someway, certain guys are meeting and dating these impossible to approach Taiwanese.
3. Need I remind you of our trip to Taichung last year. In the scope of 48 hours, we met well over a dozen Taiwan female strangers and had a good time on dates with a couple of them. The biggest rejection we suffered was from a 30 something Filipina factory worker too, lol. So what's the "SUPER OBVIOUS and a no brainer"? You live in the frickin sticks man and are surrounded by hicks. You've said yourself that your family is populated by boring squares. Why do you use that sub-set to represent all of Taiwan?
4. Why would a western guy in Taiwan choose to relocate to PI if the above 3 points are true? Could it be he's too lazy to put in the work required of many quality Taiwan girls when he can get a certain class of Filipinas who just throw themselves at him? Could it be cus he's getting too old for Taiwan and his handicap is disappearing? Could it be the Taiwan environment depresses the hell out of him after awhile and he craves the easygoing, warmer, and more English friendly environment of the PI? Could it be he wants a less intelligent and perhaps easier to control girl?
5. Following from my last point, you would be surprised at the women some very successful guys choose. One of top local guys at my last company, a guy with a masters degree from the States who earned well over 500K US$ per year, married a simple Taiwanese girl who would just do what he told her to do and never speak up in front of others. Another guy I knew, a mid-30s Jewish stationary entrepreneur from Canada worth US$ 10s of millions, chose a low class, unemployed, sloppy and plain looking Taiwan girl with a serious drinking problem to be his LT partner.
6. Girls like the ones in your photos are generally not point and click for most westerners. But some of them are attainable with effort. And I believe both girls I saw at the cinema yesterday with western dates are more attractive than any of the ones I saw in your photo.
7. The more you try to apply your logic to women and dating, the more confused you're probably gonna be.