Opening a bank account in Asia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Opening a bank account in Asia?

Post by cadams84 »

I had a bank account with BB&T here in the United States but no longer do. They seemed to make stuff up to charge me fees for and I got tired of it. Right now I have just been putting my pay checks on a prepaid debit card. I was wondering which American banks are common in Thailand and the Philippines or if there is a bank that is popular in Asia that I can start an account with online?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Do not fiddle with online banking abroad. Do your research, choose the bank for you, and travel there with the cash, or wire the money via the SWIFT system.

You should obtain all your paperwork, and get the contact information for the international customers.

I would suspect any bank that accepts international online accounts is not legitimate. How can they even prove your citizenship without viewing your passport?

Travel there and do your business.
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Post by cadams84 »

I don't see my self traveling anywhere carrying several thousand dollars in cash. lol I have found a few banks that will let me create accounts with online as long as I fax them my paperwork. I guess I will just use the google machine to see what type of banks I can create accounts with here that have branches where I am going.