12 Logical Reasons Why Rock's Taiwan Claims Can't Be True

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

You can find Chinese schools in Mexicali, Mexico. They are mostly Saturday-morning Mandarin classes geared at children who speak Cantonese (more specifically: Taishan/Toishan Hua) at home and Spanish at school. Simplified Chinese is used.

I used to attend Chinese schools up in the Bay Area. I never liked my classmates very much, since they always wanted to speak English (whereas I wanted to speak Chinese, as the teachers had wanted), and had the mean, cliquish, stuck-up attitudes typical of Americanized elementary school kids. I quit in elementary school, and since then on have learned all my Chinese by myself.

My parents rarely took me to Taiwan, but my Chinese language skills were much better than many Taiwanese-American kids who went to Taiwan nearly every summer. Self-study using books and the Internet, and speaking Chinese with my family did the trick.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ph_visitor wrote: ...and here we return to the core value set of most posters to HA. Juvenile, immature, "lol-ing" boys.
ph_visitor, you really don't make much sense.

1. As Globetrotter, you took a stand against Winston's treatment of his son by voting with your feet. I think many others here share a similar sentiment regarding that issue. What you did was respctable and demostrated your principles.

2. But then you came back like a p***y, like a year later, as a whining and ranting newbie poser complaining about how this forum had mislead you about the PI and caused you to suffer greatly. But anyone with a regular IQ including yourself, could easily figure out with some searching of the archives, that the view expressed here on PI here is quite mixed. There's all kind of negative stuff written about prices, food, girls, weather, hotels, and other cultural aspects, the very stuff you piped on and on about for like 9 pages. It seems you chose to read selectively, focusing only on the most glowing reports, and then blamed the whole forum member base when the place didn't live up to your expectations.

3. On top of that, you deny your former identity which strips you of any remaining credibility you had. Cus you haven't made much effort to mask your fomer self as evidenced in the personal details you've shared, your attitude, and your writing style.

4. You also seem to fancy yourself as some sort of expert on China who's opionions on all related subjects are always correct while anyone who disagrees with you here, no matter what their background or experience, is always wrong. But you have been in country just 2+ years, spent the bulk of your time in a very rural area there, came at a relatively late age, and don't even speak any of the local languages. You think your own perceptions are the only valid ones while the rest of the members here are just juvenile clowns (even the ones who are older than you). How does that make sense???

As I've written previously, rural China is clearly getting the best of you. You behave like a passive aggressive troll who is obsessed with Winston and full of negative energy. If you don't shape up, he'll probably ban you before too long. But this time around, you'll leave with your tail between your legs.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Using Mandarin in outback areas of China

Post by Rock »

I just talked to an old friend today, a Taiwanese girl who's been living in Freemont for the last several years. She told me about a trip she took with another Taiwanese to Four Girls Moutain (四姑娘山) in western Sichuan close to Tibet.

I made it a point to ask her how they were able to communicate in such an area. She told me most people there were Tibetan and spoke to each other in one of the Tibetan languages. But, most people, including all the children they met, spoke understandable Mandarin to outsiders. They had no problems commuicating with people in restaurants, hotels, people on the streets at a festival, and to the curious children. They used standard Taiwan style Mandarin and could easily understand and be understood by most local minority people in this fourth tier backwater area of China some 2,000 km away from Taipei.

Mandarin, if you learn to speak reasonably close to one of the accepted broad standards, will serve you very well all across China, just as it has for me.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Tell her to check out http://www.funshion.com/

It's a freebie, but don't install on same PC that you do your online banking on. ;p

If you find anyone from TW who has trouble understanding Mainlander speech, just have them watch some episodes of 非诚勿扰.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Re: Using Mandarin in outback areas of China

Post by ph_visitor »

Rock wrote:Mandarin, if you learn to speak reasonably close to one of the accepted broad standards, will serve you very well all across China, just as it has for me.
Reading between the lines and what you do not reply to, it's highly likely you are young in appearance, 37-40 years old, have been speaking ZH for 13+ years, and make a large amount of money. You own rental properties in Taibei and elsewhere. You sell B2B financial products for a well-known financial firm.

This would mean that people you speak with pretend to understand you because you are making them lots of money, and the women want you because you are hot.and loaded. A major catch, highly desirable.

Then you compare your experiences to someone 52, or Winston.

In Asia, some guys do insanely well and some guys are completely ignored.

No one knows why no matter who you ask.

Self-awareness on the part of the Chinese girls is about zero, so they offer no insight.

This is what is going on here with Rock/Winston/Myself.

The only way to find out if you will do well, is to show up and see.

Since all the guys online always mention how many they are banging, it's often overlooked what their demographic profile is.

Even among the 50+ yo guys I know, 80% have a young Chinese babe, and 20% strike out 100% of the time.

No one knows why.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Even among the 50+ yo guys I know, 80% have a young Chinese babe, and 20% strike out 100% of the time.

No one knows why.
This is why I am a believer in karma from past lives and other such things. Money can help but even then bad luck can interfere and screw things up.
And also, when I was telling Rock about my experiences in Thailand, he would not believe me. I think we are all living in parallel worlds that present themselves to us in accordance with our karma and certain patterns keep reappearing no matter what.
Also, it would be interesting to see how Rock fares when he is 50+ and compare notes.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:

No one knows why.
This is why I am a believer in karma from past lives and other such things. Money can help but even then bad luck can interfere and screw things up.
And also, when I was telling Rock about my experiences in Thailand, he would not believe me. I think we are all living in parallel worlds that present themselves to us in accordance with our karma and certain patterns keep reappearing no matter what.
Also, it would be interesting to see how Rock fares when he is 50+ and compare notes.
Yes, I'm starting to think along those lines as well. And its not that I don't believe you about your experiences in Thailand. Cus I know you are an honest guy who does not brag. Anyway, you were in Thailand at an earlier age.

With Thailand, my default assumption regarding our different experiences there has been that its changed a lot in last 20 years and opened-up a more to the outside given the influence of the Internet and growth in number of tourists / expats from all over the world.

But perhaps its a karmatic issue where people are in parallel but slightly different planes of the same universe. A lot of travelers and expats I meet seem to have middle-of-the road type experiences in a given country. But once in awhile, I meet someone who is an outlier, who either has mainly extremely good or very bad experiences in a given place. For example, someone might get attacked and beaten multiple times in safe country, land a dream job in a place with a tight job market, transform into a laides man in a city with hard-to-approach stand-offish women in spite of ordinary appearance or worse, or get the cold shoulder treatment in spite of model looks. Sometimes I only hear of such experiences from their mouths. But I have also observed very surprising things with my own eyes.

You once told me that if you chant for something you want each day for a certain amount of time, it will come to you eventually. Did you ever try solving your issues in Thailand this way? Did you ever try it with challenges you've faced in PI or say just a really hot girl you wanted to seriously date there?
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

rock, you don´t talk about "the secret" do you? :) OH NO !! :)
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

ladislav wrote:

No one knows why.
As a lifelong practicing Buddhist, I believe in karma and completely agree. Two similar people do the same things and get completely different results - it's karma. OTOH, the great thing about the concept is that karma is changeable, it is NOT immutable; you can change your karma. Granted it's tough but doable. So it is not the same as the Western concept of fate.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

ladislav wrote:I think we are all living in parallel worlds that present themselves to us in accordance with our karma and certain patterns keep reappearing no matter what.
Well, my contention is that this 'pattern' is not reappearing, but new and in stark contrast to my social life up to age 42.

It's as though I am discussing the dating life of two separate men.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Have you considered visiting Taiwan?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

momopi wrote:Have you considered visiting Taiwan?
A lot of the problems he talks about would probably disappear if he was here, especially in Taipei. Foreigners get a bit of special treatment sometimes. But it tends to be positive and very toned-down. For the most part, you are just a regular member of society, nothing special.

But, as far as dating and romance goes, its much better for guys around 35 and under. As you probably know, most local women seem to either marry or give-up on dating by early to mid-30s. Perhaps this is changing somewhat as more women are choosing to be independent and birth rates are so low. But seeking out and finding 30+ available local women would be a very different game and I'm not sure what strategies might be effective.

For older guys who want to keep dating and being around lots of younger women, PI, Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, and perhaps Vietnam and even parts of China are probably much more suitable.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

ph_visitor wrote:
ladislav wrote:I think we are all living in parallel worlds that present themselves to us in accordance with our karma and certain patterns keep reappearing no matter what.
Well, my contention is that this 'pattern' is not reappearing, but new and in stark contrast to my social life up to age 42.

It's as though I am discussing the dating life of two separate men.
Back to ladislav's comments about karma. Karma is the accumulation of causes (both good and bad) made throughout your life (or lifetimes if you believe in that). Therefore it is not unusual for a man to get different results at various stages of life. The man who is poor and unsuccessful early in life, but works hard, studies hard and creates good karma, often finds that success comes later in life.

Don't know what happened to you at age 42 to make such a dramatic difference but that is not a universal dividing line; not everyone's karma dictates their successes drop off at that age.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Taiwan seems to be cool. Look at the site of my favorite web dj from berlin. he get´s most his visitors from taiwan. so taiwan already has a part of my heart. GO TAIWAAAN. This guys must be to cool for school. yeah

http://www.facebook.com/OfficialDJ.BeaTMaster
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ned Zeppelin,
Why are you trying to defend Repatriate here? Remember this is the guy who, when he was moderator, banned you for no reason. Remember? So much for his great judgment.

Besides, he is peddling stupid debunked arguments, such as the one about me looking like a taxi driver. Rock asked several girls in Taiwan about that, and they said that I don't look like one at all. And no they were NOT just being polite. Their faces had the look of someone when you ask them a "bizarre question".

But Repatriate sees only what he wants to see, and if you give him contrary data, he will filter it out with cognitive dissonance. In truth, he is the only one who thinks that I look like a taxi driver. It's a stupid argument, and a shallow one at that. He is a very immature and shallow person. Mature confident guys don't get fixated on other guy's looks, nor are they adamant about another guy looking like a taxi driver when he does not.

Have you noticed that only ugly insecure guys bash other guys looks? It's never the good looking confident guys who do that. It's obvious that Repatriate is very insecure, shallow, and lacks confidence in himself. Basic psychology.

Furthermore, what does my looks have to do with anything? Rock now claims that it's all about attitude, since his 5ft 5 dark skinned Indian tenant in Taiwan is doing well picking up chicks there, contrary to everyone's expectations. Also, at the wedding I went to, I saw many hot girls with ugly guys who were less attractive than me.

That was the point of the OP. But Repatriate failed to see that, and instead brought up his old debunked claims again, which he is fixated on. Only someone very petty, insecure and IMMATURE would do that.

Finally, use basic logic here. Repatriate acts as though I am the worst dressed person in the world. But that is impossible. In the US, I bought clothes at the mall and strip malls from popular stores that millions of Americans buy their clothes from, such as Ross, Marshall's, Macy's, The Gap, etc. So if millions of middle class Americans are wearing the same thing, how can I be the worst dressed? It doesn't make sense and is logically impossible.

Even if I wore a $5000 suit, or wore whatever Tom Cruise was wearing, Repatriate would still dog me. He is insecure and is trying to make me feel insecure, to try to put another Asian below him. That's how bullies work. That's their motivation. Don't you see?

In truth, there's nothing wrong with the way I dress. As long as I don't smell, what does it matter? What's wrong with t-shirt and jeans or t-shirt and slacks or polo shirt and pants? NOTHING. Most people dress like that. So why can't I?

Only insecure shallow people care about such things, such as gay men and insecure Asian men like Repatriate. Real men don't dog other men for their dress style. Fashion can accentuate you. But it doesn't create love or attraction.

Another guy who Repatriate isn't out to dog can wear anything he wants. He can wear normal clothes like me, yet Repatriate won't dog him for it. Why do you think that is? Duh. Obviously, because someone you like and admire can wear anything. It doesn't really matter. But someone you don't like can wear anything, even the best clothes, and they'd still be made fun of for dressing badly. It's illogical and it's pure bullying.

Look all around you. Most people are wearing normal clothes, like me. I'm not stupid. I have fashion sense too. I wear nice clothes too. In some of my photos, I had no jacket or t-shirt cause the season had changed and I had no summer or winter clothes, thus I was stuck with whatever I could find.

In reality, what I wear is no different than most people. So Repatriate's claim that I'm the worst dressed person in the world is false and illogical.

What I don't understand is: How can there be something "wrong" with the way I dress, when everywhere I look, other guys are dressing the same way - decent shirt and jeans/slacks. It's very normal. I don't see any difference between my clothes and that of other guys all around me and on TV too. So how can there be something wrong with how I dress? This does not compute in my logic circuits. Am I missing something?

To ph_visitor (aka Globetrotter):

If you think my claims about Taiwan are wrong, then I challenge you to come here and try to cold approach women and see how far you get. See if you can do any better than in China. I dare you! Chickenshit.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne