Are China women becoming picky?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Re: Are China women becoming picky?

Post by CannedHam »

If you're going after a well-educated Chinese woman from a middle/upper class family in China, you better have something to offer as a foreigner, since she'll have her choice of local guys who own a house, car, have a good job, money in the bank, rich parents etc. Lower class and poor women will likely not speak English and many won't be interested in dating foreigners, and that group is most likely to fall into the latest anti-foreigner propaganda that's getting blasted all over China.

TBH your best best is a woman in the 35-45 y/o range from a Tier2 city like Chengdu. Far enough removed from the Mao era, but old enough to not be part of the super-entitled princess generation that's around nowadays.

I think there were a lot of phenomenal options in China from the early 2000s through around 2008 or so. I think it's much more difficult nowadays with the growing nationalism and anti-foreigner rhetoric, China's economic rise, and the general heightened tensions between China and the rest of the world.

As a place to permanently settle down and raise kids - no way would I ever consider it despite being married to a Chinese woman. Housing is ridiculously expensive, schools/healthcare are crap unless you shell out a lot of money, pollution, food/medicine quality issues, low English use aside from a few expat pockets in really expensive areas, growing resentment against foreigners, general difficulty of getting stuff done in China (if you thought the US DMV was bad....). My wife and I wouldn't mind living there 3-4months/year when we retire, however.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

CannedHam wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 1:34 pm
If you're going after a well-educated Chinese woman from a middle/upper class family in China, you better have something to offer as a foreigner, since she'll have her choice of local guys who own a house, car, have a good job, money in the bank, rich parents etc. Lower class and poor women will likely not speak English and many won't be interested in dating foreigners, and that group is most likely to fall into the latest anti-foreigner propaganda that's getting blasted all over China.

TBH your best best is a woman in the 35-45 y/o range from a Tier2 city like Chengdu. Far enough removed from the Mao era, but old enough to not be part of the super-entitled princess generation that's around nowadays.

I think there were a lot of phenomenal options in China from the early 2000s through around 2008 or so. I think it's much more difficult nowadays with the growing nationalism and anti-foreigner rhetoric, China's economic rise, and the general heightened tensions between China and the rest of the world.

As a place to permanently settle down and raise kids - no way would I ever consider it despite being married to a Chinese woman. Housing is ridiculously expensive, schools/healthcare are crap unless you shell out a lot of money, pollution, food/medicine quality issues, low English use aside from a few expat pockets in really expensive areas, growing resentment against foreigners, general difficulty of getting stuff done in China (if you thought the US DMV was bad....). My wife and I wouldn't mind living there 3-4months/year when we retire, however.
You on the spot canned ham and i try explain facs before to yick but he think he know all so remain in blis ignorance bubble....1999 to planing olympic era in 2006 the big magic when china happy abord paradising life enjoyed by many whiteman up to age hi 30s no matter shanghai no matter medium city and all around fun goofy place and can have big datings with late teen or 20s so so cute tame inocence chinagirl....

and you make point that now 2020 so increase up 45 years old lady when i make calculate for public duende option i cut off at 40 so if go up to 45 will have more options than just 1.6 for him in china

after 2010 big increasing not just resentings but also look thru nose and down on against foreigner and double hatings if you darkyman big truth of china which become growing hostility in silence against non hanman so the china dream over and done and those forener still stay china see sun seting and fading away better wake up smell coffee bean so now non hanman make plan for exiting
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

[
quote=CannedHam post_id=343581 time=1596659650 user_id=7424]
True and not true, there are hundreds of millions of women here and they all like different things, the more things you have going for you the more chance you stand of getting someone you like. If you are a foreigner of average height and below average looks then it is going to be hard.

There is no more 'anti-foreigner propaganda' than when I first got here in 2009. Though I suppose more and more people are starting to parrot this kind of crap (99 times out of a 100, a disgruntled Chinese man), still a minority.
You're joking, Chengdu is one of the more foreigner saturated cities in China outside of Beijing and Shanghai and probably Shenzhen and Guangzhou - being a foreigner in Chengdu counts for shit.
Maybe - but a lot of it has also been down to the quality of foreigners coming here and spreading their seed, a lot of it has been blogged and has done great damage, Napoleon Dynamite types coming and trying to f**k anything that moves has done great damage to our reputation as a group as well as unqualified layabouts - again, the nationalism has always been there and as for the 'anti-foreigner rhetoric' I would say it is in a small part of the population with the chances of it growing into something bigger.
Did you meet her on hellotalk? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obviously you visited China but how do you know all the above to any detail? You were planning on making a visit for the first time when you were chatting to your hellotalk friends (great app by the way!) but it sounded like you have never lived here - I don't know how you know all this unless you have been overdosing on Serpentza. :roll:
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Great things about living in China.

Very safe, no 'no-go' areas.
Not a nanny state and certainly not a police state.
Fantastic public transport and infrastructure.
People generally friendly and helpful where you don't need Chinese to live day to day.
Great food scene and very affordable to eat out, even in the high-end places.
Related to it being very safe, very little crime, very little violent crime - the chances of you getting beaten up or murdered for being a foreigner are around zero.
Loads and loads of very pretty and cute girls with absolute beauties being common.
Lots of work if you have a degree with the opportunity to save most of your money being far better than back home.
Easy and very cheap to travel to other Asian countries (when this pandemic eventually f***s off...) Beijing to Kuala Lumpur (for example...) is astronomically cheap!
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

yick wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 6:41 pm
Great things about living in China.

Very safe, no 'no-go' areas.
Not a nanny state and certainly not a police state.
Fantastic public transport and infrastructure.
People generally friendly and helpful where you don't need Chinese to live day to day.
Great food scene and very affordable to eat out, even in the high-end places.
Related to it being very safe, very little crime, very little violent crime - the chances of you getting beaten up or murdered for being a foreigner are around zero.
Loads and loads of very pretty and cute girls with absolute beauties being common.
Lots of work if you have a degree with the opportunity to save most of your money being far better than back home.
Easy and very cheap to travel to other Asian countries (when this pandemic eventually f***s off...) Beijing to Kuala Lumpur (for example...) is astronomically cheap!
most asia safe no murder fornerman

lo violent but hi theifing public or break inside house

salary peanuts for teach engish...

many school job under 2,000 euro most under 3,000 month lots of work for low payment

what save in year but 10,000 euro so after decades saving can perma lease ugly crumble china block apartment worst condition than council estate

prety girl only eyes candy not acept you most not shapey like east europe and latin most china hangirl pankake asshole

weirdo food germs organs disease animal ratmeat labling chicken toxic air

pee on flower shit on street poverty peasant sit on subway floor spit sidewalk farting everywheres yes wonderful peoples so lovely

ugly forner shutup mouth not talk polticicals tibet humane right hong kong democratic tiananmen just talk weather how so great is china great is food and china number one never forgeting
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

yick wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 5:57 pm
Obviously you visited China but how do you know all the above to any detail? You were planning on making a visit for the first time when you were chatting to your hellotalk friends (great app by the way!) but it sounded like you have never lived here - I don't know how you know all this unless you have been overdosing on Serpentza. :roll:
Yes I have. And which part of what I said is false?

Do you really think Chinese housing prices are reasonable? Even T3 city condos will often start at 1mil RMB where the average wage might be something like 3000 RMB/month. Does this make any sense? It's almost universally accepted that China's housing prices (for concrete boxes in the sky), are in the stratosphere. Rents are reasonable but in China the overwhelming mentality is that renting is for losers - China has something like a 90% home ownership rate. The only reason why many couples can afford a house is because 6 people are chipping in (couple + 4 parents).

Do you really think public schools there are great? Year-round non-stop study from 7AM - 11PM which consists of mostly rote memorization... I've met 8th graders in China that couldn't tell you what continent Paris is on. 50+ kids per class with angry teachers whose authority cannot be challenged. Cutthroat competition. International schools are on-par with a decent public school in the US except they cost $15-30k/year which is out of reach of 98% of Chinese.

Pollution is literally a quantitative measurement, it's not an opinion. The air in many large Chinese cities is notoriously bad. You cannot drink the tap water. I had to keep my windows shut, run the AC all day, and run an air purifier in the summer. Again, not sure what evidence you have that China's pollution is super low and somehow the rest of the world is wrong.

Low English use - go to a T3 city and literally everything will be in Chinese - road signs, menus. Hardly anyone but maybe university students will know any English. Yes Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen are be exceptions. But even when I was in Guangzhou, it could be difficult at times to get around without knowing basic Mandarin - and even that wasn't enough as some people only spoke Cantonese.

Resentment is a mixed bag - I do think it's overblown by guys like SerpentZA.

If you're looking to be a English teacher perpetual renter with no retirement plans, minimal savings, then sure, China is great. I'd love to live there again as a single guy with no obligations. If you're looking at raising kids and buying a house, going through the Chinese public school system, good f***ing luck. But my wife and I rather have our house and yard, US health insurance, 401k, social security + medicare when we're in my 60s.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

CannedHam wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 12:22 pm

Yes I have. And which part of what I said is false?
Most of it, you can tell you have never lived in China, you don't know many Chinese people and don't know much about Chinese culture.
Do you really think Chinese housing prices are reasonable?
Housing and the prices of are unreasonable in most countries - in Australia, New Zealand and the UK - youngsters won't get on the housing ladder - it is as simple as that. This just isn't a China problem, this is a worldwide problem where no more land is being made but the global population keeps growing.
Even T3 city condos will often start at 1mil RMB where the average wage might be something like 3000 RMB/month.
Very few people earn only 3000 RMB a month - even in a tier 3 city.
Does this make any sense?
Not many people earn 3000 RMB a month and it certainly isn't the 'average' wage, so - it just isn't true what you're saying.
It's almost universally accepted that China's housing prices (for concrete boxes in the sky), are in the stratosphere. Rents are reasonable but in China the overwhelming mentality is that renting is for losers - China has something like a 90% home ownership rate. The only reason why many couples can afford a house is because 6 people are chipping in (couple + 4 parents).
90% of the Chinese population does not own their own home. Glad to have got that straight. The overwhelming mentality is that renting is something you do until you can afford your own home.

Do you really think public schools there are great?
Why? Are they great in America? :lol: Home of the school shooting!
Year-round non-stop study from 7AM - 11PM which consists of mostly rote memorization... I've met 8th graders in China that couldn't tell you what continent Paris is on.
You can meet adults in America who couldn't point out the continent where Paris is situated - as is proven time and time again on many videos circulating around - thinking Australia is where Greenland is. What does that say about the US system?
50+ kids per class with angry teachers whose authority cannot be challenged. Cutthroat competition. International schools are on-par with a decent public school in the US except they cost $15-30k/year which is out of reach of 98% of Chinese.
I think the international schools are far better than 'decent' public schools in America - what do you think your chances of getting yo ass capped are in an international school in China?

Pollution is literally a quantitative measurement, it's not an opinion. The air in many large Chinese cities is notoriously bad. You cannot drink the tap water. I had to keep my windows shut, run the AC all day, and run an air purifier in the summer. Again, not sure what evidence you have that China's pollution is super low and somehow the rest of the world is wrong.
China is a country that manufactures things - so pollution is a problem - no argument there.

Low English use - go to a T3 city and literally everything will be in Chinese - road signs, menus. Hardly anyone but maybe university students will know any English.
So what? Do you expect everything not to be in Chinese in China? Well it is the same in Japan and South Korea - why should they be any better at languages than the average American and Brit - can you find people who speak great Chinese (unless they're Chinese themselves...) in the middle of Oklahoma - and you're wrong (again) on the point about road signs - road signs are in both Chinese and English (or at least pinyin) lots of menus have English translations - this shows your cluelessness - that you have only ever been a tourist.
Yes Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen are be exceptions. But even when I was in Guangzhou, it could be difficult at times to get around without knowing basic Mandarin - and even that wasn't enough as some people only spoke Cantonese.
You're in China - why should there be this high standard of English? I don't get your gripe with this? Do you expect this is France or Brazil? If you do then you're in for a sorry disappointment.

Does the same standard apply to the United States - the country where people whinge if they hear Spanish within earshot?

If you're looking to be a English teacher perpetual renter with no retirement plans, minimal savings, then sure, China is great.
I am an English teacher - why, what do you do for a living? I bet it's nothing I would want to do. If you have related qualifications like me, then you can save for retirement, buy property and make plans as you will be paid well like I am - I save over a thousand pounds a month every month, something not many people are capable of where I am from. 16 million people are 400 pounds away from being broke at any time in the UK and I know the figure is higher in America.

I'd love to live there again as a single guy with no obligations.

Except you never have lived there, you've been a tourist, that's all you have ever been.
If you're looking at raising kids and buying a house, going through the Chinese public school system, good f***ing luck. But my wife and I rather have our house and yard, US health insurance, 401k, social security + medicare when we're in my 60s.
China wouldn't be my first choice but nor would be America and as for the rest of it, I wouldn't want it - health insurance - the one thing that costs more the older you get and starts getting cancelled on you? :lol: You think that is something worth bragging about? And when you are in your sixties, you will probably end up in Mexico alongside the other 1.2 million expat retirees who can't afford to retire in your country.